What to do with the treasure hunting stuff

On 16.10.2018 at 5:33 AM, LeMiauh said:

Now i have "Disarming tools", "Ball pein hammer" and the "gold pan" but i don't know what to do with them and i'm not sure if the shears are just to cut tall grass more efficiently.

Disarming tools - disarm traps in ruins (plates, spikes, darts). Disarming darts gives you blow dart 

Ball pen hammer - chisel statues to get relic and gold nuggets 

Pan - sieves gold dust our of sparkling pools in the painted biome 

Magnifying glass - allows inspecting action on entitys with "peculiar" word in the name. Once you do that your char will state if it found something or not. If it did then destroy that entity completely, for example if it's tree axe it down AND dig out the stump, to find treasure or trinket underneath it. As a bonus glass allows you to set fire to things during day.

Shears - cut tall grass to get two times more yield than with machete, cut hedges to get two times more yield than with razor. Cut vines blocking enternamce to ruins, cut spike traps, cut hanging vines in the canopy biome. 

Good luck 

3 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

And you can use the Gold Pan. If a Pangolden drinks 8 puddles it'll poop gold. Best feature so far.

If you feed a Pangolden three gold dusts, I believe it will poop a gold nugget, too.  

7 hours ago, metallichydra said:

I thought it was pan, because a pan is used to get gold dust from the ponds, and pangolin eats gold dust, making it kind of a living pan

It's both a play on the word `pan` as in the pan you'd use for gold, AND Pangolin, as that's the creature they're based off of. It's like a name fusion, Klei does this often and I just love it!!

3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

It's both a play on the word `pan` as in the pan you'd use for gold, AND Pangolin, as that's the creature they're based off of. It's like a name fusion, Klei does this often and I just love it!!

so this time, instead the creature being based on 2 words, this is a 3-word creature

Archived