Weird Headcannons

Abigail remembers who’s tried to use a tell-tale heart on her. I’m also convinced Webber must’ve tried it because he’s naively optimistic.

Webber is older than he acts, but because he’s been alone for so long, he hasn’t really grown up. (This might actually be true idk)

TBH, I have all kinds of Abigail-related headcanons leftover from the terrible days before I learned how to kite

If Wendy stopped mourning and moved on, Abigail’s ghost would fade away, thus she feels like if she moves on, she’ll be responsible for Abigail finally dying for real. I know I would in that situation...

Abigail may not actually want to be summoned (This one came from her nigh-suicidal AI)

1 hour ago, The 2C3D said:

If Wendy stopped mourning and moved on, Abigail’s ghost would fade away, thus she feels like if she moves on, she’ll be responsible for Abigail finally dying for real. I know I would in that situation...

I think this is actually canon

* Wilson was born with stubble. 
* Wickerbottom tried using dark magic to augment her spells, with horrible results, hence her aversion to the Codex Umbra. 
* The survivors have had lengthy discussions on the merit of using the word "cannibalism" with their consumption of the pigmen, monkeys, bunnymen, spiders, and clockwork monsters. 
* Wilbur enjoys doing acrobatics to entertain Webber and Wendy. 
* Wickerbottom's creation of Sleepy-Time Stories was meant to cure her insomnia. It didn't. 
* Webber etches drawings on the cave walls of his favorite moments and stories. 
* The vargling critters keep trying to lick and cuddle Abigail no matter how many times they pass through her. 
* WX78, over time, picked up a habit of doing things others would appreciate and enjoy. He insists it is simply for mutual convenience. 
* Wickerbottom used her horticultural magic to grow excess crops to donate to the local cupboards and shelters. 
* Maxwell informed the survivors of the Bat-Bat & Chester strategy several failed survivors had once employed, which Maxwell himself found highly distasteful. As he expected, none of them would do such to quite literally save their lives.
* Maxwell is the only one among them to have crafted a Bat-Bat, though he has not done so since its introduction. 
* When a Bat-Bat is found among a setpiece or chest it is foisted on Webber to be employed against bunnymen and pigmen until its ruined. 
* Wilson tried to ferment alcohol from various ingredients several times. It always ended in spoiled goop. 
* Webber has intense interest in dinosaurs and fossils. 
* Wes and Webber both enjoy spending time together with the peaceful Verdant Stalker. They both wish he could stay. 
* WX78 has intricate plans laid out for the possibility of turning the other survivors into robots. 
* Wickerbottom attempted to cure Charlie of the shadow magic when she found out the Darkness was once a person. Maxwell and Charlie both hold a measure of respect and fondness due to this. 
* Wilson has deep connection to the powers of Them, which is why They urged Maxwell to specifically entrap him. 
* Wes is double-jointed and once used this while street performing to replicate being a twisted reanimated corpse. He still smirks at the memory of the looks on those unfortunate onlookers' faces. 
* Glommer and Glomglom have their own GlomVision - which is like PyroVision but even more fantastically warped. Their gloop could be used to initiate GlomVision, if utilized correctly. 

