[Game Update] - 289327

Ok, so now the only way to get research are rockets. But first asteroids provides only 250 research, next engine costs 400 research and we no longer can stuck steam boosters, how are we supposed to research that?

P.S. Crash when using refinery and 'codex' spam(((

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Steam and Hydrogen engines are no longer stackable

May be it was supposed to be petroleum, not steam?

P.S. stacking engines to get to destination faster would have been nice)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

Ok, so now the only way to get research are rockets. But first asteroids provides only 250 research, next engine costs 400 research and we no longer can stuck steam boosters, how are we supposed to research that?

P.S. Crash when using refinery and 'codex' spam(((

May be it was supposed to be petroleum, not steam?

P.S. stacking engines to get to destination faster would have been nice)

Yeah that's gonna be a bug report. @Ipsquiggle can we get a fix before the weekend break?

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

3 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

I feel....Half is still too much

image.png.68017b778e02de121d3084ec766306a7.png

nah man...i didnt know what to do with 112k tons of regolith, but 56k thats totally an usable amount (to be fair im not melting any regolith at all)
@Klei maybe half it another time and we should get to a manageable amount? 

Not sure if anybody noticed yet but in my base all window tiles kinda disappeared or atleast a part of it, anyone?

Edited by hpongledd

Whit this upgrade Interstellar research is broke until the next upgrade.... after the weekend.

I build and test the steam engine only. Also the stack able part. One simple engine will send you to the first planet, the second 18000km....you don't go for the second one, and whit the third, you can't lift the rocket from the ground... to much weight penalty

So whit the first steam rocket you can go only for the first planet and obtain 250 data disk that = 25 research point. You will need 375 points for the new engine...from where? now that observatory can't research any more :)  We will see next upgrade.

Possible solution:

1 nerf the weight penalty so the steam rocket go also to the 3-rd row of planets, but i think isn't enough

2 rethinking the data disk to research point ratio

3 increase the quantity of steam in the engine that it can go to the 3-rd row of planets

4 increase the data disk received when you finish 1 of 5 area of research on a planet

5 eliminate the limit of 5 research area on each planets

And there are many more.

Yes, they definitely changed the color of polluted oxygen and petroleum.  Petroleum is a bit more.. brighter/neon-ish.  Probably to make it easier to figure out the difference between it and polluted water.  Not.. sure if I like the color too much but, then again, it does sorta remind me of fluids I'd put in a car.  :D

petrocolor1.jpg.989f8fd6e2a872eb66ae321206b79569.jpg

PO2.thumb.jpg.97666f2f92ebba2c317d6f47c1263136.jpg

And polluted O2 is now a dirty green-ish/blue-ish.  There's a few tiles of O2 in there and they blend right in.  So, it's certainly more.. oxygen colored.  Instead of being a mustard colored cloud of smoke.  I think it might need to be a little more tweaked so that polluted oxygen/oxygen don't blend in together so easily but, in hindsight, it makes sense that they better match.

4 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Need force filed projectors that would just burn down any incoming meteors to dust, or any other device in similar fashion, that would actually make space biome usable without the constant need to clean solar panels rockets stations and so on.

Otherwise its just still the same old good sand sweeping simulator.

Also needs some gameplay, as currently there is nothing to do once you get to exosuits and wait for steel production to catch up.

Mid game is non existing and end game is not in there as well.

Uh, hello? Rockets? Super materials?

14 minutes ago, tzionut said:

Whit this upgrade Interstellar research is broke until the next upgrade.... after the weekend.

I build and test the steam engine only. Also the stack able part. One simple engine will send you to the first planet, the second 18000km....you don't go for the second one, and whit the third, you can't lift the rocket from the ground... to much weight penalty

So whit the first steam rocket you can go only for the first planet and obtain 250 data disk that = 25 research point. You will need 375 points for the new engine...from where? now that observatory can't research any more :)  We will see next upgrade.

Possible solution:

1 nerf the weight penalty so the steam rocket go also to the 3-rd row of planets, but i think isn't enough

2 rethinking the data disk to research point ratio

3 increase the quantity of steam in the engine that it can go to the 3-rd row of planets

4 increase the data disk received when you finish 1 of 5 area of research on a planet

5 eliminate the limit of 5 research area on each planets

And there are many more.

Another possible solution upon thinking about this:

Change the steam engine to accept coal instead (As the fuel, of course) and move up the liquid fuel tank to basic rocketry and let the liquid fuel tank accept water.  This would prevent steam from condensing in the steam engine while you're trying to fill it and stop it from dropping bottles.  This is also more realistic.  If we don't want it to burn coal, there's always straight crude oil that could be piped into it.

In either case, this would make the tier 1 rocket a bit more flexible as long as it's balanced right.

This would prevent steam from condensing in the steam engine while you're trying to fill it and stop it from dropping bottles

I didn't encounter this bug yet. I let the rocket engine in void, and i have steam inside the engine even at 96.7 degrees, without bottle dropped. Instead i find other bugs, nice one, not fixed yet

15 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Adjusted recipe for Superinsulator (abyssalite + isoresin + fibre)
  • Adjusted recipe for Supercoolant (gold + petroleum + fullerene)

Nice change, only need planets that have the materials in the first place. 

Changing the recipes while having none of the special ingredients available in the first place seems a bit redundant to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smithe37 said:

Now the game crashes every time they try lay an egg while burrowing.
Or at least thats the going theory at the moment.

Welp, it's a preview after all and luckily crashes tend to get fixed the fastest... though you can bet on that it will crash again if they someday try to lay a morph egg or it will simply fall out of the world if the origin tile is magma~

Now don't tell me there will be no more morphs, you making me sad!

On 13.10.2018 at 11:26 AM, SkunkMaster said:

Nice change, only need planets that have the materials in the first place. 

Changing the recipes while having none of the special ingredients available in the first place seems a bit redundant to me.

I just hope that it will be implemented in or before the live version, otherwise I'm even more baffled. Of course there is the sandbox mode, the preview is laggy anyway and it is not like they need to have a Beta but its about time, due to the fact that it might take a bit for those in the live version to get to the end-tier materials (Personally I am not sure if I want to start a new colony, no I do not want to but I feel I might need to, or should)