[Game Update] - 289453

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.db8af14afae9dbb6fd3de0a5d66e4aea.png

Rocket refuses to launch. Retracting gantry causes 'missing gantry' warning for some reason and does not fix flight path. There is also 'Unassigned' warning for some reason, but it does not seem to block the rocket (it was there before I pushed launch button).

P.S. Constant 'express themselves' task blocks dupes to the point where they starve.

Edited by AndreyKl

2 hours ago, AndreyKl said:

image.thumb.png.db8af14afae9dbb6fd3de0a5d66e4aea.png

Rocket refuses to launch. Retracting gantry causes 'missing gantry' warning for some reason and does not fix flight path. There is also 'Unassigned' warning for some reason, but it does not seem to block the rocket (it was there before I pushed launch button).

P.S. Constant 'express themselves' task blocks dupes to the point where they starve.

I left an extra space on both sides (9 wide) and it worked, had to destroy my whole setup tho xD

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tzionut said:

We have 2 planets now so 500 data banks = 50 research points...the rest 150 for the next engine is = 150 trips to the first 2 planets

That seems off. How much does a data bank weigh? (I'm unable to spawn one) The virtual planetarium requires "1000g per research point ". (The description would be more clear if it specified how much data banks we need per research point instead of the amount in g or kg.)

virtual-planetarium.jpg.e4b893d93827fbc81c74b9b8a6ebaec9.jpg 

And does the telescope generate data banks when mapping new destinations? The tooltip still says that it produces interstellar research.

And does the telescope generate data banks when mapping new destinations? The tooltip still says that it produces interstellar research.

10 data banks was 1 research point....i don't think this was modified...let me send another rocket and will get back whit the answer.

Post edit:

As i said 1 data bank = 1 kg so 50 research point = 50 data banks = 50 kg.. in my case 2 research module = 100 data banks

And 10 data banks = 1 interstellar research point.. at least in version 288566

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b3d588e631d7e6c092c22bbae0fdf9a6.png

image.thumb.png.391e46108a126e24a97468558f3390f6.png

Edited by tzionut

9 hours ago, PromLive said:

I left an extra space on both sides (9 wide) and it worked, had to destroy my whole setup tho xD

Thanks, will try. So gate above needs to be wider as well?

4 hours ago, tzionut said:

As i said 1 data bank = 1 kg so 50 research point = 50 data banks = 50 kg.. in my case 2 research module = 100 data banks

And 10 data banks = 1 interstellar research point.. at least in version 288566

So does "50 research points = 50 data banks" or "10 data banks = 1 interstellar research point"?

Edited by AndreyKl

In version 288566 which i playing from a planet you can get 5 x 50 research domain = 5 x 50 data banks = 5 x 5 interstellar research  points

In the version mariilyn is playing is see that 1 kg of  data banks = 1 research point so from one planet you receive 250 interstellar research points.

1 hour ago, tzionut said:

In version 288566 which i playing from a planet you can get 5 x 50 research domain = 5 x 50 data banks = 5 x 5 interstellar research  points

In the version mariilyn is playing is see that 1 kg of  data banks = 1 research point so from one planet you receive 250 interstellar research points.

So they changed in probability. This update, 289453, mentions "adjusted space research speed". Although that could really mean anything, it could be this is the change.

Unfortunaly I can't test it out myself to confirm. Maybe I will be later on today.

Btw, very important to note is that I did not get the second planet. Either it mean that part of the update bodged up, or you'd need to start a new game. Either way, you'll need to make careful choices.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

1 hour ago, tzionut said:

Instead of doing that try to restart the star map. (Destroy and rebuild the observatory)

The starmap stays active even with the observatory deconstructed.

EDIT: my apologies, it will deactivate it (I accidently left debug mode on). However, this does not reset the starmap.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

On 14.10.2018 at 2:45 AM, PromLive said:

Thanks, it worked.

But only command module had returned (and game crashed), other modules appeared but invisible after second try.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a17caed82de22bbbcd5978dacb117a83.png

Edited by AndreyKl

12 minutes ago, tzionut said:

try to reload....

Decided not to rick it and deconstructed then reconstructed all those modules without issues and reloading. And crashed again when I tried to add solid buster to new rocket...

This build is really crashy.

Edited by AndreyKl

22 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

Decided not to rick it and deconstructed then reconstructed all those modules without issues and reloading. And crashed again when I tried to add solid buster to new rocket...

This build is really crashy.

I haven't witnessed crashes, but I am yet to launch a rocket. So I believe the issues are revolving only around the rocketry stuff.

Production of 10 research points per module even from researched asteroids seems a bit unbalanced. There is little point to send rocket to 9+ trip if you can send rocket away for only 3 cycles and instead of additional fuel use more research modules. Depending on distance and time getting research from closest asteroid might be more beneficial then getting full 50 point from analysis (it may be far faster to gain same amount from closest one then to wait for long trip one).

May be research modules should generate 1 point databanks per cycle of trip not 10 points per trip? So 3 cycle trip will generate 3 point plus whatever you get from asteroid?

Edited by AndreyKl

On 13.10.2018 at 8:24 PM, Saturnus said:

The new art for liquid and gas storages are absolutely atrocious. Please change it back.

and automation please...

The whole "automation concept" in this game is getting weird without that 

Edited by kolyapedal
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kolyapedal said:

and automation please...

The whole "automation concept" in this game is getting weird without that 

Yeah seriously, adding some automation to the storages would be very helpful and greatly simplify the automation needed currently.  Set it up exactly like the smart batteries (and change smart storage compactors as well!), so it has a slider for upper and lower limits. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Yeah seriously, adding some automation to the storages would be very helpful and greatly simplify the automation needed currently.  Set it up exactly like the smart batteries (and change smart storage compactors as well!), so it has a slider for upper and lower limits. 

I've been asking for exactly that since the very day the smart storages was introduced but it seems Klei is generally playing the three monkeys in relation to its paying costumers.

Edited by Saturnus