The Hamlet Helping Post (BETA)

Hello! I made this post so you guys can try to help each other out!

As the beta is going, I'm also learning and at this point have learned many things so expect me to be active here!

UPDATE: Everything you see from this post was from the Beta of Hamlet and may be different in the future, so there may be a different post for the early access verison of Hamlet.

51 minutes ago, Modelador said:

Hey guys!!

Quick question... will Hamlet be bundled together with RoG/SW, or is it going to be a separate, standalone adventure?

Thanks in advance!

in store in steam yes , otherwise it will have wetness and some nautical things from Rog and SW

1 hour ago, Lysh said:

Quick help question: much like SW, poison is getting me early on in the game (don't eat tubers...or frog legs...). Has anyone found anything that's a quick antivenom? 

There is a shopkeeper that I've encountered, within a pig town, that will sell antivenom directly in exchange for a small sum of currency. I've purchased some and sure enough, once consumed, it eradicates the ill effects of the tuber.

You can sell just about anything to the pigs, so keep some extra grass, flowers, etc to exchange for cash!

Also, crickets are neutral until you get too close, so beware of that.

And gnats seem to be immune to machete chops, drain sanity, and do damage, so steer clear

46 minutes ago, e_black162_2 said:

You can sell just about anything to the pigs, so keep some extra grass, flowers, etc to exchange for cash!

Also, crickets are neutral until you get too close, so beware of that.

And gnats seem to be immune to machete chops, drain sanity, and do damage, so steer clear

Haven't tried myself, but does the anti-bug keep the gnats away?

Crickets work a bit like merms I think: if you get too close to their housing, they try to hit you. At least that was my (painful) experience lmao

1 hour ago, Frigfrid said:

Haven't tried myself, but does the anti-bug keep the gnats away?

Crickets work a bit like merms I think: if you get too close to their housing, they try to hit you. At least that was my (painful) experience lmao

I haven't tried the bug spray yet, but it sounds like the proper solution.

On 16/10/2018 at 3:53 AM, e_black162_2 said:

I haven't tried the bug spray yet, but it sounds like the proper solution.

So, update: bug spray works wonders. You know those goddamn gnats? just gas a bit of it in the air and take them straight to it. They die instantly.

I gotta say, though, that staying in the cloud of the spray has the same effect as walking on poisonous jungle turf. Fortunately it goes away after a while :^

Suggestions to new survivalists at Hamlet: keep those corks and make a candle. No, really, do it. It's reusable and you only need to fuel it with cork.

Bean bugs can be used to cook. Takes a while, but what comes out is FEIJOADA CARALH-

*ahem*

Feijoada. It's a new food and exactly what I was expecting when I threw 3 beans in the crockpot. Bless you, Klei, for adding a food from my country to this mod. Charlie freakin' bless you.

Haven't found a significant use to gummy snails yet. Maybe if I put 2 with butter or something...

I may or may not have been trying to Gorge my way around.

How does the ball pien hammer work? And is there any armour (except log suit)? What do you do with the pig skin?s bats drop? How do you get gold? How do you get meat reliably? Do the foxes respawn? And how I stop them taking stuff out of my chest?  

9 minutes ago, Prakhar said:

How does the ball pien hammer work? And is there any armour (except log suit)? What do you do with the pig skin?s bats drop? How do you get gold? How do you get meat reliably? Do the foxes respawn? And how I stop them taking stuff out of my chest?  

-The Ball Pien Hammer is used for chiseling things off of the ancient ruins/temple things which can get you gold or Idols.

-Yes there is.

-Pig skin? is basically just pig skin instead of needing to murder the townspeople.

-From the caves, chiseling, making it out of gold dust or buying it.

Things I can't really answer:

-Maybe?

-Don't base near em.

7 hours ago, Frigfrid said:

So, update: bug spray works wonders. You know those goddamn gnats? just gas a bit of it in the air and take them straight to it. They die instantly.

I gotta say, though, that staying in the cloud of the spray has the same effect as walking on poisonous jungle turf. Fortunately it goes away after a while :^

Suggestions to new survivalists at Hamlet: keep those corks and make a candle. No, really, do it. It's reusable and you only need to fuel it with cork.

Bean bugs can be used to cook. Takes a while, but what comes out is FEIJOADA CARALH-

*ahem*

Feijoada. It's a new food and exactly what I was expecting when I threw 3 beans in the crockpot. Bless you, Klei, for adding a food from my country to this mod. Charlie freakin' bless you.

Haven't found a significant use to gummy snails yet. Maybe if I put 2 with butter or something...

I may or may not have been trying to Gorge my way around.

I believe the gummy slugs can be used to make a "Gummy Cake." Its just a slugs and some honey. 

Also, someone's been putting together a list of the new crocpot recipes here.

I started playing a few hours ago the beta and used what I learned from watching a couple streamers that got it before me

A few things that I am still confused about:

- In the "flooded biome" (where you find hipopotamoose) there are lily pads, and you can pick special flowers from it
I don't remember if it was named lotus or not, but it is a flower that is picked whole, not as petals, and has a time until
rotting, much like glommer's flower after he dies, it can not be used in the crockpot, but it can be eater (I didn't try eating
it yet, but the prompt for eting it exists) can anyone tell what could this be used for?

- One should take care while harvesting corks, they do not drop seeds, you have to use 1 cork and one manure in the
science machine to craft a "claw palm tree sapling" which then takes more than 12 days to grow to it's full size, so
remember to keep a few extra corks and poops for such thing

- inside of the ruins there can be occasionally found a wishing well which you can give "something" a streamer tried giving
it oincs, but nothing happened, did anyone else find this, and if yes have you discovered what can be given to it?

- a strange prompt (not sure if intentional) for giving an item to the Mants can be seen if you hover an item over them,
has anyone else tried giving them items to see what reactions they can give, I gave a gummy slug to one and it attacked
me, keeping aggro for a while, yet strangely enough the item I gave him vanished as if he accepted.

Archived