On 2018-10-15 at 8:53 PM, Voltinfinity said:

It's the one that greets you everytime you start a new world, I examined it with Wilson and he said that he doesn't like it at all

On 2018-10-15 at 8:55 PM, TurtleKitty said:

Maxwell's quote would likely glean more

Made a new world just to examine it as Maxwell. He says “It’s new”

Despite this being only two words, we can still figure a little bit out from this.

The DST intro cinematic (Wilson freed by Charlie) never starts with Wilson on the throne, never showing that Maxwell came before him. I think by the time Charlie frees Wilson, we’ve already had a few reigns by other survivors, and this period in the midst is when Hamlet happens (oh, and shipwrecked). Hamlet and the Maxemelion are “New” to Maxwell, and I’m hedging my bets that Hamlet was made by someone else, or even several people over the course of several reigns! This means every character can participate, because anyone else could be on the throne at the time, Maxwell included!

And now I just *have* to guess who made Hamlet. Wendy has her whole Shakespearian thing going on in her quotes, too. She’s my bet.

I also thing the Forge may have some relation, but that’ll have to wait for the Reforge for sure. I know I’ll be reading all of Pugnas lines (and probably Wendy’s, too)

Ooh, I should get @Zeklo in on this too. He’s got the whole lore thing on his YouTube channel, right? They’re the same person?

i dont think so, according to Maxwells quote, the merms where there already when he came, indicating that the world wasnt created by Maxwell. he might not even know about hamlet or shipwrecked before he was freed from the throne, he doesnt even know where the redbirds is from, he just states they are from "fiery lands".

for me it seem like there is 2 timelines:
base game --> shipwrecked --> hamlet
base game --> adventure mode --> dst --> forge --> gorge

1 minute ago, HaloFTheSun1 said:

Maxwell makes a quote about they weird glow in the dark brain things in shipwreck that he doesn't know what he was thinking. So too me he did have some involvement in creating shipwreck.  But according to some theory's evolution happens and well he might not be directly involved in creating everything and time help out a bit.

I immediately googled this, but unfortunately its "I wonder what it's thinking?" It would've been nice if he had some part in shipwrecked...

2 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Maxwell definitely had a hand in Shipwrecked's creation because he shows up at the end of the launch trailer as a billow of volcano smoke. I've actually been waiting for them to do the same kind of hint in a Hamlet trailer, but so far he hasn't made a similar appearance.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Hmm...   So perhaps Maxwell didn't make Hamlet, but did work on Shipwrecked?

16 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Maxwell definitely had a hand in Shipwrecked's creation because he shows up at the end of the launch trailer as a billow of volcano smoke. I've actually been waiting for them to do the same kind of hint in a Hamlet trailer, but so far he hasn't made a similar appearance.

Well, the thing we see at the start of hamlet is called "MAXameleon". Maybe or maybe not Maxwell in another form. And a sassy one at that... 2 point 10 landing*... it was a 4 at max

Also remember that was the announcement trailer for hamlet. SW EA trailer had no No sign of Maxwell there either. It was first at the LAUNCH trailer of SW Maxwell got mentioned there. So MAYBE, MAXameleon will appear in the launch of hamlet.

Whelp, I've read through ALL of Wendy's Hamlet quotes and my theory that she was the puppet during Hamlets creation is... Not great! Perhaps something'll come up later, but in the meantime the only vaguely supportive quote is her line for the Hogus Porkusator (New Prestihatator) "More forgotten knowlege." It's close to Maxwell's "I can't believe I forgot how to build those things." for the Science Machine. Not enough to justify such a big theory. Perhaps it'll be more defensible later, but in the meantime it's no dice.

4 hours ago, GVIRUSINFECTEE said:

I don't understand, i thought maxwell is on the throne thoughout dont starve including DLC and dont starve together starts when Charlie is takes throne. 

Maxwell is one the throne for original DS and perhaps Shipwrecked. Not sure about Hamlet yet. Wilson (And maybe others?) took the throne for a while before DST: A New Reign came out. Charlie only takes the throne once A New Reign starts in DST game, anyone can sit on the throne, and I'm guessing that's canon and Wilson freed someone other then Maxwell. There's a bit of an awkward period between Adventure Mode and A New Reign where we can't know for sure what happened. I'm hoping Hamlet happened in that awkward bit and helps clarify what happened...

1 hour ago, HaloFTheSun1 said:

The Cyclum Puzzles kind of conforms that Wilson took Maxwell of the throne.

Oops, I've done Cyclum and now I feel silly...   Aside from that, we've got two possibilities:

1- The most likely scenario, adventure runs are non-canon unless it's your first one and you play Wilson. I hope this isn't the case... 

2- Wilson frees Maxwell, someone frees Wilson, ect, ect. Wilson then... retakes the throne? I hope this is the case but it probably isn't.

I'm barely resisting the temptation to tag a developer...

I think the first one is the case, if you do tag a developer i hope they would make sense on what is cannon .  My question would be if all of the events (dlcs) all happen when Maxwell is on the throne? And if the adventure portal is the final chapter in the don't Starve single player?

31 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

I found a couple of lines that seem to imply that Maxwell had at least some involvement in the creation of Hamlet:

Pig Ghost - "Do I know you?"

Ancient Statue - Did I hide something in there...?

You’re a hero, you just saved me reading all of Maxwells quotes. I’ve just got to think about what that implies...

6 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Hamlet is 100% in the sky.

According to the worldgen screen, it's on top of a plateau, presumably one high enough to go above the clouds (or the clouds are simply lower in the constant)

6 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I wonder how the pig king left.

According to his vignette, he seems to have left by choice along with his followers to "rule freely in the constant."

9 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Hamlet is 100% in the sky. On top of a giant tree and something like that. I wonder how the pig king left... did the pigs just throw him off the island and hope for the best :D

2 hours ago, engiSonic said:

According to the worldgen screen, it's on top of a plateau, presumably one high enough to go above the clouds (or the clouds are simply lower in the constant)

According to his vignette, he seems to have left by choice along with his followers to "rule freely in the constant."

Actually, wasn't it confirmed that it's a mountain top? Like a really flat one, like a Plateau in on the mountains. Hence the reason for the Balloon, also, if that's the case I guess the Pig King simply rolled down or walked down the mountain. You can find hedges of him in the second town, so that almost certainly confirms that he was up here.

EDIT: Clicked on the images and looked at world gen, so it is a Plateau for certain, but I'm also certain it's still up in the mountain tops.

11 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Actually, wasn't it confirmed that it's a mountain top? Like a really flat one, like a Plateau in on the mountains. Hence the reason for the Balloon, also, if that's the case I guess the Pig King simply rolled down or walked down the mountain. You can find hedges of him in the second town, so that almost certainly confirms that he was up here.

EDIT: Clicked on the images and looked at world gen, so it is a Plateau for certain, but I'm also certain it's still up in the mountain tops.

But like how did he leave..? haha he is so fat he cant walk. Unless he lost weight moved than gained it all back! KLEI you need to explane this! 

3 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

But like how did he leave..? haha he is so fat he cant walk. Unless he lost weight moved than gained it all back! KLEI you need to explain this! 

Heh, I suggested he rolled down the mountain top, but maybe the pigs carried him? Roc, Maybe? A mass swarm of Glowflies he used to descend only to feast upon them later? Hands are in the air! 

Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

Heh, I suggested he rolled down the mountain top, but maybe the pigs carried him? Roc, Maybe? A mass swarm of Glowflies he used to descend only to feast upon them later? Hands are in the air! 

Maybe he hit his head on the way down. Thats why he is so dumb haha

Archived