Weird Headcannons

* Winona sometimes stands under the spotlight, talking to Charlie as she glances about the nearby darkness. 
* Wolfgang sometimes hugs the spotlight, calling it his mighty nighty companion. 
* Wilson admires Winona's ingenuity in her inventions. They really buffed his opinion of her. 
* Maxwell has taken to place forests in range of catapults for when he's on chopping duty in the dusk. 
* Webber enjoys kiting the pigs near the catapults. He made a game of it with Wendy to see how many they could fell. 
* Wigfrid wants a large catapult so she can be thrown up to attack the giants in the face. Winona said no. 
* Willow wants a fire catapult for very obvious reasons. Everybody else said NO. 
* Whatever red gems aren't used for life amulets are usually placed in the Gemerators. 
* Willow has tried sneaking red gems away to make fire staffs for a while, but their newest use as fuel has made it almost impossible. 
* Wortox is proficient in juggling. It helps him calm down when he feels clustered and stressed. 
* Webber wants a spider-themed spotlight for Hallowed Nights and red & green ones for Winter's Feast. Winona still hasn't figured out how to change her designs to do that. She's hoping Charlie comes through with reskin magic. 

On the topic of shaving Beefalos:

• Wigfrid is the only character brave enough to shave Beefaloes in heat.
  • Webber is first to volunteer to shave Beefalo in summer because he doesn't want them to overheat. Conversely, he will beg the other survivors not to shave them in winter.
  • Wilson tries his best to keep his razor, Webber's, and the Beefaloes' separate. It doesn't really work.
  • The survivors need a constant supply of Beefalo wool to replace all the carpets Willow burns.
  • The wool is also really comfy. Rumor among the survivors is that Ms. Wickerbottom once managed to overcome her insomnia for a five minute nap because of how nice it feels.

I have something I guess:

Woodie was a lumberjack in the real world, had a fiancé/wife which was obviously Lucy. She died from one way or another, and Woodie went into grave mourning. Maxwell gave him the promise to bring Lucy back to life, at a cost. Woodie hastily agreed, bada bing bada boom, the two were thrown into the Constant, and Maxwell cursed Woodie with being a werebeaver (as a joke) and turned his partner into an axe (also as a joke).

Just a small thing, doesn't really bring anything new to the table but it fills some gaps in lore.

• Wigfrid is such a remarkable actress that by behaving like a strong, fearless and careless Viking, she really displays great skills in fights, and has learned to make props armory with such quality that they actually work like real items. But she also weeps and complains like a spoiled actress when nobody is nearby, regretting all the unnecessarily violent things she did during the day. She's sure all of this is just a masterpiece play and its all worth her effort though.
  • Nobody understands nor expects anything from Wes, but he always ends up saving everyone in the most silly and unexpected ways, usually by a mix of courage, stupidity, and luck. He really doesn't know what he's doing most of the time either, but he's well intended.
  • Wilson thinks he's the leader of the group, but nobody really follows his leadership. Wickerbottom is the real low key leader, although she doesn't want to be.
  • Maxwell is constantly questioning Wilson, they just argue for every tiny little thing. They treat eachother like enemies but in practice they collaborate and accomplish awesome feats together all the time.
  • Willow just loves to make fun of Wilson. She's also happy all the time regardless of the situation.
  • Wolfgang is the good hearted giant that behaves cowardly 95% of the time, except when he is needed the most, and stops paying attention to what he's doing.
  • Everyone got so used to WX's threats, that every time he starts making destruction speeches nobody cares. He's overall a good hard working member of the team since everyone ignores his awful comments. 
  • Every time the team starts a quest, Woodie usually dissapears in the wild distracted by birds, or Lucy. Nobody bothers to try to keep him anymore. He always reapppears a few days later, in the most bizarre situations. Usually naked and covered in twigs and mud. But he always brings really useful information of coming events or things he saw, when problems arise.

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:
  • Every time the team starts a quest, Woodie usually dissapears in the wild distracted by birds, or Lucy. Nobody bothers to try to keep him anymore. He always reapppears a few days later, in the most bizarre situations. Usually naked and covered in twigs and mud. But he always brings really useful information of coming events or things he saw, when problems arise.

