Coming soon to Don't Starve Together!

JoeW

49 minutes ago, q5667542 said:

May I ask the participation prize of the last gluttonous activity championship will be held after I did not get the prize!

Google Translate is so funny a lot of the times.. "gluttonous activity championship" - I suppose that was Gorge participation prize?!

9 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Google Translate is so funny a lot of the times.. "gluttonous activity championship" - I suppose that was Gorge participation prize?!

yes

The Gorge Tournament has begun!

Beginning at 11am PST, all Steam DST players who play the Gorge can start competing for the best scores. The top teams will receive the following:

Gold - (Top team of 1 - 3 players): Exclusive Gold Portrait, Exclusive Gold Icon, and Every item introduced with The Gorge, including the Survivors Chest and the Belongings Chest.

Silver - (Next 5 top teams of 1 - 3 unique players): Exclusive Silver Portrait, Exclusive Silver Icon, and The Gorge Belongings Chest.

Bronze - (Remaining Top 100 unique Players): Exclusive Bronze Icon and 25 Gorge Chests.

All participants will receive a special participation reward. Players appearing in multiple teams will only receive the reward for the highest tier they qualify for. Some restrictions apply, see below. 

This is going to be the first event of its kind, so we reserve the right to change things if we need to, or cancel due to unexpected complications.

We would love to do more things like this in the future, so make sure to give us your feedback!

How to Enter the Tournament

In order to qualify for The Gorge Tournament, you must finish a match with these 4 badges:

victory.png Victory

no_tributes_failed.png No Tributes Failed

no_repeat_meals.png No Repeat Meals

no_duplicate_survivors.png No Duplicate Survivors

(NOTE: It is OK to have other badges as well.)
Then, if your account qualifies, your score will automatically be entered, and this badge will show up as well:

tournament_entry.png Tournament Entry

How Appeasement Points are Calculated

Appeasement Points are calculated by adding up all the points from each snackrifice (see below), multiplying by 1000, and then dividing by the total number of seconds spent in the entire match.

Coin values are as follows:

coin1.png 1 point per coin.

coin-2.png 1 coin is worth 28 points, 2 coins is worth 84 points.

coin3.png 1 coin is worth 98 points, 2 coins is worth 294 points.

coin4.png 1 coin is worth 343 points.

For example, when the craving is matched:

Tomato Soup is worth 1×coin-2.png + 8×coin1.png = 28 + 8 = 36 points
Candied Fish is worth 2×coin-2.png + 4×coin1.png = 84 + 4 = 88 points
And say you escaped in 185 seconds using one Tomato Soup and one Candied Fish, then your match score would be:

(36 + 88) × 1000 ÷ 185 = 670 Appeasement Points

FAQ

What are the restrictions?

This tournament is Steam only, and only accounts that own Don't Starve Together can participate. Family Sharing "child" accounts will not qualify. Accounts must be in good standing.

Where can I see my rank?

The players qualifying for the gold, silver and bronze rewards are listed in the Tournament section of the leaderboards (https://forums.kleientertainment.com/gorge-recipe-book/). 

What if I belong to multiple high scoring teams?

You will be rewarded based on the team with the highest score. If you qualify under multiple tiers, you will receive an award only for the highest qualifying tier.

When does the tournament end?

The tournament ends on July 17th at 11am Pacific time. Winners will be determined and prizes will be distributed shortly thereafter. 

What about merch?

We wanted to give out merch as a prize, but the laws are scary, so we decided not to mess with that. If we get a lot of good feedback from this tournament, we'll look into how to go about physical prizes in the future.

HOTFIX - 277561

• Updated art for Mossy Gateway Portrait, Altar of Gnaw Portrait, and Pot Hanger Portrait.
  • Fixed bug where some players received a Tournament Entry badge, but their score did not show up on the leaderboard. If you believe this is still happening on new matches, please let us know by submitting a bug report. (We are still investigating the possibility of restoring previously missed entries.)
  • Fixed a rare crash when shutting down the game.

HOTFIX - 277370

• Fixed bug where overriding a World’s Event setting did not apply to Caves.
  • Fix a bug where some players would get the "Unable to connect to leaderboard server" message on every match.
  • Fixed Woodie’s Trader's Furs icon.

On 29. 10. 2018 at 11:16 PM, q5667542 said:

请问  上次 暴食活动 锦标赛 参与奖 以后还会举行么 我没拿到奖励!!    May I ask the participation prize of the last gluttonous activity championship will be held after I did not get the prize!!

You can't if you didn't get the tournament entry.

Now you can't because it's Forge Tiimmmeee!

Archived