Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Don't Starve Together Twitch Drops

Recommended Posts

I didn't got the 6 hour twitch item. But i clearly watched more than 6 hours an twitch stream by an streamer with drops on. Only got the 30 min. and 2 hours items :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fimmatek    3,225
42 minutes ago, Joefer said:

Good afternoon. My name is Eugene, I wanted to clarify something about the new update in the DST, related to the Twitch Drops. Will there be more things with Twitch? Pass by those now? If yes, then with what periods. Well, let's say "Now (September 30, 2013) you can get only 3 things, after how many new ones will be available? In a week? A month?" Or will not there be any more twitch drops?
Excuse me for the translation. Thank you

I'm almost sure there will be more drops to get, but I haven't seen any info on how often a new set will be released.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359368170    748
On 2018年9月29日 7:26:05 at 7:26 AM, q5667542 said:

还有一件颇为让人遗憾的事情  内测的时候 没有接触饥荒  地火皮肤没收藏到  可以再给我一次机会么  我想把忠诚皮肤都收藏了 可以么.. 谢谢!

实际上TGP有石窑火坑和火炬皮肤,steam玩家没有。

In fact there are firepit and torch skins belong to TGP players that steam players won't have.So let it go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
__IvoCZE__    5,954
4 hours ago, LordAmir5 said:

Till when can you get the drops cus my laptop is brocken

maybe just a day maybe a whole week...

Also Twitch and Klei acc. are on mobile too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triat    0

I really hope this works. Last time I tried this, I far exceeded the required hours and got nothing (For Warframe). I hope twitch fine tuned their stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lakhnish    1,307
On 9/27/2018 at 8:14 PM, JoeW said:

Beginning today all DST players can associate their Twitch.tv account to their Klei Account to begin receiving cool exclusive items by watching Don't Starve Together on Twitch.tv

So, about those AFK streams that seem to have popped up to watch for skins. Was this intentional, anticipated or at least an unexpected byproduct of having DST twitch drops?

InkedAFKers_LI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,134
1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

So, about those AFK streams that seem to have popped up to watch for skins. Was this intentional, anticipated or at least an unexpected byproduct of having DST twitch drops?

InkedAFKers_LI.jpg

I'm going to go with unintentional byproduct. Klei is giving away free skins, but you need to watch streams to get them. Not everyone is gonna want to actually watch streams for 6 hours to get them. So, as a result we got a lot of AFK viewers who are only around for the skins. So now we have people setting up streams specifically for AFKing to get the skins.

In my opinion, these twitch drops were just a poorly thought out idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    16,713

It's not too different from people setting up AFK skin drop servers in-game. I'm sure they realized a similar thing could pop-up. 

I find it kinda sad, as both someone who occasionally streams and as someone who watches, simply because there is pretty much always a legit stream with drops enabled nearly at all times. Even if you're gonna be an AFK/lurker you might as well contribute to a channel that needs it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lumina    2,135
51 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

In my opinion, these twitch drops were just a poorly thought out idea...

There are limitations that they can't control, i think. The idea isn't bad, it's a way to give more incentive for the community to interact : streaming or watching stream. It's a way to make publicity for the game. And it's a way to make new rewards and skins that you'll obtain in a different way.

Sure, there are some behaviours like being afk (while streaming or watching), but as long as this is nothing dangerous for the health, toxic for the community, or bad for Klei, this isn't a big deal. If too many streams are AFK streams without warning, this could become a problem for example, if people expecting to see a stream about the game find most of the time AFK streamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TemporaryMan    1,438

It'll probably settle down once people realize how much time they have between stream incentive sets.  Right now there's a panic because it's new and people are assuming they only have a week to fit in those 6 hours.  It really is a wasted opportunity and goes against the spirit of the thing; they haven't actually engaged with the community.  Meanwhile, I've only reached the two hour reward, but I got to see dragonboi mutual-kill Klauss, realize he didn't bring any life giving amulets, and have to float back to camp, resurrect, and then walk back to the treasure pile in the cold.  I'm not really worried about the remaining four hours I need for the third reward because I assume I have at least a month to do so.  I'll get there eventually, but I might find some streamers I like in the process.

