Space Industry Testing Branch now open! - 288237

Just now, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

I always supported Klei for using the logging tools. They need that data.

But... It's not playable this way. I think Klei will get little data if people refrain from running the update. Aside a very quick run with debug tools, I will not do a lot of testing myself. I simply cannot because the extremely low fps makes me unable to test out the features in any reasonable way. I'm sorry to the developers for saying that, but I think they consider either doing something to boost FPS while running the logging tools, or disabling the logging tools. But the current situations makes me, and probably the vast majority, unable to test out this preview branch in proper.

I'm already reverting to the main branch.  This is off the charts with the new logging tool download.  In case anyone on steam didn't notice, the update brings you two tools, the actual update and a logging update.

Has the hydrofan been changed?  Haven't used it for so long yet I noticed it cools down fast when used.

Is the molecular Generator working, can't seem to do anything with it.

At least they moved the Liquid/Gas reservoir back from end game tech.

48 minutes ago, KiPhemyst said:

Poops out 500% of it too :D

Edit: they might have added one too many zeroes...

Well, they are incredible dirt and iron ore generator this way. Sure, if Klei could keep that rate for dirt and iron ore, but lowered the one for regolith, the Shove Vole would maybe become pretty much some must-have. Also, for the moment, they can't reproduce, maybe is it some con that will stay that way to balance their pro, forcing you regularly to go into space to get some. Actually I don't really know where this is going : who needs more regolith ? Isn't it simpler to directly go for some dirt or ore asteroid seed onto the starmap ?

They are cute tho.

Edited by Caochu

1 hour ago, tzionut said:

Rocket research modules have a chance to return with a Neural Vacillator Recharge. - for upgrading your duplicants...Fixed a crash in comets. --- for all the unluky guys

Can now prioritize creature lures. -- at least now i can send the slime whit the sweep arm...

Deconstruct drops all the materials used in construction, rather than just the first. --- see the steam generator deconstruct that erase the plastic, or hy pressure vents...

Stored Duplicates display their proper name and preserve their schedule. ---no more dupe forgot all their stats...

The AC cools things to 1K. -- muhahaha this is interesting

Ignore him. He hates everything about the game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Caochu said:

Well, they are incredible dirt and iron ore generator this way. Sure, if Klei could keep that rate for dirt and iron ore, but lowered the one for regolith, the Shove Vole would maybe become pretty much some must-have. Also, for the moment, they can't reproduce, maybe is it some con that will stay that way to balance their pro, forcing you regularly to go into space to get some. Actually I don't really know where this is going : who needs more regolith ? Isn't it simplier to directly go for some dirt or ore asteroid seed onto the starmap ?

They are cute tho.

It probably can't reproduce because the baby and egg assets aren't ready yet.

1 hour ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

I do hate none of these materials can be applied on more simple machinery like pumps. Because you know, that's the only thing those materials would now be handy for. I get you want to move super insulating stuff to extremely high tech. But why aren't we getting this for a liquid pump to pump up magma, or why aren't we getting this stuff for the thermo aqua tuners.

Yah...I think by the time I have isoresin, I wont need it since I have had to find other ways to build what I need.  Why would I go back and replace my insulated sandstone tiles with superinsulator tiles?  Dont think I would

12 minutes ago, Draquila said:

It probably can't reproduce because the baby and egg assets aren't ready yet.

We don't actually know for that, it's just an assumption. So, I wouldn't plan a dirt farm onto that critter for the moment.

Furthermore, I did few tests, but it seems to me that they hide onto tiles and eat some of their mass, before excreting it in the form of an other tile, at the top of the previous consumed one. With the new robot miner, the automation seems handy, but I'm scratching my head on how to "fabricate" dirt tile exactly where I want it in the first place. Algae tempshiftplate that would be heated up ?

Well, too bad I also already uninstall the update, due to the lag problem discussed before.

38 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

Ignore him. He hates everything about the game.

First there need to be some game, here we are dealing with interactive screen saver.

Like usual Klei decided to water down every aspect of the game, so it would be more accessible to the masses, for fun and profit.

