[Game Update] - 288118

4 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I wonder if you could lost unlocked specific recipes if for example you do Wickerbottom > Maxwell > WIckerbottom (like the tentacle book).

I don't think you lost them, while you are maxwell you keep them don't you? your char just can't use them, but I didn't tried that yet so, lets se?

I don't see this character change mechanic as being much different from a new player joining the game, with a little more convenience.
You trade an investment of resources for the ability to actually have the characters you need when you need them...as opposed to 8 people joining as Webber for a spider party, or getting a Maxwell who's convinced that they can't read. It's taking out frustration, and making it possible to fully experience the game while playing solo or in a small group. Otherwise you're completely locked out of some characters traits.

The map/ect retention makes sense too. You as a player have gone around exploring and experiencing the map's contents. You're just changing classes. Maps are for giving information to someone that lacks it.
Reasonably, you could go around manually writing out a map of all the game worlds contents as you see them. You wouldn't lose that physical copy if you changed classes.
The map system is a removal of that tedium.

Edited by lifetheuniverse

On 10/5/2018 at 6:44 AM, Lumina said:

I wonder if you could lost unlocked specific recipes if for example you do Wickerbottom > Maxwell > WIckerbottom (like the tentacle book).

You're still able to craft On Tentacles with Wicker if you did that because you had to unlock the recipe. Now if you started as Wicker and wanted to change to another character, you would need to unlock science machine recipes (like rope) since they were always available as Wicker but not to other characters.

• Thanks 1