Space Industry Testing Branch now open! - 288237

35 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

From what I've seen, when the biomes get breached these comets do a fairly good amount of damage killing puffs, and dreckos.

Pufts and dreckos die from the temperature not the hits. Someone tested and a direct hit by a meteor does very little damage to a dupe. The small one did 3 hp the iron one something like 8 hp and the big one did no damage as the generated regolith tiles pushed him away. Most critters have 25 hp so they should survive quite a few hits.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Parusoid said:

recharging pods? DOes it mean we can use vacilators multiplate times by charging them?

That would seem to be the implication.  Whether it's fully implemented yet in the preview build or not is up for debate, though.  It seems like the Data Disks for research from Rockets are also not yet implemented.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:59 AM, KiPhemyst said:

Obsidian Insulated tile has conductivity of 0.02 while Ceramic Insulated 0.006 - quite a difference

Two layers of insulated obsidian(or igneous where that's appropriate) performs about as well as one layer of plain abyssalite.

Or, an insulated pipe inside an insulated tile. Et cetera.

Since I already spent some time experimenting with ways to use less abyssalite, it's not quite so hard to just not have it anymore.

Isoresin being prime ingredient for all advanced materials doesn't look like good solution - this means that all materials became available 'instantly' and not gradually. I think making ingredients located on different distances would have provided more gradual experience and thus more satisfaction to player - you get new options separately so you have higher chance to play with them one by one.

57 minutes ago, LaShomb said:

The lack of abyssalite has lead me to use vacuum for insulation a lot more or build around the natural abyssalite tiles.

+1. But it is bulky. Also multilayered ceramic tiles might work as well for some mild temperature differences like cool steam gayser or nat gas one.

Edited by AndreyKl
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 12:43 PM, RonEmpire said:

I think the whole  thing about digging and only getting 50% back is kind of silly  as far as balance goes.

What is the logic behind that?    Since everything on the map starts off as "tile"  and you have to dig them.  If they wanted us to have 50% less on digging them, then they should just  change the mechanics to be - you get 100% back and change the amount that is on the tile itself.

Mass shouldn't just disappear from digging.  This can solve a lot of the problems of the whole critter pooping to reform tiles- making it easier to understand.    There shouldn't be a mass loss.

But this is how Klei works. 

Give us a proper airlock. Voila visco-gel.

Can you turn down asteroids so we get less regolith? No, but we made a critter that eats it and creates five times as much.

Boiling crude to Natgas is OP. How about lower the rewards? How about we have it turn into a new useless gas?