[Request]Allow users to choose if they want touch OR controller input, via menu option.

Hello Klei,

Would it be possible to allow users choose on their own if they want to play via touchscreen or controller, instead of/in addition to stupid autodetecting Horrors?

Long story:
On some of my devices and controllers combinations, controllers (non-oficially supported) that were working fine before, stopped being detected by game all-together, after the update that aimed to lock-out Android 9 users of controller-only mode.

IMO, requesting per-case fixes is indefinitelly stupid and probably futile, too - while, simplest way would be to allow user toggle a flip in menu to select controller mode, like all sane programs do. Bonus: apart from getting immediate sanity boost, it would allow users to use multitude of devices (including hardware keyboards) that are currently unsupported, just by - trivially - mapping their input to expected controller output events.

As it stands *now*, I can have full xbox controller output events mapped, bu bashing them does nothing, as long as game doesn't decide I am worthy of enabling controller mode (with exactly *same* device - like, keyboard with correct output events mapped - working fine if I connect supported gamepad as placeholder, just to make game GTFO and enable controller input. As silly, as it sounds...)

Cheers,

Archived