* Wickerbottom owned a home in Maine and had several Maine Coons over the course of her life. 
* Had Wilson not been freed of the throne, They would have worked on him until he brought Maxwell back, just to spite his last attempt at freedom and in spite of Wilson wanting to leave him at peace. Not that They cannot revive Maxwell on their own, They just prefer corrupting their king piece to commit the actions they desire. 
* The Nightmare Throne corrupts people differently based on their personality and energies, usually inflating negative traits or twisting positive ones. 
* Wilson loved astronomy from a young age but slowly drifted from it. Currently he misses the lost opportunity of stargazing he had abandoned. 
* Willow never really cared about space until Wilson told her stars were made of fire. Now she really wants to see it and resents that nobody had ever told her when she had the chance to look at them.
* WX78 plans to put his overlord fortress on the Moon. 
* Wes remembers each time he died, every failed survivor, and each reset for the living survivors as They made him watch. 
* There is something out there that terrifies Them, which is why they were so keen on encouraging growth and life in the various levels of their realm. They hope there is a monster or piece capable of stopping it. 
* Wilson had rather sizable collections of taxonomy specimens, skeletons, and bugs. 
* The Nightmare Throne grows a form of obsessive attachment to those that have been in physical contact with it. 
* Webber wanted to make a Hallowed Nights tree with spooky decorations, but opted instead for web-covered mushtrees in his cave area. 
* Wolfgang has a form of dyslexia.  
* Willow has juvenile and criminal records in quite a few counties. 
* Winona was fondly nicknamed {Winona The Winner, Steeltoes} by several crews she worked with. They investigated her mysterious disappearance but found nothing. Her funeral had a surprising number of people attending. 
* Abigail was a very energetic and strong willed child, rarely still or quiet. 
* All of the survivors became a tad touch-starved during their stints alone, and have fears that they'll be alone again or perhaps that they were always alone and everyone else was a mirage. It quickly became commonplace for them to sleep closely, hold hands, and just do any physical means of interacting. 
* Every single Don't Starve character would punch a nazi. Every. Single. One. 

* Wes has the biggest, roundest puppy-eyes for begging and bargaining. Even Maxwell has a hard time fighting it. 
* Wigfrid has teetered close to a complete identity crisis several times, but slips back to her warrior persona quickly enough to avoid it. 
* Maxwell was suspicious of the other survivors seeming to forgive or at least accept him quicker than anticipated. He spent a entire week tightly wound and expecting something heinous. Only to break down to peals of laughter when Webber gave him a top hat. 
* Charlie likes picking outfits for the survivors to wear on occasion. She has a fondness for putting Maxwell and Wilson in skirts. 
* Wilson feels no shame in wearing skirts or dresses, as there is no science dictating what people must wear. 
* Maxwell knows what a gnome is but never corrects Wilson's assumption of religious purpose because he finds it so funny.
* There is a capybara that shows up on the Constant realms, looking around and being seen before disappearing. The survivors have yet to uncover its origin or intent.
* Willow samples ashes when she thinks nobody is looking.
* WX78 set up a playdate between Hal and Bernie. 
* Webber constantly checks to see if there is ever a tiny Spider Princess instead of a Queen. 
* Maxwell has never attempted suicide. Not because he has never struggled with a desire to die, but because he knows it wouldn't stick. 
* Wendy refuses to self-harm or commit suicide because she feels it would be a dishonor on Abigail. 
* Wes goes the extra mile to help the others due to desperately wanting to not be a burden. 
* Wes made it to the Nightmare Throne but refused to free Maxwell and take his place - due to his fear of the throne - which is why he was trapped in the puzzle. He felt cowardly after hearing that Wilson did so. 

On 10/13/2018 at 8:52 AM, TurtleKitty said:

* Maxwell informed the survivors of the Bat-Bat & Chester strategy several failed survivors had once employed, which Maxwell himself found highly distasteful. As he expected, none of them would do such to quite literally save their lives.

I think this head canon is flawed, and I shall point out how!

Maxwell did use this strategy on multiple ocasions, but stopped once the other survivors started mocking him for being a 'Vampire'.

1 minute ago, Fill-Lips said:

I think this head canon is flawed, and I shall point out how!

Maxwell did use this strategy on multiple ocasions, but stopped once the other survivors started mocking him for being a 'Vampire'.

And what source says this? Is it in the quotes? 

1 minute ago, Fill-Lips said:

Oh, no, but this is personal head canons, and I'm just using evidence to point out it could be this way too.