I have several questions.

Green caps are fun, huh?

Wes knows this is just a game but doesn't speak because he doesn't want to hurt others by that...

Wortox likes Wes and his soul because nobody would hear his screams of death if Wortox did eat his soul, but something still prevents Wortox from doing that.

Okay so you know how one of the most useful things that you can do as Webber is to incite a massive spider civil war and collect all of their meat, silk, and organs as they kill each other? And you do you realize how this is also at the same time probably the single most uncharacteristic thing that our sweet, spider loving monster child could do? Well I came up with the idea that Webber doesn't actually realize that he's tricking the spiders into killing one another. Rather, he merely thinks that they're just playing a game. Just a big, roughhouse allowed, game of tag. And to thank him for organizing such a fun game for them, the spiders are just leaving him gifts of of meat, silk, and.. spider.. organs... Oh, and the other survivors do realize what's really happening, but they keep quiet because they know that if they told him, it would break his poor little heart. Wendy is especially serious about keeping it a secret and becomes absolutely terrifying if any of them so much as thinks about revealing the truth in any way shape or form.

Is it a sound head cannon, not really no.

Does it help relieve my personal guilt of precious cinnamon roll Webber manipulating some of the only things that he can call and consider dear friends in this horrible wilderness to slaughter each other en masse purely for the benefit of him and a small group of people who mostly do hate them?

A little bit yeah..

Now if anyone can propose a better, more innocent theory explaining spiders wars, please do so and help me sleep at night. So far though all I've seen in this thread is that they're purely accidental which certainly isn't the worst suggestion, but poor Webber would be still probably be horrified and stricken with guilt and I ain't having none of that.

Woodie and Willow are the outcasts of the group, but for completely different reasons. They do not get along.

WX78's operating system is something similar to Win98

Much to the surprise of the other survivors, Willow had the most normal childhood and upbringing.

On 23. 3. 2019 at 3:13 AM, ShadowDuelist said:
  •  

*CONCERN*

Spider wars are caused by the spider half of Webber to help his friends survive, our sweet and innocent spider loving child has no idea where all that monster meat is coming from and he has done NOTHING wrong.

On 31/3/2019 at 7:36 AM, Stonetribe said:

Okay so you know how one of the most useful things that you can do as Webber is to incite a massive spider civil war and collect all of their meat, silk, and organs as they kill each other? And you do you realize how this is also at the same time probably the single most uncharacteristic thing that our sweet, spider loving monster child could do? Well I came up with the idea that Webber doesn't actually realize that he's tricking the spiders into killing one another. Rather, he merely thinks that they're just playing a game. Just a big, roughhouse allowed, game of tag. And to thank him for organizing such a fun game for them, the spiders are just leaving him gifts of of meat, silk, and.. spider.. organs... Oh, and the other survivors do realize what's really happening, but they keep quiet because they know that if they told him, it would break his poor little heart. Wendy is especially serious about keeping it a secret and becomes absolutely terrifying if any of them so much as thinks about revealing the truth in any way shape or form.

Is it a sound head cannon, not really no.

Does it help relieve my personal guilt of precious cinnamon roll Webber manipulating some of the only things that he can call and consider dear friends in this horrible wilderness to slaughter each other en masse purely for the benefit of him and a small group of people who mostly do hate them?

A little bit yeah..

Now if anyone can propose a better, more innocent theory explaining spiders wars, please do so and help me sleep at night. So far though all I've seen in this thread is that they're purely accidental which certainly isn't the worst suggestion, but poor Webber would be still probably be horrified and stricken with guilt and I ain't having none of that.

It is one of the most beautiful, brilliant and grotesque anecdotes I've read so far. From now on I will consider it canonical :'D

As if by some strange trick of fate, Warbucks has traveled to the same island as the survivors many a time, but never encounters the group. Occasionally someone swears that they saw a small gray haired carrot man running by or heard gunshots off in the distance, and Wilson can't help but make sketches of his long-lost granduncle while trying to draw up new scientific designs now and then.

Willow sneaks underground just to hug the Bunnymen when she thinks noone is paying attention.
WX tried emulating her once just to see what the point was, but the automaton felt nothing besides sparks spewing out of some forgotten, long-broken mechanism.

