Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Mr. Matt

The Hamlet Helping Post (BETA)

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, IntrinsicIrony said:

I've tried something and have noticed the results to be pretty consistent for my last couple of runs. Although somewhat obvious, I'm going to share my findings here as a potential feature/tip. 

Tip: Placing all of your oinks into your backpack slot appears to conceal them from the masked pig. Both of my runs persisted into the Humid Season. I spent the vast majority of that time within the town square and did not notice the spawning of any masked pigs during that entire duration.

If anyone else has attempted this and have gotten different results, please let me know. Thanks! :D


Either they fixed it, or you have been very lucky. I decided to test this, and a thief just spawned in and started swatting at me.
All coins were in my backpack. He got away with 3 oincs. From now on I am always gonna carry a boomerang. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Matt    612
12 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

How do you use the thief's hat?

It basically reduces from how far a mob can agroo onto you, but in the town all pigs go scared mode and guards attack you. (Also if you did a crime and a guard noticed it, he wont remember you without the hat.).

 

3 hours ago, Newmoon said:

I havent got to get myself into their lair, the chest you mention is there? There is also a kind of disguise, do I need it?

Yes the honey chests are in the Mant Hills. As for the Mant suit and mask, get em if you really just don't want to be under attack all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,455
4 hours ago, Mr. Matt said:

(Also if you did a crime and a guard noticed it, he wont remember you without the hat.).

Is this true? People keep saying it but whenever I test it doesn't seem to be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what the lotus flowers are used for? They can't go in the crockpot, but can be eaten, though I doubt that is their purpose.
The strange hedgehog looking creature spawned on me for the first time today while I was picking said flowers, it started eating them, much like a gobbler. Man it was spinning fast. I dared not attack it. If pengulls have taught me anything, it is not to underestimate neutral mobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zinglon    131
3 minutes ago, Bullshootress said:

Does anyone know what the lotus flowers are used for? They can't go in the crockpot, but can be eaten, though I doubt that is their purpose.
The strange hedgehog looking creature spawned on me for the first time today while I was picking said flowers, it started eating them, much like a gobbler. Man it was spinning fast. I dared not attack it. If pengulls have taught me anything, it is not to underestimate neutral mobs.

When you cook them, they restore a bunch of sanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zinglon said:

When you cook them, they restore a bunch of sanity.

Interesting. I was struggling a lot with sanity in my earlier runs, that could help a lot.
Ever since I tried the new character though, I have never dipped below 250.
Warbucks definitely needs some balancing. Any other known uses for this flower? I haven't gotten around to exploring the magical tab yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zinglon    131
1 minute ago, Bullshootress said:

Interesting. I was struggling a lot with sanity in my earlier runs, that could help a lot.
Ever since I tried the new character though, I have never dipped below 250.
Warbucks definitely needs some balancing. Any other known uses for this flower? I haven't gotten around to exploring the magical tab yet.

As far as I look with 1 tier magic machine (it cannot unlock 2 tier recipe but still shows them), there's no new recipe for Hamlet for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duxe    185
2 hours ago, Bullshootress said:

Any other known uses for this flower?

There is currently an unused food in the code called "Lotus Chips" that might make its way into the full release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duxe    185
10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Is there a way to make the house green like the others?

If you mean change the outside look of your Slanty Shanty, you can make Home Kits inside the Renovate tab once you purchase the deed to the Shanty. However there is no further customization of the outside than that, at least to my knowledge. I don't recall if there is a green house selection in the mix. 

6 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Is this true? People keep saying it but whenever I test it doesn't seem to be the case. 

@Zeklo I tested this out. If you wear a Swashy hat while commiting evil deeds in front of a pig guard, then reset him by running away, then come back without the hat, he will not be mad at you. If you simply remove the hat while he is still attacking you, it doesn't work, however, if you do so and then reset him, he will forget about you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:39 AM, Bullshootress said:

Either they fixed it, or you have been very lucky. I decided to test this, and a thief just spawned in and started swatting at me.
All coins were in my backpack. He got away with 3 oincs. From now on I am always gonna carry a boomerang. lol

Ah, that's unfortunate! Thank you for testing this and sharing your experience. I don't recall seeing anything pertaining to this in recent patch notes. I did a third run, which lasted an equivalent amount of time, and obtained the same results. If this becomes a reoccurring theme and only a handful of players are experiencing this, then it may be a potential systematic glitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kiwikenobi    614

Does the fountain of youth ever get more water in it? Because I used mine up. ^o^;>

Do you perhaps get more if you kill the pugalisk? Or is it a one-time per world kind of thing, like an individual touchstone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Matt    612
4 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

Does the fountain of youth ever get more water in it? Because I used mine up. ^o^;>

Do you perhaps get more if you kill the pugalisk? Or is it a one-time per world kind of thing, like an individual touchstone?

