Space Industry Testing Branch now open! - 288237

Reordered elements in the build menu.

Building hit point bars are visible again.
Building status items are now centered.

Building mass is now the sum of all construction materials types, not just the first.

Comets no longer destroy bunker tiles.

Discovering new items automatically adds them to tree filterable lists.

LowTemp/HighTemp ore transition states can be specified on all element states. What does this mean?

Discovering new items automatically adds them to tree filterable lists.

^All very interesting

also as a sidenote, glad to see the content. I really hope ui gets some love. There have been numerous good solid suggestions from the community, I do hope Klei will consider some of them. The save menu looks spectacular, but still lacks some minor, yet vital, info.

Edited by Slvrsrfr

21 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

You've said this before. Why do you keep coming back? Just wash your hands of this and leave. Every time I see that you've posted I know beforehand its gonna be ****ting on the game. 

I guess I could do something more productive, then again I don't care enough to do so.

I like the concept of this game, like with many other games those days, it all ends there, since execution is another thing and its usually bad, like in this case.

I should just finish Octopath Traveler instead of checking here, as I know nothing will change.

• Like 1

@_Q_ I'm curious, what are you actually looking for? Do you want higher difficulty settings? It's very easy to complain about things, that's classic armchair activist.

IMO this game is a very nicely executed conception of "everything has externalities". Every single part impacts everything else. There are always new improvements, but unlike factorio it's far more multidimensional. And the updates over time have added vast amounts of gameplay.

If you had a magic wand and instantly modify the game to make it a better game, what would you change?
Personally I'd like disease to be a bit more fleshed out, make map gen less a crapshoot (I think a lot of people look up seeds before investing a lot of time in a map), and I'd love a couple more dimensions on the pressure/damage/explosions.

• Like 1

I think if somebody has feedback about the 'general' state of the game, they should create a thread about it in the Suggestions/Feedback.

But, it would be more helpful and constructive for people to read postings that are actually related to the Preview Space Content.       Please stop feeding the trolls or those who aren't providing useful constructive information related to the topic at hand.  Thanks. 

• Like 4

So, we now have Flubber for making air-locks.  Neat!  The database even seems to point to the idea of this being it's use.  And the Super Coolant is definitely super.  With those stats, that'll allow the Aqua-Tuner to cool down just about everything under the sun and move over 1,000,000 Joules/DTUs through it per 10KG packet.  Wow!

ViscoGelSuperCoolant.thumb.jpg.f34e97d3ac20d22bad373bb57a75d4da.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Seriously I'm done with this game, as it seems they are incapable of producing something that would last longer than few hours, and would have decent difficulty level to keep me playing.

Then maybe be done and just leave? You obviously are not contributing anything positive...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Lali-Lop said:

@_Q_ I'm sorry the game feels too simple for you.  I know I would like if it were more complex, but I still think it is a very fun game the way it is.

unless you're just trying to make those of us who enjoy it feel bad. :wilsondisapproving:

I love this game, and I don’t feel bad. I have thousands of hours in the game and still find it challenging. Games like these are difficult to get the right balance between easy to pick up and complex enough to keep players engaged long term, and Klei has done a fantastic job doing this!

The game is so versatile, it satisfies so many play styles (big build, automation build, efficiency build, space cow build). It is also has tons of depth; I mean have you looked at the research tree recently? Or realize there’s several different ways to turn one material into another?

Love the game Klei!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, neoazureus said:

Super coolant SHC = 8.440 it's a lot compared to water (4.005 IIRC). Now is very effective use this super coolant as liquid radiator. But is a late game material. 

Yeah, definitely late-game.  I'm sure it's intended for use in making industrial amounts of liquid oxygen and hydrogen to power the later stage rockets.

And apparently the 100KG stacking of Visco-Gel is apparently quite intended.  It makes it quite easy to make an air-lock by simply trying to build plastic tile from the stuff.  It turns to liquid at -30C so it just instantly melts into a tower.