Wigfrid actually tried riding the catapult, though it failed to do anything under her weight. She made 'improvements', and the overturned device swung her full-force, slamming face first into a newly formed crater 2 feet away.
The survivors are down a Life Giving Amulet, and they've agreed to leave the machinery to the mechanic.

Wendy has experienced as many failed lives as most of the other survivors. The occasional identity crisis resulting from her amount of time experienced conflicting with her actual age and the way that the rest of the survivors see her really don't help ease the depression. She's tried discussing this with Webber, who should reasonably be in the same boat, but he's too much of a genuine cinnamon roll to understand; or care, as far as his own circumstances go.

Every 20 days, Willow, Wigfrid, Wolfgang, and WX-78 go to the desert to kill the Dragonfly. Wigfrid goes because she "must prove her valör". Wolfgang because he enjoys the fight. Willow because she likes to see all the fire and play with the lava. And WX because it's one of the few ways he can unleash his sadistic tendencies without the other survivors saying anything.

Spoiler

The survivors trained WX by saying "No! Bad Robot!" and throwing a water balloon at it whenever it did something harmful.

Spoiler

I am loathe to use "it" for WX but "they/them" didn't look right.

"Elizabeth, are really you?" Warbucks muttered incredulously, looking through the veil.
It was like a white cloth that swayed under a stone arch, through which he saw the face of a ieratic woman.
"Reach me Warbucks... reach me..." he seemed to murmur. Then she disappeared.
The colonialist opened his eyelids, scratching an ear: he must have had hallucinations, there was no other explanation.
He looked around: just rubble. He was in a ruined temple, what else could he expect?
He looked back at the veil: for a while he waited for something else to happen, but the woman did not return.
"It's been a long time... I should go on..." the man murmured.
But then he gave he a start: he beat his chest and said proudly: "Very strange things are found in the world! My beloved, I come!" He exclaimed.
And, rifle in hand, he passed the veil.
"I say! It will be a day to remember, this!"

"In the end we are all moths, the Constant was the fake saving light that attracted us, and infinitely burned"
 -Wendy Carter, inexplicable couplet

5ca30c8268e02_Emilydapiccola.thumb.jpg.38bb1438822e1c358bcc28f16a240a87.jpg

"A torch has been lit. A bright star is born"

Cit. Darkest Dungeon

12 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

[robosnip]

I feel your pain. I agonize over each time I reach a pronoun in a sentence discussing WX. Gotten to the point where I just change up the sentences to avoid it altogether :?

1 hour ago, lifetheuniverse said:

I feel your pain. I agonize over each time I reach a pronoun in a sentence discussing WX. Gotten to the point where I just change up the sentences to avoid it altogether :?

14 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Hide contents

The survivors trained WX by saying "No! Bad Robot!" and throwing a water balloon at it whenever it did something harmful.

Hide contents

I am loathe to use "it" for WX but "they/them" didn't look right.

If it helps, while the other characters refer to WX as gender-neutral, He seems to identify as male. He says "BROTHER, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU? If you examine the nightmare thrown while another WX is sitting on it, he refers to himself as "King" when examining the shark tooth crown, and There Guest of honor skin depicts him wearing a mustache; a trait which is generally considered masculin, and considering he can't grow hair, e would have had to place teh mustache there himself

I like to think Wilba's uncle is Pugna from the Forge, The 2 once visited each other and bonded like no other uncle and neice, letting Wilba go on his back and playing around or letting Wilba on a pit pig and playing around with weapons.

Once, Webber, Willow, and Wendy played a game where they tried to decorate the Bearger in as many flowers as possible.

It was very fortunate that the other survivors were on hand to administer emergency medical supplies and lure the Bearger away.

None of the survivors ever speak of it.

22 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Once, Webber, Willow, and Wendy played a game where they tried to decorate the Bearger in as many flowers as possible.

It was very fortunate that the other survivors were on hand to administer emergency medical supplies and lure the Bearger away.

None of the survivors ever speak of it.

Willow: Hey, you know that big giant dangerous bear that can kill us in like 2 hits?

Webber: Yeh

Willow: Lets try to put flowers on it lol

Webber: seems like a good idea to me

Archived