Then you should post your headcanons, not personally attack mine that you disagree with. 
At no point in your first post did you so much as allude that you were posting a headcanon. You wrote it as if you had canonical evidence that was contrary to my headcanon. He has stated he was accused of being a vampire, in his quotes he mentions that he enjoys the feeling of being healed by the Bat-Bat, and none of his quotes show particular affection for Chester nor disdain for the Bat-Bat. These are points you could have made that are based on evidence. Your own headcanon and the stake quote was all you supplied, and only the latter was evidence of any kind. But only towards Maxwell being accused of vampirism - not of him not using the Bat-Bat on Chester to heal. 
Is my headcanon truly seen as such a threat to your own that you must attempt to supersede it and "prove" that it isn't right? That you must aggressively attack anything contrary to your own opinion? 
Why not just post your own headcanons like others on the forum? There are several headcanons in this topic I dislike and hold opposite views of, but at no point did I burst in to say they were wrong based on my own character preferences. I respect the headcanons you hold, please offer the same courtesy to me - whether you agree or not. 

*Woodie's mother had schizophrenia and there are some dark, solemn moments where he questions if he inherited it and if Lucy is just a figment of his imagination and that the other survivors are just playing along.

*Wilson, is always willing to light something on fire for some purpose in a controlled, safe, well, safeish, environment with Willow, despite her history.

*Regardless of his cockiness and bitterness, Willow sees that Wilson cares about everything a lot more than he makes it seem.

*Once everyone is asleep, Max and Wilson discuss Them and Charlie... It took what seemed like years of prodding but Max opened up on his history. The two still get in altercations over stupid things but the two share a mutual respect and Max, surprisingly, considers Wilson to be his closest ally in the Constant.

*Wolfgang has come around to Webber after Webber intervened when a Spider Warrior was about lunge. The once Monster-Child has become the fuzzy fanged protector of the strongman. 

*Wilson "borrows" Wicker's books out of curiosity and boredom. Despite the enjoyment he got from some of them, he regrets reading a couple.

*Around the campfire, Wilson opens up about some events that no other survivor had been through. The time he was stranded in a strange Pig City and the time he was Shipwrecked. Max is surprised at this but swears that it sounds a bit familiar to him. He just can't place his finger on it.

*Wes is an excellent artist and Webber, Wendy, and Willow all ask him to teach them. He's usually very willing and makes the lessons as fun as possible.

*He'd never admit it to another soul, but Wilson was nursed from the cold embrace of death by Willow. He has no clue how she did it but she did. She brings it up jovially and he denies it. But when they're alone, he thanks her immensely. This further proves WIllows point on the scientist.

*Wilson's early life wasn't pleasant. He was the middle child of a wealthy Boston banker and a first wave Russian immigrant. His father, the banker, always coddled his younger sister and lauded his older brother, but never gave Wilson the attention he so desperately desired. He was picked on in school and had trouble making any types of relationships. He became very reclusive but then found his passion for science after reading a book by Tesla. He researched everything and did his best to get into a good school but despite his passion, he wasn't a good scientist. His father was reluctant to pay for college but after an altercation between Wilson and his older brother, which led to him skipping town and getting mugged, his father refused to pay for a "failure of a son". Wilson, seething, stole a couple hundred dollars and made his way towards New England. Alone.

Ooh, I've got a few weird headcannons and crackpot theories too.

- WX-78 was the result of Wagstaff trying to cheat death with a robotic body. That experiment only half-worked.

- Once, long ago, I headcannoned that Willow was Wilson's younger sister. To account for the age difference, they had about six other siblings (having large families was common back in the day). Wilfreda and William Higgsbury named their children (from oldest to youngest) William II, Wilson, Wilhelm, Wilda, Wilbur, Wilton, Willard, and Willow. 

- If Willow was related to Wilson (she's probably not), she ended up in the Constant by using the portal found in Wilson's cabin while trying to figure out where he vanished to. If we continue along with this blatantly false headcannon, we could conclude that Wilson and Willow were never very close, due to their age difference, but maybe they had some respect for one another as they are both black sheeps in their family. 

