[Game Update] - 287805

• Developer
  • Celestial Portal in the Caves can no longer be activated.
  • Celestial Orb will always show up on the Minimap, even if it is held or inside a container.
  • Fixed animation bugs with Celestial Portal.
  • Fixed animation bug with Werebeaver becoming invisible.
  • Fixed bug where digging up an occupied Burrow did not release a Moleworm.
  • Fixed bug where chat messages did not fade out.
  • Fixed “Thingamabob” names in player inspect screen.
  • Fixed crash sometimes when unravelling items.

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 14

Aww, I'm kinda sad I didn't get to see a couple of these while they were still happening.  "THE AMAZING INVISIBLE WEREBEAVER!"  Come one, come all, to...not see this amazing creature!  XD

Also it would've been kind of adorable to randomly call players/be called "Thingamabob".  Heh.  You want thingamabobs?  I got 20!

(I also kinda miss the way picking a cactus would suddenly kick in DRAMATIC BATTLE MUSIC! because you'd been hurt, but I do see where that would be confusing.  : P)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, V2C said:

Celestial Orb will always show up on the Minimap, even if it is held or inside a container.

You fixed my one complaint about the new content. What am I supposed to complain about now?

Nah, I'm just kidding. This is a very welcome change.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Celestial Portal in the Caves can no longer be activated.
  • Celestial Orb will always show up on the Minimap, even if it is held or inside a container.
  • Fixed animation bugs with Celestial Portal.
  • Fixed animation bug with Werebeaver becoming invisible.
  • Fixed bug where digging up an occupied Burrow did not release a Moleworm.
  • Fixed bug where chat messages did not fade out.
  • Fixed “Thingamabob” names in player inspect screen.
  • Fixed crash sometimes when unravelling items.

View full update

caves might be broken again and people keep crashing while joining servers.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Altari said:

after todays update, people around me cant enter the cave. Anyone else who have same problem? 

Yeah, had it too on a Klei Official. I already saw it reported, hope it'll be fixed soon. I didn't mind the chat bug that much, but the lack of caves is annoying and these bugs are getting more and more common. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gagarin-ace said:

so, now orb is visible for everyone, even if they dont see it yet or this map area not opened by this player?

also if someone carry orb - it also will be on minimap?

I think so , it will probably be like when someone has that nightmare medallion and someone carries the ancient key. I don’t know but I think what you said is right.

29 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

I think so , it will probably be like when someone has that nightmare medallion and someone carries the ancient key. I don’t know but I think what you said is right.

Celestial Orb: griefers permanently visible invitation-marker to "baisu". GJ!

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Field Field said:

i'm glad moleworm farms are viable again!

Wait, aren’t they just as viable as they were before? How does this bug fix change their viableness? I’ve never tried creating mole farms so I’m just wondering.

Before this update, digging up a burrow while a moleworm was inside of it would delete the moleworm permanently. That meant you wouldn't be able to hold spacebar to use the farm, because the moleworms will enter their burrow for a second after creating it.

7 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Well, it only prototypes two things, and they're both only useful at the portal.  So why not leave it at the portal?

Is not about me. This is a multiplayer and random people tend to hoard stuff. Then, when finally reaching base and realizing the orb isn't actually useful, even more so if kept in inventory, will dump it most likely in said base. I've seen quite a lot of times people actively going out their own way to make Moonlenses with gems in them (using materials from chests/not actually theirs), then placing said gem Moonlenses in base (not their base, but the one they've found/are guests at) because... And you can guess what type of people these markers attracted - trolls, more hoarders, leechers, and, of course, griefers. Casuals and newbies for whom these map-indicators would truly be helpful tend to not even know how to use map.

Edited by xxVERSUSxy
*additions and corrections*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

because mormons take it to have advantage

Wait, _mormons_?!  XD  I live in an area with a bunch of actual Mormons, and that's not one of the traits I'd attribute to them...(or rather, someone's religion has no effect on whether or not they'd take stuff and be a griefer in a game.  EVERYBODY can equally be a jerk!)

Perhaps you meant "morons", in which case, hilarious typo.  : P

...Notorious

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

no... we use the therm mormons on a christian server you mormon

You really can't abstain from derailing threads and manure-posting, can you?!

Anyway, anyone knows if caves are still bugged.. for the second time? Or got fixed?