Sign in to follow this  
Mencken

Tiger Shark Keeps Destroying My Harbor

Recommended Posts

Mencken    240

The island where it spawns is not that close but periodically I'm visited and I think the fish farms are the attraction.   After a long voyage I come back to the harbor in my base to find ballphins being massacred and harbor installations (sea walls, land walls, boats, etc.) being dive bombed into oblivion.   On land I was able to quickly deal with this boss but the constant destruction is tiresome.    Despite eight ballphin palaces I never seem to get more than 5-10 of them around, not sure why.

Ideas?   Mine:

1.  Periodically visit the den and kill the tiger shark.

2.  Put massive numbers of pig houses and/or spider dens on the kitten den island?

3.  Line the entire harbor entrance with tooth traps (haven't used cactus yet).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pe5e    3

I had a simular problem in my world when I didnt know much about Tigershark yet. Here is the thing. The tiger shark can only be spawned with 2 methods:

1. Attacking/Being near Sharkittens.

2. Spawning her through this:

Kjv2ECZ.png

The Tiger Shark that rekt your harbor was pretty likely spawned through this. And the thing is he spawns near you, NOT by the den with this method. So puting things on the den island will not solve the issue. But as you can see the percentance of spawning are very low, except for riding waves in monsoon season. Of course riding waves happens a lot and after even just 14 waves you have a higher then 50% chance to spawn her. 

To avoid Tiger Shark causing you problems, simply kill her regularly at the begining and in Moonsoon Season (she does have a 10 day respawn timer if you kill her, so killing her at the begining and ten days later is enough). The other spawn chances are so low that you really have to get unlucky to spawn her in a wrong moment.

Hope that helped.

Edited by pe5e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prakhar    137
On 10/14/2018 at 3:12 PM, pe5e said:

I had a simular problem in my world when I didnt know much about Tigershark yet. Here is the thing. The tiger shark can only be spawned with 2 methods:

1. Attacking/Being near Sharkittens.

2. Spawning her through this:

Kjv2ECZ.png

The Tiger Shark that rekt your harbor was pretty likely spawned through this. And the thing is he spawns near you, NOT by the den with this method. So puting things on the den island will not solve the issue. But as you can see the percentance of spawning are very low, except for riding waves in monsoon season. Of course riding waves happens a lot and after even just 14 waves you have a higher then 50% chance to spawn her. 

To avoid Tiger Shark causing you problems, simply kill her regularly at the begining and in Moonsoon Season (she does have a 10 day respawn timer if you kill her, so killing her at the begining and ten days later is enough). The other spawn chances are so low that you really have to get unlucky to spawn her in a wrong moment.

Hope that helped.

Probabilities don't add up like that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pe5e    3
7 minutes ago, Prakhar said:

Probabilities don't add up like that though.

I am pretty sure it is.

0.9514 = 0.49 => 49% chance to NOT spawn the tiger shark afer 14 waves, meaning you have a 51% chance to spawn him.

(95% to NOT spawn the tiger shark; 14 waves)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this