Well, supposing the world doesn't end first.  If I'm criticizing other people for being antisocial, it must be near.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,134
4 hours ago, Lumina said:

There are limitations that they can't control, i think. The idea isn't bad, it's a way to give more incentive for the community to interact : streaming or watching stream. It's a way to make publicity for the game. And it's a way to make new rewards and skins that you'll obtain in a different way.

Sure, there are some behaviours like being afk (while streaming or watching), but as long as this is nothing dangerous for the health, toxic for the community, or bad for Klei, this isn't a big deal. If too many streams are AFK streams without warning, this could become a problem for example, if people expecting to see a stream about the game find most of the time AFK streamers.

I understand it was meant to be an incentive for the community to interact, or more likely, a way to expose DST to more people via twitch. But the problem comes when you consider the people who don't get much enjoyment from watching others play games for a lengthy amount of time. So you end up with a lot of AFKers who are only there for the reward. So once they got what they came for, views dip down to what they were before, accomplishing very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sefer    0

Could something be done about these people with "24/hour afk streams for dst rewards!" ? Seems like an abuse of the system...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ressayez    1,620
22 minutes ago, Sefer said:

Could something be done about these people with "24/hour afk streams for dst rewards!" ? Seems like an abuse of the system...

There's no harm in these kind of streams. Some people prefer not to watch streams, and others don't have the time. It's better that they go there instead of keeping a stream muted in another tab. Isn't the whole point of streaming the ability to interact with the audience to a much greater extent than with other mediums?

For some, this will provide incentive to seek out streams to watch to "earn" the items, for others it will be a nice little bonus for what they're already doing, and for others, like myself, we really just want the drops and have no interest in watching streams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dekay    105

I don’t see a problem with the afk streams and I say this as someone who regularly streams DST, viewers who actually want to see the game being played won’t watch those anyway and those afk numbers still boost DST’s overall viewership numbers on twitch which brings more attention to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    16,713
1 hour ago, Ressayez said:

It's better that they go there instead of keeping a stream muted in another tab. Isn't the whole point of streaming the ability to interact with the audience to a much greater extent than with other mediums?

In the short term yes, having ghost viewers isn't great because you want to interact with what little viewership you have, as you said. However, in the long term having numbers is what's going to boost your channel. Not to mention the higher up your channel is on the DST page the more likely viewers are to find your content.

A different concern is more related to Twitch itself, where I'm not exactly sure how they handle it, but these streams can provide an opportunity for non-real streamers to apply for partner/affiliate with numbers acquired in this fashion. Again, that's more a Twitch thing. I'd have to look into their terms for further information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0VERSUS1y    3,452
9 hours ago, Lumina said:

...as long as this is nothing dangerous for the health, toxic for the community, or bad for Klei, this isn't a big deal. If too many streams are AFK streams without warning, this could become a problem for example, if people expecting to see a stream about the game find most of the time AFK streamers.

 

5 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

...you consider the people who don't get much enjoyment from watching others play games for a lengthy amount of time. So you end up with a lot of AFKers who are only there for the reward.

 

4 hours ago, Ressayez said:

There's no harm in these kind of streams. Some people prefer not to watch streams, and others don't have the time. It's better that they go there instead of keeping a stream muted in another tab...

.. for others, like myself, we really just want the drops and have no interest in watching streams.

 

I'll be frank: am one of the people uninterested in Twitch or watching people play at all - I prefer to play the game myself with friends. And if I wanna watch a specific strategy for a game, I search YouTube for that exact thing - otherwise, regarding video content, in my spare time I go for movies and series. With that out of the way, will be sincere furthermore by admitting I afk-ed on one of those printscreens' channels (or what they are called); because, till last week, I didn't even had an account on said Twitch site. I like skins in general - they provide a much-needed diversity for multiplayer - and DST content, am not really a collector or more precisely am a selective collector (centered around my own visual style so-to-say), yet I wanted these Loyal skins. First I tried to do it "legit" by searching for a Twitch streamer actually playing and whatnot, but after being pretty annoyed with the voice of the one I randomly found and then, with the second, having stream abruptly cut because they just died and that was it, plus my already-mentioned blatantly disinterested towards Twitch as a concept, made me resort to said afk-ing on one of those 2 accounts' video. And was not tricked or the like, lad/lass with said account advertised right from start what was going on with text on screen - in my eyes they were just a provider for a need, nothing less, nothing more. If it wasn't for that, I would nevertheless had muted in a background tab a "legit" Twitch streamer and be done with it. Again, because I am not the target audience for this Twitch service and never will be - plus, judging by a certain prevalence of said afk-channels in Twitch search results, it appears there are a lot more peeps like me out there. Peace!