- Wilson's wanted to pursue science, but his parents gave him only two choices: become a lawyer or a doctor. He chose the medical field, but ultimately either dropped out or was kicked out once it was discovered that he was messing around with blood magic.

- Wilson actually invented the Meat Effigy. He desperately WANTED it to be accepted by the scientific community, but they never let him demonstrate its abilities and brushed him off as an odd, desperate rookie. "There's no way your beard hair has special scientific properties."

- Here's an idea that's a bit of a more of a stretch-- Woodie is a WWI veteran. When he returned home after the unimaginably traumatising experience, he came back to an empty home. His wife left him for another man. That with the horror of losing all of his friends to violent death made him try to smother his mental anguish with work-- primarily logging, of course. As time went on and as he continued to deny his trauma, he ended up attaching the name of his wife to his trusty axe who never let him. Things escalated from there. Maybe at one point he gets bitten by a radioactive beaver, or else cursed by some forest spirit for cutting down way too many trees in too short a time.

- Willow is extremely effective at living on the run. Since she's, you know, a criminal. It's served her pretty well so far.

- Abigail died from the Sleepy Sickness.

- Wilson will occasionally whistle the Ragtime tune while working just to torment Maxwell. As revenge, Maxwell will use his Codex to give Wilson some pretty awful nightmares.

- Maxwell, very briefly, had massive appreciation for Wilson's generous act of getting him off the Throne. That quickly turned to bitterness when he learned just how much life in the Constant sucked.

20 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Abigail died from the Sleepy Sickness.

Okay, I officially regret clicking that link... Anything that messes with your brain is terrifying...

I've got an hour to kill, so here goes:

-When survivors die, they're sent to another random world, at a random point in time. If two people play the same character on the same server, two points in the characters timeline have collided in the same world.

-Woodie has died or almost died in the real world. Edit: See "Moon Rock Idol"

-Webber stopped socially developing when he entered the constant, so he's far older than he acts. I mean, he grows a beard!

-Webber can make spider eggs, so he must've been eaten by a female spider. This means the spider can talk through Webber's mouth, because she would have to be the one saying "I'm not a good reader, but he is!" (This quote is a pet peeve of mine because it always seems to contradict something, no matter how you interpret it... Perhaps Webber is only a good reader compared to a spider?)

-The fuel manifests itself differently for different people. If false, Webber and Willow's fuel quotes contradict each other. (It's cold and hot?)

-Sleepytime Stories is made with the fuel and says different things to different people. Wilson says it's 500 pages of telegraph codes but Wicker says it has tales to send you off to dreamland. Unless Wicker writes soothing tales in telegraph codes?

-Abigail was the polar opposite of Wendy. (All we know about her is that she was "sweet" and that's the opposite of Wendy...)

-Wendy is the only one who can tell Wolfgang what to do.

-Wes and Abigail understand each other, as they're both mute.

-Webber has heard from spiders in Don't Starve Alone worlds previously inhabited by Wendy of a terrifying phantom that terrorized his friends, slaying them en masse. He doesn't know who it is.

-If Webber starts spider wars, it's an accident.

-Wigfrid could remember who she was if she tried. She doesn't want to...

-Low sanity always made Willow cold, but the fires she set mitigated it. 

-There is a way to resurrect Abigail and only she knows what it is. She can't tell anyone because she can't talk.

-Wilson wasn't the only survivor to beat Adventure mode, he was just the latest one.

-The other survivors started to get to know each other by the worlds they inherited when freed from the throne.

-Wes doesn't remember (or never knew) that it was Maxwell who imprisoned him.

-Willow prefers life in the constant to reality, but pretends she doesn't. If she admitted she did, people might ask why...

-People who overuse the fuel become the shadow puppets Maxwell summons. The reason Maxwell's sanity is reduced by their summoning is that he remembers who they once were...

