Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

babba

Thank you for this game, Klei

babba    563

If I had played this game in my teenage years, I would have had far more interest in chemistry and materials. You got me to look up materials on Wiki, getting a deeper understanding of material interaction. Sometimes I have to think back to Lemmings playing ONI, another game which was truly unique at its time.

Thank you Klei for creating this unique game.

I got to phone Intel now to ask them to manufacture a 10 GHz Single Core CPU with 100 MB 3rd level cache for me, to have double the frame rate playing the game.

crypticorb    574

I have to admit, I didn't know crap about thermal conductivity/capacity of gasses before ONI. Even if they aren't perfectly accurate in-game, I've learned more about density of different types of crude oil and petroleum products from reading external sources than I would have otherwise.

Mark Watney would be proud.

kolyapedal    159

Because the game teaches you in a interesting way. At school you can't get such an interesting reward for your learning. It doesn't motivate you that much. That's what the dopamine is all about.

Cause of the game I had to learn English to get to read this forum. Because I wanted to build a good HYDROGENE BUBBLER. Do you know what I mean?

babba    563

Yes, yes. I need that Hydrogen Bubbler for my 10 GHz dream cpu :)

A game community is a good one when its members admit that they have learned something, like we have.

JukedByLife    25
8 hours ago, crypticorb said:

I have to admit, I didn't know crap about thermal conductivity/capacity of gasses before ONI. Even if they aren't perfectly accurate in-game, I've learned more about density of different types of crude oil and petroleum products from reading external sources than I would have otherwise.

Mark Watney would be proud.

This is true for me as well. Not only did ONI teach me some things but I find myself wanting to discover more about said things.

babba    563

Oh wow ! So touching, I need to fetch a whisky. Very nice to hear such lines :D We should all rule the world, it would be a better place. I guess we wouldnt even use the word "Rule", ruling is the root of all evil.

Enjoy ONI together :)

Im still proud that...

TG pro    225
On 10/8/2018 at 5:10 AM, Arash70 said:

One day dupes will have dreams, one day dupes will have secrets.

One day dupes will make that 10Ghz cpu for you.

And one day dupes will dab

Hopefully