 

PS: here's a cute (non-griefer) Willow-alike drawing from a random Deviant artist to ease above diatribe, heh:

Spoiler

Willow_alike

"The Willow Tree" by IngridTan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lakhnish    1,307
8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

A different concern is more related to Twitch itself, where I'm not exactly sure how they handle it, but these streams can provide an opportunity for non-real streamers to apply for partner/affiliate with numbers acquired in this fashion. Again, that's more a Twitch thing. I'd have to look into their terms for further information.

 

6 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

I wanted these Loyal skins. First I tried to do it "legit" by searching for a Twitch streamer actually playing and whatnot, but after being pretty annoyed with the voice of the one I randomly found and then, with the second, having stream abruptly cut because they just died

These two points where more of what I was thinking of. For streamers who do legitimately stream this game consistently, I can only imagine the feelings of seeing channels surpass them in the matter of days. However, that's not to say there are not streamers who have gained a noticeable boost that so far seem to be consistent. The issue is that this program seems to be something that will occur for a long period of time, based on the other skins showcased on the Dev stream.

As for the viewer, I agree with what xxVERSUSxy said. Either there are people who don't want to watch twitch, the massive time investment may not be easy to fulfill, streams may abruptly end before the six hours, etc. all provides an incentive/need for such channels.

The only "solution" I can think of is that Klei's channel becomes a central source for AFKers to lurk and grind for skins. Then if Klei desires so, they can host other channels like they do on their other streams. As to what they showcase in that time period, I honestly don't know, but its the only one that I can think of that addresses both points. It may not even be a viable solution.

Feel free to disagree with me, cause I most certainly don't have an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    13,626
2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

 

These two points where more of what I was thinking of. For streamers who do legitimately stream this game consistently, I can only imagine the feelings of seeing channels surpass them in the matter of days. However, that's not to say there are not streamers who have gained a noticeable boost that so far seem to be consistent. The issue is that this program seems to be something that will occur for a long period of time, based on the other skins showcased on the Dev stream.

As for the viewer, I agree with what xxVERSUSxy said. Either there are people who don't want to watch twitch, the massive time investment may not be easy to fulfill, streams may abruptly end before the six hours, etc. all provides an incentive/need for such channels.

The only "solution" I can think of is that Klei's channel becomes a central source for AFKers to lurk and grind for skins. Then if Klei desires so, they can host other channels like they do on their other streams. As to what they showcase in that time period, I honestly don't know, but its the only one that I can think of that addresses both points. It may not even be a viable solution.

Feel free to disagree with me, cause I most certainly don't have an answer.

Give us an official 24/7 Klei concept art stream!

Where we get to view concept artwork for ALL of Klei's games. Man, if that were to happen I'd be all over that like hot biscuits and gravy. 

That way we'd never have to fear about losing cool concept art due to their streams becoming lost to time.

Spoiler

There's so much concept art that I wanna see again but can't. Like the proto-dupes from ONI, and just ONI concept art in general. :wilson_cry:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterA    4,157
On 9/28/2018 at 4:23 PM, misswoggie said:

So i linked my twitch account to my Klei account (you finally got me to stop lurking and sign up!) and I started getting Twitch notifications that I was receiving presents! But when I went into my game on PS4, no present popped up. Not even a present offering me a thingamabob.

Klei User ID: KU_XPTsW6Q4

Unfortunately, you won't see the items on console until the next update. I checked the database and you have the 3 items waiting for you :)

On 9/28/2018 at 3:37 AM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Are the skins tied to the Twitch account? Does that mean I can start accumulating watch time before the console update happens? 

They are tied to your Klei account, but yes, you can accumulate time and receive the items, but they won't show up until the update happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.