Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Instructions

Recommended Posts

JoeW    26,252

Hello All. Please follow the following instructions to play in the Hamlet beta. 

This will only work if you were accepted into the Hamlet beta - if the game is not on your account, you will not be able to actually play if you follow these directions. 

You will know that Hamlet is available to you when it shows up in your DLC list for Don't Starve. 

  • RIGHT CLICK on the Don't Starve in the library list, select "properties" from the menu.
  • Select the BETAS tab located at the top
  • Put the code "twobeeornottwobee" into the box and click CHECK CODE
  • Select "hamletbeta - Hamlet Beta" from the dropdown menu.
  • Then CLOSE.
  • The game should update and now say "Don't Starve[hamletbeta]"

NOTE:

Anybody can follow the steps above. However, only the people who registered and were accepted to the beta will see the DLC on their account and be able to play.

If you are not sure if you were accepted, please see this post

Reasons for not being accepted into the beta:

  • Do not own Don't Starve on Steam
  • Did not register for beta
  • Did not register for beta using steam account
  • Registered with a different steam account (go check your other one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,849

I'm not seeing it in my DLC Tab. Should I wait a bit longer, or is now the time to question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunter863    42
1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I'm not seeing it in my DLC Tab. Should I wait a bit longer, or is now the time to question?

Its in the betas tab and you put the code in the check code bar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
walbby    14
Just now, Hunter863 said:

Its in the betas tab and you put the code in the check code bar

i think he means the dlc itself, the beta doesn't work w/o the dlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,849
2 hours ago, LandWaldo said:

i think he means the dlc itself, the beta doesn't work w/o the dlc

*She (Sorry, nit pick.) but I see it now! I'm sorry for the post, but I had to full reset Steam to see it, thanks for the response, though! 

 

2 hours ago, Hunter863 said:

Its in the betas tab and you put the code in the check code bar

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auth    9,586

”threebeeornotthreebee” for developer mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lem3n    166
3 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

how do you get it to download??

I see it but it isnt installed

NEVERMIND GOT IT!!

Same lol. Mind is finally at 96%. Can’t wait to play it. Catch you all later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chewy Candy    8
31 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hello All. Please follow the following instructions to play in the Hamlet beta. 

This will only work if you were accepted into the Hamlet beta - if the game is not on your account, you will not be able to actually play if you follow these directions. 

You will know that Hamlet is available to you when it shows up in your DLC list for Don't Starve. 

  • RIGHT CLICK on the Don't Starve in the library list, select "properties" from the menu.
  • Select the BETAS tab located at the top
  • Put the code "twobeeornottwobee" into the box and click CHECK CODE
  • Select "hamletbeta - Hamlet Beta" from the dropdown menu.
  • Then CLOSE.
  • The game should update and now say "Don't Starve[hamletbeta]

THANK YOUUUUU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueSquip    2

I opened the game and its still shipwrecked. Hamlet reads as uninstalled, but my game has the [hamletbeta] on it. Help

 

nvm i think its because i havent been gotten to yet, based on what joe has said before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.