The Hamlet Helping Post (BETA)

11 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

What is the purpose of the pherostone?

The pheromone stone translates Mant gibberish into readable text for the main function of hearing what they like to eat. Each Mant likes to eat something different (meat, plant, seeds, "tree", etc), and giving them their desired food will befriend them.

12 hours ago, Mr. Matt said:

I'll copy paste what I wrote earlier on how I did it and my tips.

Here are tips for Lush (Hayfever) season:

-Get a gas mask: You only really need to put it on for a bit but only every time the screen starts turning green. (So no need for nettles)

- In the jungle a bunch of brambles will start growing really far, even into other biomes! By destroying one bramble a bunch of others break too so it wont be too hard to navigate with them. A bramble takes 2 hits by a spear to break and make sure to have armor for it.

-You will be getting SW like winds and it will push items on the ground, however this does have another use.

-The rainforest trees will now drop its seeds because of the wind and will look different. Instead of using these for wood (buy tree seeds from shops to make farms), put these in the jungle near Spider Monkey nests so the trees get cocooned and you can chop them for silk.

Do you have a tip and getting hold of the peacock. I need its feathers for the gas mask. 

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Do not kill peagawks for feathers.

As far as I'm aware they are a limited resource currently. Pluck their feathers by driving them to an edge of the world, but don't kill.

This. Killing them is a big mistake. Try to get them stuck at the edge of the map, pick the feather rather than attacking them, but don’t go too far away. The feather will grow back soon and you can pick it again and again to make gas masks or trade for oinks.

5 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Do you have a tip and getting hold of the peacock. I need its feathers for the gas mask. 

Try putting butterfly wings on the ground near the peacock. He will go to eat them and won't be paying attention if you pluck it's feather. If you're quick enough you might even pick up the wing before peacock eats them, but even if not it's still very easy way to obtain feathers.

I got a gnat swarm on me and ran into the jungle at eveningtime - they left me alone to chase after one of the glowing bugs. It wasn't the poisonous jungle.

Peacocks will eat anything off the ground, not just butterflies, and you can pluck them while they're approaching the food, similar to turkeys.

Anyone got any tips for humid/thunder/lightning season?

7 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

How do you gain honey and what can nectar be used for? 

Both go hand in hand actually. You can get honey from Mant Hills, and nectar can be put into the honey chests there to be turned into honey.

On 20.10.2018 at 11:39 AM, Zeklo said:

Do not kill peagawks for feathers.

As far as I'm aware they are a limited resource currently. Pluck their feathers by driving them to an edge of the world, but don't kill.

Sorry, I didn't know they're limited. Drove some to the village's end. Will keep them safe and happy ^^

How do you guys get flints?

I finally figured out that I gained access to the renovation tab if I disabled my controller, sweet. However, I am still struggling a bit.
HOW do you remove placed furniture???
Flooring, wallpaper, columns, windows/wall decor seems to just overwrite each other. Rugs sometimes overlap, but so do shelves.
I have seen screenshots of rooms without the preplaced shelf, so I know it must be possible to remove it/switch it out.
Please help anyone? Are my overlapping shelves a bug, or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Bullshootress said:

HOW do you remove placed furniture???
Flooring, wallpaper, columns, windows/wall decor seems to just overwrite each other. Rugs sometimes overlap, but so do shelves.
I have seen screenshots of rooms without the preplaced shelf, so I know it must be possible to remove it/switch it out.
Please help anyone? Are my overlapping shelves a bug, or am I missing something?

Use a hammer on furniture you want to remove.

Also, if anyone haven't done it yet - you can dry poisoned frog legs to get small meat.

1 hour ago, djahn said:

Use a hammer on furniture yo want to remove.

Also, if anyone haven't done it yet - you can dry tubers to get small meat.

I swear I already tried that.. But, that might have been with a controller, which is obviously somewhat bugged.
I'll try pin point smashing it with the mouse and hammer. Thanks =) (Just tried, IT WORKS. YAY. It even dropped oinc.)

10 minutes ago, Duxe said:

What are you talking about o.o?

I'm sorry, Englih is not my native language. I meant poisoned frog legs. My bad.

1 hour ago, Bullshootress said:

Did not know that about the tubers. Awesome!

Not tubers, frog legs. Everyone was talking about tubers in this topic, that confsed me.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks for the clarification, but on a positive note... your post did lead me to messing around with the console and I think I discovered a bug with tubers, time to submit a report! Thanks for the inspiration behind it haha.

On 20/10/2018 at 8:16 AM, Quoth143 said:

Make a pen, chop a few walls and run him nearby. drop a food item inside the pen in the evening so he goes in. When night comes, the peacock will sleep and you can close up the pen. Come by every night to pick his feather.

2 hours ago, djahn said:

Sorry, I didn't know they're limited. Drove some to the village's end. Will keep them safe and happy ^^

How do you guys get flints?

Early game, drive the bugs on poop balls to walls and there's flint in those balls. Or under rocks, or in the irony biome. Then by breaking rocks. And inside batcaves. 

10 minutes ago, OlgaKam said:

Early game, drive the bugs on poop balls to walls and there's flint in those balls. Or under rocks, or in the irony biome. Then by breaking rocks. And inside batcaves. 

And again my English let me down... I meant gears.

So embarrasing.

hqdefault.jpg

How do you guys get gears?

58 minutes ago, Bullshootress said:

On the topic of decorating, I can't seem to find a place to hang anything on the walls. Do the floor beneath have to be completely clear?
One should think that some pixel on these walls should fit a small decorative object, but no.

walldecor1.thumb.png.73341fe63e24e72ca700b153198aa8ca.png

Same. I found 1 place to hang a painting a bit to the right side from the window on your screenshot. But I had to smash the window first.

Also, game crushes after I'm trying to build almost every ceiling lamp.

Archived