Steam

Version Number

Not/A

Issue title

Graphics/Texture Error

Steps to reproduce

Launch the game.

Describe your issue

I've actually never been able to play Don't Starve because of this crash. When I launch the game, the window appears, black. Then an error message appears after the music plays for about a second, with the message "Graphics Error. Error processing render buffer command InitializeTexture." When I look at the log file, it says, towards the bottom,

LOADING LUA SUCCESS

Reset() returning
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on wall--atlas-0.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
Error processing render buffer command InitializeTexture
ORPHANED UNKNOWN RESOURCES:
data/images/square.tex - 2
HttpClient::ClientThread::Main() complete
Shutting down

I would greatly appreciate some help with this problem. All drivers are up to date.

The failman    10

Sure thing:

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)Manufacturer: DellSystem Model: Dell DM051BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8 GHz (2CPUs)Memory: 3710 MB RAMDirectX Version: DirectX 9.0cGraphics Card: ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series Memory for Card: 128 MB

Maybe the problem is the graphics card? I haven't had similar problems with any other game, though.

Wade    321

Yes, unfortunately your video card does not meet the minimum requirements. The game requires at least 256 MB of video memory.Sorry!