The Hamlet Helping Post (BETA)

50 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Thanks for all the answers!

How do objects become 'peculiar'? I've never seen any of these.

Don't know, but after surviving 100 days about a quarter of things become peculiar...

Just look around and check some trees with shady color.

The thief is a tricky fellow but once defeated he will drop a map to his stash or his swishy hat. The loot will of course have oincs and other valuable miscellaneous items. The swishy hat looks cool but I didn't get a chance to see what other effects it has on account of the guards going aggro on me once I put it on...sooo yeah. Swishy hat in town equals a bad time...Also the guards will pick up your oincs when they're on the ground after a thief encounter...Greedy jerks. 

18 minutes ago, IntrinsicIrony said:

Here's a Tip:

Instead of hacking away at tall grass with a machete, you can use shears to clip the grass in one swoop. Doing so will not only reduce your harvesting time by half, but will also result in an extra helping of grass. 

Yeah, you also shear vined doors of ruins, but I recommend to use cheaper machete to do.

22 minutes ago, Prakhar said:

What's a good renewable meat source? And how do I capture a bird for my birdcage?

You can keep killing the pig guards or Hippopotamoose (they breed like Beefalo). Make a bird trap in the Survival Crafting Tab.

20 minutes ago, Pimenteroo said:

What can i do with pangolden? I tried kill one, but the drops fell out of the world.

They only drop meat and their purpose is to drink the sparkly pools in the dessert so keep em away from those.

Here are tips for Hayfever season:

-Get a gas mask: You only really need to put it on for a bit but only every time the screen starts turning green. (So no need for nettles)

- In the jungle a bunch of brambles will start growing really far, even into other biomes! By destroying one bramble a bunch of others break too so it wont be too hard to navigate with them. A bramble takes 2 hits by a spear to break and make sure to have armor for it.

-You will be getting SW like winds and it will push items on the ground, however this does have another use.

-The rainforest trees will now drop its seeds because of the wind and will look different. Instead of using these for wood (buy tree seeds from shops to make farms), put these in the jungle near Spider Monkey nests so the trees get cocooned and you can chop them for silk.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Matt said:

In the jungle a bunch of brambles will start growing really far, even into other biomes! By destroying one bramble a bunch of others break too so it wont be too hard to navigate with them. A bramble takes 2 hits by a spear to break and make sure to have armor for it.

The armor doesn't seem to take damage when you chop these, but the player does. Might be a bug, but that's what I've observed

Just now, Rellimarual said:

The armor doesn't seem to take damage when you chop these, but the player does. Might be a bug, but that's what I've observed

I was using a football helmet for armor and it was taking durability, if you were using a suit and it wasn't taking damage, then it could possibly be a bug.

Just now, Mr. Matt said:

I was using a football helmet for armor and it was taking durability, if you were using a suit and it wasn't taking damage, then it could possibly be a bug.

I was using a helmet and it took no damage, but my character did, so it must be a bug

Just now, Rellimarual said:

I was using a helmet and it took no damage, but my character did, so it must be a bug

I'll test it.

4 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Yeah I tested it, it was taking damage for me as well as me.

17 minutes ago, 0Darkaos said:

Does cocooned trees give off more silk than killing the spider monkeys, and also has anyone tried playing as webber to check if the spider monkeys or any other insect type mob aggro to him?

Cocooned trees are more worth it since Spider Monkeys have a really low silk drop chance. As for Webber, they do attack him aswell as other insects. (These things may change)

15 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

How do you combat Hay Fever?

I'll copy paste what I wrote earlier on how I did it and my tips.

Here are tips for Lush (Hayfever) season:

-Get a gas mask: You only really need to put it on for a bit but only every time the screen starts turning green. (So no need for nettles)

- In the jungle a bunch of brambles will start growing really far, even into other biomes! By destroying one bramble a bunch of others break too so it wont be too hard to navigate with them. A bramble takes 2 hits by a spear to break and make sure to have armor for it.

-You will be getting SW like winds and it will push items on the ground, however this does have another use.

-The rainforest trees will now drop its seeds because of the wind and will look different. Instead of using these for wood (buy tree seeds from shops to make farms), put these in the jungle near Spider Monkey nests so the trees get cocooned and you can chop them for silk.

1 hour ago, zintii said:

I entered the ruin that leads to the 2nd island, but I got stuck in one of the rooms. I've restarted the game and the door does not open. Anyone know what to do?

Screenshot_1.png

I had this problem last night and discovered maybe one or two others reporting it. It's a bug. Someone told me I could get all the way out and restart it, but that didn't solve it for me and I had to start a new game. :/

Archived