Fun times, everything need to be simple and easy or kids will poop on it otherwise. Minecraft is not enough for kiddos thsoe days I guess.

Edited by _Q_
  • Like 3

"Comets leave trails of hot gas." Not sure the benefit, but might have interesting effects. Maybe for heat removal from the surface?

These are nice to see:
"Diseases can no longer grow in vacuums."
"Gantry can be connected by heavy-watt wires."
"Toilets can be flipped horizontally."

@_Q_ I'm sorry the game feels too simple for you.  I know I would like if it were more complex, but I still think it is a very fun game the way it is.  I don't see the point in sticking around and complaining when it clearly isn't going in the direction you want and never will.  Klei has a vision for what kind of game they want it to be, whether it agrees with yours or not.  Either mod the game closer to what you want, find a different game to play, or put the effort in to design your own.  Negativity of this kind accomplishes nothing, unless you're just trying to make those of us who enjoy it feel bad. :wilsondisapproving:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

42 minutes ago, LaShomb said:

"Comets leave trails of hot gas." Not sure the benefit, but might have interesting effects. Maybe for heat removal from the surface?

It turns out it is rock gas... only few hundred grams, but pretty hot...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lali-Lop said:

@_Q_ I'm sorry the game feels too simple for you.  I know I would like if it were more complex, but I still think it is a very fun game the way it is.  I don't see the point in sticking around and complaining when it clearly isn't going in the direction you want and never will.  Klei has a vision for what kind of game they want it to be, whether it agrees with yours or not.  Either mod the game closer to what you want, find a different game to play, or put the effort in to design your own.  Negativity of this kind accomplishes nothing, unless you're just trying to make those of us who enjoy it feel bad. :wilsondisapproving:

They had a vision. Every time when they updated the game with part of the vision the forums were exploding with whining how it is to hard etc, so they were reducing difficulty. Its the same case every time. Now germs are irrelevant, making a stable colony is trivial, so there is nothing here to have fun, beside some highly optional content like sending rocket into space and getting a cow.

If you are new to the game the its fun, but after few hours its pretty much dead. I played my share of hours in it and since the difficulty is so low I have nothing more to do in it.

It only took over 140 cycles to reduce immunity of ONE of my colonists to 1% on hardest difficulty settings.

Seriously I'm done with this game, as it seems they are incapable of producing something that would last longer than few hours, and would have decent difficulty level to keep me playing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

So I answered my own question, it appears seeds are fine, the starmap will be heavily altered for you.  The larger problem now is that new maps have given up on chlorine/hydrogen in the Jungle biome and have been hit by a giant space vacuum.

So there are no gases in the Caustic Biome, other than in the Steam Vent, Chlorine Vent, and NatGas Vent templates?  And I guess the Insulated Tile Morb ruin with the Vascillator too...

4 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Sure thing, just one dupe for 30kg~

Deal. I can print a new dupe every 3 cycles :D

EDIT: Although that would mean I have to tolerate the sound of the bloody printing pod which I detest. I usually just turn it off.

Edited by Saturnus

38 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

If you are new to the game the its fun, but after few hours its pretty much dead. I played my share of hours in it and since the difficulty is so low I have nothing more to do in it.

Obviously, the game is going to get easier the more you play it.  You can't expect to play a game forever and still feel like the first hour.  Once you've mastered everything it has to offer, and the challenge is gone, then you move on to something new.

Or perhaps you are just waiting for DLC?

Edited by Lali-Lop
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

They had a vision. Every time when they updated the game with part of the vision the forums were exploding with whining how it is to hard etc, so they were reducing difficulty. Its the same case every time. Now germs are irrelevant, making a stable colony is trivial, so there is nothing here to have fun, beside some highly optional content like sending rocket into space and getting a cow.

It only took over 140 cycles to reduce immunity of ONE of my colonists to 1% on hardest difficulty settings.

Seriously I'm done with this game, as it seems they are incapable of producing something that would last longer than few hours, and would have decent difficulty level to keep me playing.

You've said this before. Why do you keep coming back? Just wash your hands of this and leave. Every time I see that you've posted I know beforehand its gonna be ****ting on the game. 

Edited by bleeter6
  • Like 3