So far the Fountain of Youth isn't renewable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IntrinsicIrony said:

Ah, that's unfortunate! Thank you for testing this and sharing your experience. I don't recall seeing anything pertaining to this in recent patch notes. I did a third run, which lasted an equivalent amount of time, and obtained the same results. If this becomes a reoccurring theme and only a handful of players are experiencing this, then it may be a potential systematic glitch.

I have been keeping the habit of stashing all my oincs in my backpack. I believe it's been a full year now since I've even seen a thief. There might be something to this.
I'm not sure what happened the time he spawned on me though. I can't guarantee 100% that an oinc didn't autoplace in my main inventory before I quickly stuffed it in the backpack. (if that happened though, it must have been way before he spawned.) I'll make sure that never happens and keep a mindful eye on the masked pig spawning. Not sure if having oincs in your main inventory inside your house may trigger the spawning too. Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MasterWolf    236
On 10/23/2018 at 12:39 PM, IntrinsicIrony said:

Ah, that's unfortunate! Thank you for testing this and sharing your experience. I don't recall seeing anything pertaining to this in recent patch notes. I did a third run, which lasted an equivalent amount of time, and obtained the same results. If this becomes a reoccurring theme and only a handful of players are experiencing this, then it may be a potential systematic glitch.

My game yesterday was the first time I had a lot of problems with the masked pig. He spawned everyday I was in confines of town (beginning at the farms). The first day was okay, I was able to kill him without a problem. The rest of the days though, it was horribly annoying. He stole and I was not able to stunlock him as easily as before, then disappeared after running away for some time. The last day, he did it while being attacked by a guard and me, and the guard let him escape so he could steal my oincs......

I usually carry oincs in my main inventory, and he did not spawn much before. Maybe it is a gltich. Can you get your oincs stolen if they are in your backpack on the floor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prakhar    138

My world has no sparling water and it hasn't spwaned any in 10 days.

Should I kill all the pangoldens? Who will poop out gold at twice the efficiency then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,455
5 minutes ago, Prakhar said:

My world has no sparling water and it hasn't spwaned any in 10 days.

Should I kill all the pangoldens? Who will poop out gold at twice the efficiency then?

What season are you in? Better question, has it been raining? That's the only way the pools refill, and you gotta be quick about it or the Pangoldens will suck em up as quick as they come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kiwikenobi    614

It seems that the ant-bug-people in the hive don't make or collect or otherwise put more honey into the honey chests after you take what they already have. Is this intentional? It seems like they should make more after a while, but I tried at least thirty in-game days after I first took their honey, and there wasn't any new honey. But maybe the honey is supposed to be a one-time thing for each game world or something. Does anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,455
7 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

It seems that the ant-bug-people in the hive don't make or collect or otherwise put more honey into the honey chests after you take what they already have. Is this intentional? It seems like they should make more after a while, but I tried at least thirty in-game days after I first took their honey, and there wasn't any new honey. But maybe the honey is supposed to be a one-time thing for each game world or something. Does anyone know?

Yep, mants don't do anything regarding the honey at the moment. The free honey you get on first opening doesn't replenish naturally. You can however insert nectar inside to create honey, but the mants don't do anything with it themselves. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prakhar    138
1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

What season are you in? Better question, has it been raining? That's the only way the pools refill, and you gotta be quick about it or the Pangoldens will suck em up as quick as they come.

I'm in the foggy season so the rain is plentiful. 

I've driven away most pangoldens, and the entire biome is run over by killer plants.

Does it matter if all the biomes where pools spawn are tiny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,455
Just now, Prakhar said:

I'm in the foggy season so the rain is plentiful. 

I've driven away most pangoldens, and the entire biome is run over by killer plants.

Does it matter if all the biomes where pools spawn are tiny?

Well, pools only spawn where pools have been before. They "replenish" rather than spawn, so if there was never a pool there to begin with, then you gotta find somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    9,275

Don't scare Pangolden. 

After he eats 3 gold dusts he won't poop immediately. Instead he'll walk somewhere to poop. If you scare him while he's walking there the proces will be cancelled, he won't poop and therefore you've jsut lost 1 gold nugget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites