PS4 Dedicated Server

I've recently upgraded to a PS4 Pro. I've seen posts that the closest we can get to a dedicated server on console is to have an extra PS4 running a world. Well I'm about to do just that. 

What would be the optimal world settings for a server running on auto pilot? Does anyone have experience with doing something like this? I'd love to get some input on this. Thanks again everyone. 

I would say keep everything normal , I have no experience with dedicated servers but I have seen many klei servers on day 1000 and they seemed to do fine. Also normal so there are as many recourses as possible for everyone. Even might suggest making the world as big as possible(big worlds are always more fun at least to me) . I love your idea of your dedicated server , make sure to let me know the server name and I will drop by sometime.

well you can turn off smoldering and disease if you think that’s necessary ,but other than the world size I would keep everything the way it was.

Haha that's almost perfect. I turned off those two things but didn't make the world big. It seems like setting the world to Endless and then never choosing a character is the way to go. That way, the world only continues only when someone else has joined. 

I'm using the name PS4 MIDWEST 1 - Klei Unofficial. The player name running it is DeadicatedServer 

27 minutes ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Nice, i used to do this for Metal Gear Online on the PS3 since i had 3 PS3s. I would leave it running for weeks at a time.

Haha hell yeah. The plan right now is to use the world slots to have different worlds throughout the week. I'm thinking MTW, TF, Sat/Sun, and two PvP worlds. 

I'm thinking of running it mostly in the afternoon and evenings. On the weekends pretty much all day. 

Sounds interesting i'll try to be sure to stop in from time to time.

I always planned on letting it run nonstop but i'd encounter either Internet issues, bugs or just the occasional instance where the players wouldn't let me in. If i wanted to play i had to allow the players to vote to let me out of spectator mode, and if they wouldn't let me in i'd shut the server down and restart it. It was nice to because players could rate your server and i had a 4 out of 5 rating, which was really good on that game as most servers struggled to get to 3, it also showed that i wasn't a power hungry tyrant lol. I was weirdly proud of contributing to the game in that fashion.

Archived