Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 288927

Recommended Posts

SakuraKoi    571
1 minute ago, InternetGuy said:

What's this argument about?

Sophistry, and bad one at that. Not gonna retort more though even though here one could actually correct it into proper one which does not miss the entire point. It'd still be pretty pointless since one would only need to clarify/clearly state that it is not just +900°C (to 1025°C) which is new but also +200°C (Steel, enough for the purpose) and +500°C as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InternetGuy    50
8 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Sophistry, and bad one at that. Not gonna retort more though even though here one could actually correct it into proper one which does not miss the entire point. It'd still be pretty pointless since one would only need to clarify/clearly state that it is not just +900°C (to 1025°C) which is new but also +200°C (Steel, enough for the purpose) and +500°C as well.

I see. It was unclear. In theory, a steam power plant can be ran on steel alone. I'm just super excited they made this change. Now I can repair the microbe musher after Meep pees on it again without going to outer space to fetch ores in the far far future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InternetGuy said:

I see. It was unclear. In theory, a steam power plant can be ran on steel alone. I'm just super excited they made this change. Now I can repair the microbe musher after Meep pees on it again without going to outer space to fetch ores in the far far future.

Thanks for the clarification. I was only trying to comment on the balance part; I had nothing to say about the usage of doors (but I do appreciate the sentiment).

So yes, you can just use steel for the steam power plant. I think that'll more than do the job. If you are going to involve elements like oil cooking, that's when you'll probably need the very high end materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SharraShimada    530

Thats what i call a broken update. (best regards to Microsoft btw).

The new integration-routine for falling materials causes massive problems with buildings. Regolith falls through files (falls not impacts with meteors), and Vulcans can expand the igneous rock tiles through tiles above them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taltral    4
17 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ore is now merged into the world if it's buried under the same element, i.e. regolith ore getting buried in a regolith tile is absorbed into the tile

17 hours ago, Kabrute said:

we tried this before, anything higher than 3 tiles results in a maximum of 2 tiles worth of material in the final dig out because of 50% dig returns

 

Just tested it with 5 stacked tiles of sand (each 1840kg, so 9200kg in total or 4600kg after digging), by digging out the lowest tile, waiting for the absorb then repeated until all 5 tiles where digged out. I ended up with only 920kg of sand. That's 45% mass loss, even more if more tiles used...

Maybe Klei could double the absorbed materials mass? That could help to prevent material loss.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickerooni    79
5 hours ago, AndreyKl said:

 

I agree that at least early game one is needed. Also midgame solution along the lines of space-radiators will be good to. But steam turbine is supposed to be a power source not insanely effective cooling device.

If steam turbines deleted less heat, then you would just make more of them to delete more heat. And get more power. If they delete any heat, it has to be lots. Or none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturnus    3,322
33 minutes ago, Taltral said:

Maybe Klei could double the absorbed materials mass? That could help to prevent material loss.

Or only have it apply to regolith which I think was the point of change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nitroturtle    612

I'm still hoping they announce that they inadvertently added an extra zero somewhere in the regolith production numbers, similar to how the Shove Vole was pooping 500% rather than 50%.  I can't imagine they meant for us to need hundreds of storage compactors and cycles to deal with regolith.  Having tiles with 10-20 stacks of 20-25 tons of regolith seems quite ridiculous.  Would be nice to see some comment from Klei regarding the intent with the current amount of regolith.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndreyKl    84
2 hours ago, Nickerooni said:

If steam turbines deleted less heat, then you would just make more of them to delete more heat. And get more power. If they delete any heat, it has to be lots. Or none.

There are always options, like compensation: add a coolant input+output to turbine so no real heat deletion happens (obviously users will attach sieves or something like that to output, but at least it will be lesser evil and turbine will be more of a generator then cooler). Or reducing work speed and output, but that's half measure..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caochu    599
On 11/10/2018 at 7:25 AM, The Flying Fox said:

Right on!  It was mostly just a test to see if it worked.  I never actually said it was practical, just that it was FUN! :D  Of course, I wouldn't really care all that much about a 50% loss of the clay.  There's so much of the stuff on the map and you can manufacture it from regolith and deodorizers basically forever.

 

On the other hand, now that I know that clay can, in fact, just be baked into ceramic, I can envision making a machine with a proper thermal exchanger to mass produce ceramic using the heat from a volcano.  It would be similar in vein to a regolith melter.  The only issue is that the process produces solid tiles after the conversion.  But, we do now have the robo-miner so converted ceramic can be auto-dug and picked up by a sweeper.  The heat exchanger won't work as nicely due to the 50% mass loss though.  But, at least, some kind of machine can be built to make ceramic without the kiln.  The kiln will certainly be more space efficient though.

Well, I was asking because you seem to me a specialist of the game, and I thought that maybe you found a certain mass that you could mine without halving the product ;) Just curious so :D

I am actually in a 2000 cycle game, in which I got all my ceramic from clay tempshifplate builded near gold, copper volcano and volcano itself. That worked well, but now I don't have any more clay, while I'm craving for more ceramics so I wouldn't recommand you doing the same. (I dug the clay from the whole map, and never ever gave any to the hatches.) I tried also at the beginning to throw some clay into the magma, but the heat transfer was so slow (a few degrees per cycle) that I didn't appreciate enough the method.

I now personnaly just aim for vacuum automated Kiln and Autosweeper ;) Anyway, I hope you'll succeed where I failed, would be nice to discover new things.

Edited by Caochu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Q_    634
17 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

I'm still hoping they announce that they inadvertently added an extra zero somewhere in the regolith production numbers, similar to how the Shove Vole was pooping 500% rather than 50%.  I can't imagine they meant for us to need hundreds of storage compactors and cycles to deal with regolith.  Having tiles with 10-20 stacks of 20-25 tons of regolith seems quite ridiculous.  Would be nice to see some comment from Klei regarding the intent with the current amount of regolith.

Its not a typo of any sort its ultimate end game stuff.

End game consists of you sweeping million tons of regolith, cause there is really no other content that could cover it up, not to mention proper end game stuff.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angpaur    230
14 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I think its about time to roast this "game" quite hard, maybe will find some time to write something later on.

First find someone willing to read it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasza22    2,142
On 11.10.2018 at 5:28 PM, RonEmpire said:

im worried that this change will also create a nerfing problem for sand when you are starting out. 

You mean deleting too much sand? i never had a problem with lacking sand. And rock crusher can always be used... well, to crush rocks. You always have surplus igneous rock and the crusher is low tier. I can`t see anybody running out of sand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bizzum22    112
10 minutes ago, InternetGuy said:

What is that?

it changed in the new update that came out its a blue print for rockets now

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,587
11 minutes ago, Bizzum22 said:

it changed in the new update that came out its a blue print for rockets now

I suppose if you look at it like this:

xE1rdzR.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slvrsrfr    72
On 10/11/2018 at 1:44 AM, SakuraKoi said:

Well, let's just do a little math then~ 

also more cool stuff

 

 

I really love it when you(anyone) do this. Thanks!

Edited by Slvrsrfr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now