Slvrsrfr    72
6 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Meteors do less ground damage overall, preventing premature surface destruction

beautiful. ty

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kabrute    1,070
10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ore is now merged into the world if it's buried under the same element, i.e. regolith ore getting buried in a regolith tile is absorbed into the tile

we tried this before, anything higher than 3 tiles results in a maximum of 2 tiles worth of material in the final dig out because of 50% dig returns

• Thanks 2

Saturnus    3,322

Still no way to make super-coolant in-game as mercury (a part of the recipe for it) doesn't exist on any planets.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 2

malloc    105
10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ore is now merged into the world if it's buried under the same element, i.e. regolith ore getting buried in a regolith tile is absorbed into the tile

So we should dig regolith stacks from the bottom tile only to get rid of as much as possible but sand should be micro'd top-down to avoid losses?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

rafker    45
  • Fix pathfinding underwater when passing a suit checkpoint
  • High-end materials can now be used as Raw Metal as well as Refined Metal

YAS!

SamLogan    786
23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Meteors do less ground damage overall, preventing premature surface destruction

That's great but still need a fix for the meteor shower occurs before we discover the surface.

Thanks for you work. :)

• Like 3

rafker    45
11 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

FINALLY! We can now make liquid pumps out of steel! Thank you Klei!

No, can not(

rafker    45
2 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

I've checked, yes, you can. ;)

Does that apply only to steel? I don't have it yet, but ordinary refined metals are not listed as ingredients

P.S. checked myself, u can't. But u can use new materials such as nobium for example

Edited by rafker

1 minute ago, rafker said:

Does that apply only to steel? I don't have it yet, but ordinary refined metals are not listed as ingredients

No, it also applies to 2 other metals, which give even higher overheat bonusses. Ordinary refind metals are not usable, but steel, thermite and one other is usable.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

2 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Looks like now we can set up aquatuner in a steam turbine chamber to delete infinite heat.

You can now achieve overheat temperatures of 1025°C for the aqua tuner, so yes you can probably all use it now in tandem. The trade off is that it is very, very late game.

• Like 1

SakuraKoi    571
1 minute ago, SamLogan said:

That's great but still need a fix for the meteor shower occurs before we discover the surface.

Thanks for you work. :)

I'd say that rather than that which does only make sense and only maybe in terms of gameplay, they should instead not be so mean to start it regardless of actual season when one breaches the surface. Needless to say, many would surely appreciate a difficulty setting which modifies the current Armageddon.

A 4 cycles break every 14 cycles and 1/2 to 2 cycles breaks during 10 cycles of one meteor per second (and a quarter second) is seriously imbalanced, even if a Solar Panel can otherwise generate ~240kw/s... I actually don't want a safe space (the iron sure is precious) but the current one is terrifying while the solution is kinda lame

In any event, this "hotfix" sure is awesome~ What overheat temperatures do refined steel pumps have? I'd really like to know so I am seriously tempted to look at the preview (and this time I won't forget a certain thing)

1 minute ago, SakuraKoi said:

I'd say that rather than that which does only make sense and only maybe in terms of gameplay, they should instead not be so mean to start it regardless of actual season when one breaches the surface. Needless to say, many would surely appreciate a difficulty setting which modifies the current Armageddon.

A 4 cycles break every 14 cycles and 1/2 to 2 cycles breaks during 10 cycles of one meteor per second (and a quarter second) is seriously imbalanced, even if a Solar Panel can otherwise generate ~240kw/s... I actually don't want a safe space (the iron sure is precious) but the current one is terrifying while the solution is kinda lame

In any event, this "hotfix" sure is awesome~ What overheat temperatures do refined steel pumps have? I'd really like to know so I am seriously tempted to look at the preview (and this time I won't forget a certain thing)

Steel pumps are now 275°C. Thermite will give you 975°C. You are not going to be able to pump up magma, but everything else is a breeze.

Saturnus    3,322
19 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Looks like now we can set up aquatuner in a steam turbine chamber to delete infinite heat.

Overheat summary

+900: Thermite,

+500: Niobium,

+200: Abyssalite, Ceramic, Steel, Diamond,

+50: Copper, Gold, Iron, Tungsten, Gold Amalgam,

+15: Granite, Igneous Rock, Obsidian,

-10: polluted dirty, dirty

Now if only mercury existed in the game so we could actually make super coolant to take advantage of that.

Also, can you now build stuff from abyssalite again? Otherwise it's fairly redundant to include on a list of building material overheat temperature bonuses.

Edited by Saturnus

Grimgaw    523

Do temp sensors still cap at 300C? 

1 minute ago, Xyangy87 said:

What does this exactly mean?

Auqatuner breaks.

• Thanks 1

shanemadden    26
23 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Overheat summary

+900: Thermite,

+500: Niobium,

+200: Abyssalite, Ceramic, Steel, Diamond,

+50: Copper, Gold, Iron, Tungsten, Gold Amalgam,

+15: Granite, Igneous Rock, Obsidian,

-10: polluted dirty, dirty

Wow, that's pretty game-changing, feels like a solid progression of being able to build crazier stuff with new tiers of materials.  And takes away most of the need for door pumps.

7 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Also, can you now build stuff from abyssalite again

no overheateable building can be made by abyssalite

1 minute ago, shanemadden said:

takes away most of the need for door pumps.

Don't forget Door pump is power-free. Door pump is still necessary for steam turbine. Or we have to build 20 gas pumps to keep pressure.

MRE_    9

Is anyone else crashing constantly when selecting a new type of building to build? At least in sandbox mode?