Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Instructions

Recommended Posts

MagicManICT    29
2 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

image.thumb.jpg.0ec07acf2b7b7edb99e419761ce54fab.jpg

i registered for the beta and did everything as told but there still isn’t the dlc?

Steam doesn't always sync as fast as you might want. Force a reload of library information (closing and reopening Steam is the only method I know). You don't need to put in the code to see the Hamlet DLC if you have access, but you can't play without going through the procedures at the top of this thread.

 

1 hour ago, jbeetle said:

Yea, I had to close Steam before I saw it. And you have to choose the beta after you enter the code. If you close the window before you do that, you have to redo the code then select it.

Once you get a confirmation that a beta code is accepted, it should stay registered. I haven't had issues myself before even if I don't install the beta right away.

@JoeW or other staff: On a semi-related note, I noticed I had access but never received an email to my registered account. (I'm pretty sure my registered email here is same as on Steam, but maybe not?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loganboy8    0

god i been trying for a long time trying to get the hamlet working but everything i do doesn't work (i think i wasn't accepted in)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galladiated    0

I feel as if i am having the problems that many have been, follow thy instructions, my game says [hamletbeta] but no DLC. Help?

Nvm i'm the idiot, prolly wasn't accepted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicManICT    29
6 minutes ago, loganboy8 said:

god i been trying for a long time trying to get the hamlet working but everything i do doesn't work (i think i wasn't accepted in)

Did you get the email? Whether you did or didn't, does Hamlet show as "added <date>" DLC for Don't Starve in Steam? Either of these are confirmation of acceptance into the beta test. If you were added, follow the directions at the top of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jbeetle    1,871
53 minutes ago, MagicManICT said:

Once you get a confirmation that a beta code is accepted, it should stay registered. I haven't had issues myself before even if I don't install the beta right away.

My problem was I entered the code but didn't select the beta once it appeared. That's what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foxpaw474    0
3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Select "hamletbeta - Hamlet Beta" from the dropdown menu

do this and hamlet will be downloaded (it is on beta menu)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loganboy8    0
27 minutes ago, MagicManICT said:

Did you get the email? Whether you did or didn't, does Hamlet show as "added <date>" DLC for Don't Starve in Steam? Either of these are confirmation of acceptance into the beta test. If you were added, follow the directions at the top of this thread.

Didn't even get a email

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kawasaki    1,082

I dont have the DLC listed aswell :/ . But i have the [hamletbeta] on the side and the game did a small quick update. Did everything that is mentioned on both thread of the forum even restarted everything but it doesnt show up. Can we get a comfirmation if we were not chosen or something, tho i see it mentioned that all who registered will be able to play it.

AND YES I DID REGISTER BEFORE THE CLOSING.

edit:  If i look in my klei account on the site i sell all my games on Klei (Hot Lav,DST,Oxygen not included) but i dont see DONT STARVE (singeplayer)  but i have it on steam and i did buy it. Does that have something to do with me not getting into the beta? In your requirements it says OWN IT ON Steam so i should be in i dont get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoscopeFelix    682
2 hours ago, Kawasaki said:


edit:  If i look in my klei account on the site i sell all my games on Klei (Hot Lav,DST,Oxygen not included) but i dont see DONT STARVE (singeplayer)  but i have it on steam and i did buy it. Does that have something to do with me not getting into the beta? In your requirements it says OWN IT ON Steam so i should be in i dont get it.

The same here I registered the second the closed beta was announced . I hope even us get the chance to play it9B58CB45-F412-4F16-98D5-E3590E79966D.thumb.png.6524725da2824c3cf17eefeef360ee29.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoddessUrsa    0

I think I know the reason why DS Hamlet doesn't show up in the library, even if it was installed.

In instruction, Klei Entertainment didn't write, that in "Properties" in the "Beta" tab, you have to choose what Beta you wants to participate. You have to do it manually, if it didn't happen automatically.

I hope that I helped!

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.