Mad Libs 2: Electric Boogaloo

CaptainChaotica

So...since there's been nothing going on for a while now and we're all bored out of our minds, how 'bout some more Mad Libs?  I wanted to use my old thread but it got archived. : P

Anybody else want to do one (remember, you don't have to write it yourself--there are plenty of Mad Libs sites online you can copy from, or even--gasp!--use one from one of the original books) or should I start?

At any rate let's PLAY A GAME, PEOPLE!  WHOOO!

:D

...Notorious

Sorry I took a while to get back to my own thread--just as I say "Let's play a game because nothing is going on", suddenly EVERYTHING IS GOING ON.  : P

Anyway.  I'm not sure if this one is gonna work out, 'cos it's kinda long? but it's one of my best ones, so...

First, I'm gonna need:

Name of City or Town

Famous Female

Abstract Noun (which are these, again.  Just pick one you like!)

Noun

Vehicle

Verb

Noun

Part of the Body

Go!  And remember, as always:  Places and celebrities can be fictional or historical, and parts of the body don't necessarily have to be human.  :)

...Notorious

On 10/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Okay!  Sorry this took so long--this weekend was...interesting.  :\  Anyway.

Next up is a:

Famous male (can also be fictional)

Distance

Name of City or Town (this can be fictional too)

Noun

Part of the Body

Noun

Go!

...Notorious

Ryan Reynolds (he’s believable in any situation)

900 miles (and I would walk 500 more-)

Spooksville Mc Kunckernuck

Duck

Beak

Spear

Heh.  Funny you mention Ryan Reynolds...JackSepticEye had a video where he played the new Deadpool game with him a bit ago, and it was just...WEIRD...funny but weird.  "Real Life" (tm) movie star + internet Let's Player from another continent...just hangin' out on the couch together and chillin', playin' games.  It was fricking adorable how well they immediately got along.  Like just a couple dudes.  Not the first combo of people I would've thought to put together!  XD

Anyway.  Next I need:

Adjective

Verb ending in "ing"

Noun

Distance

Substance (doesn't have to be an illegal one : P)

Verb ending in "ing"

GO!

...Notorious

SO sorry I took this long to get back to this thread; I didn't forget it, I just had a really tiring week and wanted to get through that first.  Oy.  Among other things, I had my (coughcough) birthday on the 15th, an obnoxiously painful dental appointment the very next day and my local Star Trek club had its "decommissioning" ceremony yesterday (basically we got up and talked about the history of the club for a bit in front of a room of other Trekkies--and yes, we wore uniforms!  My mom and I got to wear ours on the train up and back, and get fun reactions from people.  XD) as we finally decided to join in with another club and consolidate instead, as we were down to only four active members. 

The kicker?  Our club had existed for over THIRTY-ONE YEARS!!  Yep.  Older than most people at this board probably.   And, most of the clubs in the area either directly spun off from ours or from clubs that had originally spun off from ours...I'm serious, the U.S.S. Alioth was kinda the grandma/great-aunt of Mountain West Trekkiedom.  I would say "Utah" only, but there are clubs in Wyoming and Idaho that were our indirect "progeny" as well, so...(One of the dudes at the ceremony came in from Idaho, in fact--and we weren't anywhere near the state border, so he had to travel some.)

ANYway.  Well this _is_ called the "Off-Topic" forum.  : P

Noun

Part of the Body

Noun

Verb

Famous Male

GO!

...Notorious

Okay, again, really sorry for the long delay.  I didn't mean to--it was, again, an exhausting/annoying week, although Halloween itself went nicer than I expected.  But on Friday I got some dental work done and it STILL hurts to even think about chewing anything near that one tooth.  Owww...

Anyway both of you guys did some awesome answers and I totally shouldn't've left this thread alone for so long.  :\  Next up we have a bunch of people-blanks.  It'll make some kind of sense in the finished Mad Lib, trust me.  : P

Number

Famous Female

Famous Male

Famous Female

Number

Verb

GO!  And remember--"famous" doesn't have to mean real, as long as it's a fictional character lots of people know about.  :)

...Notorious

Sorry for not replying sooner, but I was so sure I already replied...

But before saying anything else, I wanted to ask you something: You said it has to be someone lot's of people know about, so do you mean irl people, or do they only have to be famous in their world?

Um, I guess...well I don't really care if lots of people in THEIR world know about the character or not.  The important thing is that lots of REAL LIFE people know about this character, to the point where they're possibly so famous that even _I_ would get the joke even if I've never actually watched/read/played the thing they're from.  : P  Like, I've never actually watched Game of Thrones, but I know at least a _little_ about a BUNCH of characters from there.  That kind of thing.

Couldn't really give a damn if they're an obscure hermit in THEIR world as long as they're a memorable character in OUR world that people talk about.  :)

...Notorious

On 11/4/2018 at 6:21 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Okay, again, really sorry for the long delay.  I didn't mean to--it was, again, an exhausting/annoying week, although Halloween itself went nicer than I expected.  But on Friday I got some dental work done and it STILL hurts to even think about chewing anything near that one tooth.  Owww...