ViscoGelAirLock1.jpg.8df5950036a029138f03b41d75519aca.jpgViscoGelAirLock2.thumb.jpg.cf560ad189832e13d16b1423edf1c304.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, The Flying Fox said:

Yeah, definitely late-game.  I'm sure it's intended for use in making industrial amounts of liquid oxygen and hydrogen to power the later stage rockets.

And apparently the 100KG stacking of Visco-Gel is apparently quite intended.  It makes it quite easy to make an air-lock by simply trying to build plastic tile from the stuff.  It turns to liquid at -30C so it just instantly melts into a tower.

When you refine the visco-gel, do you get a solid debris or a liquid bottle ?. If we get a solid debris we need to refine this material in frozen areas

Edited by neoazureus

10 minutes ago, neoazureus said:

When you refine the visco-gel, do you get a solid debris or a liquid bottle ?. If we get a solid debris we need to refine this material in frozen areas

It comes out as a bottle.  There's no pipe inputs or outputs on the molecular forge.  Just power and automation inputs.  It also lets light pass through it.  Apparently, whatever change they did recently to the properties of light passing though materials is more mass based now.  Apparently, 100KGs of Gel and Water pass the same amount of light as window tile of the same mass, but reducing the mass of water/Gel lets more light through and at the same amount.

ViscoGelLight.jpg.0ff84766e6f3a776cf49cadaec94bb69.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Flying Fox said:

It comes out as a bottle.  There's no pipe inputs or outputs on the molecular forge.  Just power and automation inputs.  It also lets light pass through it.  Apparently, whatever change they did recently to the properties of light passing though materials is more mass based now.  Apparently, 100KGs of Gel and Water pass the same amount of light as window tile of the same mass, but reducing the mass of water/Gel lets more light through and at the same amount.

ViscoGelLight.jpg.0ff84766e6f3a776cf49cadaec94bb69.jpg

And we need to freeze the liquid visco gel for build a plastic tile, Isn't better use a empty bottle for build a liquid airlock with the visco gel ?

5 hours ago, The Flying Fox said:

So, we now have Flubber for making air-locks.  Neat!  The database even seems to point to the idea of this being it's use.  And the Super Coolant is definitely super.  With those stats, that'll allow the Aqua-Tuner to cool down just about everything under the sun and move over 1,000,000 Joules/DTUs through it per 10KG packet.  Wow!

ViscoGelSuperCoolant.thumb.jpg.f34e97d3ac20d22bad373bb57a75d4da.jpg

Mhhh cant wait to play again, super coolant & lots of advanced space tech stuff, mhh yumyyyyyy ! :D

25 minutes ago, neoazureus said:

And we need to freeze the liquid visco gel for build a plastic tile, Isn't better use a empty bottle for build a liquid airlock with the visco gel ?

You're right, it won't let you try to build anything with liquid Visco-Gel.  So, you either have to create it with a bottle emptier like these air-locks have been made before.  Or, you have a central place where you dump all your liquid Visco-Gel to freeze it, making sure that it doesn't produce solid tiles in the process so you can more readily build them using plastic tiles that eventually melt.

Hmmmm.... I guess it would depend on how many of these air-locks I'd bother to make.

So...  when finished it sounds like there will be Shove Voles at the Surface on world gen.  But in the unfinished state, is there another way to get them?  Can they be brought back on Rockets from other planetoids?

I don't want to continue putting hours into the nice map seed I've found if it's all going to be lost in 2 weeks...

5 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Then maybe be done and just leave? You obviously are not contributing anything positive...

Adding new materials, not equals adding new mechanics. Obviously, Kley goes on to the simple way - adding more materials which not change gameplay just a little. I solidity with _Q_ in his opinion - latest 2 update is boring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

So...  when finished it sounds like there will be Shove Voles at the Surface on world gen.  But in the unfinished state, is there another way to get them?  Can they be brought back on Rockets from other planetoids?

I don't want to continue putting hours into the nice map seed I've found if it's all going to be lost in 2 weeks...

Sandbox mode