Instructions

JoeW

On 16.10.2018 at 1:48 AM, JoeW said:

Hello All. Please follow the following instructions to play in the Hamlet beta. 

This will only work if you were accepted into the Hamlet beta - if the game is not on your account, you will not be able to actually play if you follow these directions. 

You will know that Hamlet is available to you when it shows up in your DLC list for Don't Starve. 

• RIGHT CLICK on the Don't Starve in the library list, select "properties" from the menu.
  • Select the BETAS tab located at the top
  • Put the code "twobeeornottwobee" into the box and click CHECK CODE
  • Select "hamletbeta - Hamlet Beta" from the dropdown menu.
  • Then CLOSE.
  • The game should update and now say "Don't Starve[hamletbeta]

NOTE:

Anybody can follow the steps above. However, only the people who registered and were accepted to the beta will see the DLC on their account and be able to play. If you follow the steps above, you don't see the DLC on your account and you only see shipwrecked in the game, you were not accepted into the beta. 

Reasons for not being accepted into the beta:

• Do not own Don't Starve on Steam
  • Did not register for beta
  • Did not register for beta using steam account
  • Registered with a different steam account (go check your other one)

If you are trying to play Hamlet but cannot, one of the above apply to you. If this is NOT the case and you cannot play, PM me and let me know very specifically that these do not apply to you and I will check it out. 

hey i have did all the steps and the game has updated but i still cant the hamlet dlc in the game or on steam and i also lost all the characters i have already unlocked 

pls help i really want it so bad :(

1 hour ago, New Weap Solly said:

Can someone help me

why.png

Do you have any other steam accounts? That status page literally checks to see if the steam account you logged into your klei account with owns hamlet. If this is not the case and you only have 1 steam account Please PM me with your steamid and klei account id

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Do you have any other steam accounts? That status page literally checks to see if the steam account you logged into your klei account with owns hamlet. If this is not the case and you only have 1 steam account Please PM me with your steamid and klei account id

I only have one steamid and I have sent the steamid and klei account id information in a PM to you, hope this information is enough to solve the problem, thanks for any assistance in the matter.

So I was accepted into the Beta and enter the code in order to access it. The game name has changed, but the DLC did not pop up and when I booted the game, it only shows SW and RoG.

I even tried rebooting my game and PC. Also tried using the same account on a different computer. Nothing...

I have the access to the Beta.

My code is not working as I am trying to type it in DST, problem is: I do not own dont starve.

So could someone tell me if:

I need to buy dont starve to access the beta?

I will need to buy dont starve to access the final version of Hamlet?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, kia. said:

I have the access to the Beta.

My code is not working as I am trying to type it in DST, problem is: I do not own dont starve.

So could someone tell me if:

I need to buy dont starve to access the beta?

I will need to buy dont starve to access the final version of Hamlet?

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Matsu Madakido said:

So...i was accepted and got the DLC, but when i put the beta code it says "beta access code invalid". What do i do?

As of now the Beta has ended. Hamlet wil be entering early access in November 8th.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

As of now the Beta has ended. Hamlet wil be entering early access in November 8th.

Oh I see! Cheers Zeklo!

What about the fact that I dont own dont starve, is it mandatory?

Archived