Anyway both of you guys did some awesome answers and I totally shouldn't've left this thread alone for so long.  :\  Next up we have a bunch of people-blanks.  It'll make some kind of sense in the finished Mad Lib, trust me.  : P

Number

Famous Female

Famous Male

Famous Female

Number

Verb

GO!  And remember--"famous" doesn't have to mean real, as long as it's a fictional character lots of people know about.  :)

...Notorious

Michelle Obama

Barak Obama

Ryan Reynolds

Eleventeen

Sawshayed 

Oh, thank goodness.  I thought this was completely dead forever. Normally I'd want more than one person's answers so I can pick and choose, but it's been MONTHS, I'll freaking _take_ it!

Okay.  I filled those in and...that's it.  We're DONE!  Xedlord, you dropped out at the very end.  And seriously, how hard is it to think of random famous people or characters?  For pete's sake--Elvis, Mickey Mouse, Sailor Moon!  Bang off the top of my head. There are SO MANY.  Why did you just flop over and die?

ANYWAY.  This tells me that next time I can only do my shorter ones, to try and schedule them for nowhere near holidays or game events, and to _definitely_ get more people involved in the thread first.

So, in case anybody is still reading this...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Olympics!

The Olympics began in Ancient Greece, in the city-state of *Denver*, named after *Beyonce*, Goddess of *Brutality*.  The original games included events such as running races, throwing the *chandelier*, wrestling, *jet-ski* racing, and *flailing*, all of which were done naked because why not.  The reward to the victor was a *rabbit*, which was to be worn on the head.   Then they would carry the champion on their *pores* and cheer.

The modern Olympics are held once every *1,600 eons* and are hosted by a different city each time.  The symbol of the Olympics is a *cigar*, which must always be kept burning.  It is carried by runners from the city where the Olympics just ended to the next one, being passed off many times along the way. Once the games have begun, the *cigar* must not go out until the games end, which takes *3 trillionths of a nanosecond*.

Many things remain unchanged from Ancient Greek times, but there are many differences, too.  For one thing, there are a LOT more commercials during the Olympics now.  For another thing, there are several new events, including swimming, diving, weight-*meowing*, fencing, *tomato*-vaulting, and many others.

Notable is the marathon, which we should have listed back in the Ancient Greek part of this Mad Lib but forgot, based off the story of *Philip J. Fry*, a soldier who ran *a Planck length* to the city of *Spooksville McKunkernuck* with an urgent message, but died of exhaustion just afterwards.  Today's marathon-runners go the same distance but, thanks to *boxes* handed to them from the sidelines, they don't die anywhere near as often.  Also we have gymnastics, in which an athlete grabs hold of a bar with their *iris*, does fancy flips and twists around it for a bit, then lands on a *duck*.

Today, we have something that the Ancient Greeks couldn't have, on account of their *black* climate--the Winter Olympics!  These include events such as ski-*pouring*, luging (in which you lie down on a *book* and zoom along a track at speeds upwards of *1,725 feet* an hour, with very little protection), bobsledding, *nitroglycerin*-skating, and speed-*sitting*.

When a modern athlete wins first place in an event, a gold *chicken* is placed around his/her *fur*, while the second and third place winners recieve *chickens* of silver and bronze, respectively.  Then all three athletes climb up on little *mushrooms* while the flags of their countries are *skedadled* and the first-place winner's national anthem is played.
Some noted Olympic champions include *Benjamin Franklin*, who won the gold in the year *42* for diving but injured himself in doing so; *Michelle Obama* and *Barack Obama*, a figure-skating pair who won the gold twice in a row, and *Ryan Reynolds*, who won a record *eleventeen* (?) times in the sport of *sashaying*.

We can learn a lot from these great athletes. By watching them, we can learn what it is to be totally devoted to something, to never give up, to constantly strive to be the best, and all for the highest goal of all: social media fame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THERE.  I dunno, I think it turned out pretty funny.   My god, some of those mental IMAGES... XD  (I'm now totally imagining Deadpool sashaying around an Olympic stadium and, gotta say...it wouldn't be out of character.  : P  But, flipping around things with your EYE?  Ick!  Also HOW?!)

...Notorious

XD  I know!  So many good weirdnesses in this one.

--Beyonce, Goddess of Brutality!

--Throwing chandeliers. While naked.  (The thrower, not the chandelier.  Well I guess that would be naked too, technically.)

--I love that the thing that replaced the torch IS still something that's supposed to be set on fire!

--Poor duck!

--Nitroglycerin skating?  Now THAT'S some extreme sports!

--Speed...sitting.  XD

--And, again, Deadpool sashaying around an ice rink.  : P

These are seriously fun, and I'll do another one if people want, but maybe a shorter one.  This IS one of my longest Mad Libs and I knew what I was getting into when I started it.  Heh.

...Notorious

On 1/14/2019 at 5:52 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

XD  I know!  So many good weirdnesses in this one.

--Beyonce, Goddess of Brutality!

--Throwing chandeliers. While naked.  (The thrower, not the chandelier.  Well I guess that would be naked too, technically.)

--I love that the thing that replaced the torch IS still something that's supposed to be set on fire!

--Poor duck!

--Nitroglycerin skating?  Now THAT'S some extreme sports!

--Speed...sitting.  XD

--And, again, Deadpool sashaying around an ice rink.  : P

These are seriously fun, and I'll do another one if people want, but maybe a shorter one.  This IS one of my longest Mad Libs and I knew what I was getting into when I started it.  Heh.

...Notorious

I think the shorter ones do work better, but also the timing of this one was a little wonky with holidays and finals floating around, nobody really had time to do this stuff. I think if you posted a new one now it’ll probably more popular.

Archived