Weird Headcannons

The shakespearian parts of the Hamlet were made during a Wendy reign.

Wendy resented being sent to the Gorge, because she didn’t get to take Abigail with her.

Webber tries to teach the other spiders what they’ve learned

Webber’s spider and human halves disagree on some issues. Webber’s human half forgives Wendy and Abigail for the damage they do to spider colonies, but the spider half never will. Webber’s spider half is female (can produce eggs) and wants to put on human female dresses, but the Webber’s human half doesn’t would be embarrassed. Webber’s spider half wants the other survivors to refer to them in the plural, but the human half knows they’ll find it weird, so is afraid to ask. The human half wants to escape the constant, but the spider would rather die.

Webber tried practicing chess with the spider playing against the human, but it doesn’t work because they can hear each others thoughts.

After Abigail died and Wendy disappeared, Jack Cartier’s life fell apart, and his wife died. The stress is so much loss triggered a case of psychogenic amnesia. (Trauma induced memory loss) He took on a persona named Woodie and enters the Constant. Wendy doesn’t recognize him through his beard, but Maxwell figured it out from Lucy’s name. Charlie knows, too, of course...

Oh, just thought of something. What if BM Pugna sent a battalion into the ancient gateway once before, but they ended up in the Gorge like the survivors did? Imagine a squad of pit pigs trying to make a cheesecakes... they'd fail! The merms in the overworld are the descendants of that ancient battalion.

* Webber nicknamed his spooky sapling "Wroot". 
* Willow snickers at the sound a living log makes as it burns. Therefore the survivors tend to jump to conclusions when they hear her snickering. 
* Maxwell swears there was once a miniature purple beefalo stalking him for a week, the others make cuckoo motions whenever this is brought up. 
* All of the survivors respect Wickerbottom's authority. Maxwell and Wilson are both a tad salty at this. 
* Wendy set up a pig village by the graveyard setpiece. She tries to always be there to watch the ghost vs werepig carnage. 
* Abigail would be exceedingly powerful during an eclipse. 
* All of the survivors have tried to resurrect Abigail one way or another. Webber still keeps trying. 
* Charlie took away the Old Bell after one too many giant massacres and incidental survivor deaths. 
* Glommer, like Chester and Hutch, holds no grudge for being killed repeatedly. 
* Maxwell struggles with an eating disorder. Though he tries to blame it on the throne he had this problem well before then. 
* WX78 has very loud "secret" conversations with Hal about things he dislikes in regards to the other survivors. 
* Wilson once tried to build a genderbender machine, but was convinced continuing to try this would be extremely adverse to his health. Mainly by Maxwell and several armed shadow puppets.
* As a result, Wilson suspects there is a gender-bending power already in the Codex Umbra. Maxwell's silence on the matter only encourages this theory. 
* Wes destroyed every boss singlehandedly with only an amassment of bug nets just to prove he could. Wolfgang and Wigfrid had never been so proud of him. 
* Webber has a high tolerance for spicy food. 
* Bernie has occasionally set things on fire. He knows this makes Willow happy and safe, which is all Bernie wants. 

7 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

Wilson once tried to build a genderbender machine, but was convinced continuing to try this would be extremely adverse to his health. Mainly by Maxwell and several armed shadow puppets.
* As a result, Wilson suspects there is a gender-bending power already in the Codex Umbra. Maxwell's silence on the matter only encourages this theory. 

I can’t help but imagine all the fun you could have with this...

Use it on Chester, see what happens

Make it dark and pull the lever at *just* the right time to see if you can hit Charlie.

Use it on a spider/bee queen to stop them summoning minions

Use the scary science thing on Wolfgang

WAIT, WAIT, is it portable? Bring it into the forge! Use it on Pugna! YES!

I wonder if I would stop Webber from crafting eggs?

3 minutes ago, The 2C3D said:

I can’t help but imagine all the fun you could have with this...

Use it on Chester, see what happens

Make it dark and pull the lever at *just* the right time to see if you can hit Charlie.

Use it on a spider/bee queen to stop them summoning minions

Use the scary science thing on Wolfgang

WAIT, WAIT, is it portable? Bring it into the forge! Use it on Pugna! YES!

I wonder if I would stop Webber from crafting eggs?

"Wolfgang is STRONG woman" Wolfgang insists, showing her bulging arm and thigh muscles. "But wishes to be back to strong man soon. Very soon." 

Yes. Or, alternatively, incidentally create tons of bee and spider queens. Honey and silk would never be issues again. 

The idea of genderbending those in the Forge frightens me. And yet the urge persists . . . 
And what of the Gorge residents, hmm? 

Nah, that's a mystically ingrained power, like Willow's fire and Wes' ballonomancy. Or, I headcanon such, at least.

* Maxwell has once defeated a treeguard with nothing more than two axes and WX by his side. Nobody other than WX belives this story

* Maxwell doesn't ever regret his statues being mined. But what he does regret, is how the Starvers sometime use the marble

* Both WX-78 and Maxwell see gears as remains of friends or family

* WX sometimes asks Wendy to hold funerals for the clockworks. Maxwell always attends these funerals

* Wigfrid doesn't eat butter, electric milk, waffles, or ice cream because they're not meat. She's just lactose intolerant

* Maxwell would've spent hundreds of dollars dry cleaning his shirts if there was a dry cleaner around. Like he said, "Damp is not dapper"

1 hour ago, The 2C3D said:

The Hamlet royal staff with its big purple gem on top is a powerful magical artifact that helped to bring down the ancient pig civilization.

The Hamlet royal staff is an unique Telelocator Staff which was needed to move the Pig King out of the area to get some space for a nice Village.

The Hamlet, while still part of the Constant is also farthest from the influence of the Throne and/or them. Maxwell couldn't get his reach to change anything and Charlie was only able to change minor details. 

Maxwell has a secret pen of pet rabbits. 

20 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

The Hamlet, while still part of the Constant is also farthest from the influence of the Throne and/or them. Maxwell couldn't get his reach to change anything and Charlie was only able to change minor details. 

Maxwell has a secret pen of pet rabbits. 

uhm... Ancient Herald....

-As a winters feast gift for Wendy and Webber, Winona and Woodie worked together to make them a pretty sturdy sled that lasted a long time. Webber spent the most time on it.
-Wes used to be a professional actor in musical theatre, but he ended up getting laryngitis, so he ultimately switched careers to put less strain on his voice.
-Wolfgang c an cook an absolutely    killer  lasagna.
-Wickerbottom has owned many cats in her lifetime, and she is very worried about the ones she currently owns.
-Wes has a secret talent for taming animals in a matter of hours. He'd try this on the larger beasts, but he's too  afraid to.
-All the survivors would die for Webber. Even Maxwell has a soft spot for him sometimes, but mostly out of pity for him.
-Winona and Woodie are sure they knew each other in some way outside of the constant, but they still can't figure out  if they ever truly did.
-Wigfrid is  so dedicated to her role, that she's never messed up any lines when she would perform. Not even once.
-Wilson has never heard Lucy speak before, so he plays along to be sure   he doesn't hurt Woodie on a psychological level, even though Lucy can speak, and  everyone else can hear her. 

I'm sure I have more, they just aren't coming to mind right now     oof. Also, I don't have the sharpest grip  on all the lore just yet, so some of these hcs could be debunkabkle or impossible. 

Archived