Don't starve (Steam) does not start

Momo147

It is a very long time now that I have this problem, so bear with me, and the holes in my memory. What I know: I bought the game December 29, 2014, along with the RoG DLC. I obviously played for about 74 hours. I bought Shipwrecked on June 17, 2016. Since then I was not able to start the game. It used to give me 2 keys, but the game never got beyond the entry screen, where I choose the buttons for Play, Options, not even Exit works.

In the meantime I tried to install it on other comps of mine, no go. The current main comp is an iMac from around 2015, with OS 10.10.5, graphics card AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048MB. I tried re-install, checked the integrity of the files via right-click on the game in steam. Drivers are updated, it is the one and only game not doing what it should. What I notice now though, but I am pretty sure that is new: when clicking on the CD key the usual window opens, but it is now stuck on "Requesting key..." I am very sure the window contained two keys before. Although, they did not do me any good either, because I never got beyond the intro screen.

I would very much like to play the game again. Can someone help please? For the record, I also own DST, and even got the chests for RoG, and Shipwreck. DST runs smoothly, at least when I play solo.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the game. In order to investiate this report further, could you please provide us with your Mac's system specs and your game's log.txt file? 

And you can find your log.txt file in your documents folder at /Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt

As for the CD keys not showing up, until fairly recently, Steam provided a CD key for Don't Starve, Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked that players could enter into Humble Bundle to retrieve their DRM-free installers. Steam is getting rid of this system - so we have created the Don’t Starve DRM-free tool that players can use to get their installers. More information here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2930033

Archived