-Woodie once found Webber's Skull, but didn't bury it. Lucy never let him live it down. Wigfrid was the one to eventually bury it.

-Once, after Abigail killed a Tallbird, Wendy tried to raise the Smallbird, but it died...

-Winona can't actually dodge a hit from Charlie. Charlie misses on purpose once before the Shadow personality takes over.

Side note: I love this thread

* Wickerbottom is an expert of tea for every taste and occasion. 
* Wolfgang once accidentally punched Maxwell hard enough to kill him while farming butterflies. Maxwell still uses the incident and Wolfgang's guilt about it for his benefit. 
* Webber stopped feeling as guilty for killing bunnies after encountering the bunnymen in the caves. 
* Wilson and Wes teach the kids art. 
* Had Wendy been the dead one, Abigail would have become a more violent and destructive survivor than she is. 
* Wendy uses Webber's steady spider supply as convenient sacrifices to raise Abigail. He never disagrees. 
* Maxwell invested greatly to conversing with Wilson via the radio, and was the sole reason Wilson remembered to eat properly. His words to Wilson upon entering the constant were the exact ones he used to remind him not to starve in his home. 
* Wilson loves food and eating but often forgets to do so, among other needs, when focused on science. 
* Had Maxwell not turned to ash after removal from the Nightmare Throne he would have been stuck there, manipulated by Them to help in corrupting Wilson. In essence, he would become The Bishop. 
* Wigfrid accepts vegetables as accents and filler, considering them like larger bits of seasoning for her meat. 
* Webber tried to reason and barter with the Bee Queen, to no avail. 
* Maxwell deeply desires destroying his memories and persona and returning to William Carter, but then he would be extremely vulnerable to dangers of the Constant, worst of all Them. 
* Wigfrid has amazing vocal range in high and low tones. 
* Webber talks about his day to the Odd Radio on the off chance someone somewhere will hear him. 
* Maxwell is used to accusations of being the devil or a vampire, even of being called a shadow illusion. But he was not prepared for Wilson to declare him a shapeshifted alien. To the point he could not form proper retort for several minutes. 
* Willow tried to convince the survivors that Winona and Wilson had to be separated twins. Mainly because of when Woodie believed she was Wilson's sister. 
* One of the failed survivors lured to the constant had been an investigator. When inquired what became of Charlie, Maxwell stated he had murdered her. 

* Sometimes splintered timelines intersect inside the Constant, leading to multiple of the same survivor from varied circumstances meeting up on the same world. Obviously, shenanigans ensue. 
* Webber and Wendy have tea parties in the ruins. 
* Maxwell eventually taught Webber how to play chess. 
* Woodie is terrified of Wendy while in werebeaver mode due to the supernatural energies around her. 
* If someone takes coffee from Warly he will beat them within an inch of death without hesitation. 
* WX78 can dream, and indeed once dreamed of an electrical ewelet. 
* Wilson prefers to raise rider beefalo. 
* There have been debates over who looks best as a ghost. No consensus or majority is ever reached. 
* Wickerbottom does character voicing when reading stories. 
* Wilson's home became somewhat of a tourist attraction due to rumors of it being haunted. 
* Maxwell had several pet bunnies over the course of his childhood. 
* Wendy and Abigail were both talented at playing piano. 
* Wolfgang's snores are surprisingly not that loud. 
* Winona had been the mechanic keeping the library Wickerbottom worked at functioning. The librarians there tended to leave her baked goods as thanks for her continuous work. 
* Maxwell doesn't show it but he has a good opinion of those capable of menial labor. 
* Webber has written several letters to Klaus and the Krampii. Mostly about them being huge jerks. 
* Wes is the one to find the mandrakes most of the time. He finds them very endearing. 
* Webber engages in staring contests with Glommer. 
* Wilson has more or less theorized on every survivor being an alien at some point. 

Archived