Does boat always take damage first?

Mencken

Killed by Volcano bomb again (2nd time) but next round I think I'll be able to dodge (was being chased as well).    I like the boat with 800 strength, if a lava bomb hits will it do damage to the boat but not me?    

So far I find the dry season the hardest, died twice and haven't made it yet but this next time I'm better set up for it.   I did build a base with cobblestones but it got partially flooded (thought anything made was immune?).    

10 hours ago, Mencken said:

Killed by Volcano bomb again (2nd time) but next round I think I'll be able to dodge (was being chased as well).    I like the boat with 800 strength, if a lava bomb hits will it do damage to the boat but not me?    

So far I find the dry season the hardest, died twice and haven't made it yet but this next time I'm better set up for it.   I did build a base with cobblestones but it got partially flooded (thought anything made was immune?).    

Yes, on water all damage goes to the boat. I also like the armoured one! Keep it more or less repaired, and it can withstand a direct hit. If you can find the volcano before dry season, descend, find the altar of snackrifice, and keep it happy with eggs. Then the volcano won't erupt at all. I rarely manage to do that before the first dry season, but definitely in time for the later ones. Oh, and be careful not to go near unexplored islands during the eruptions, otherwise you might inadvertantly kill one of the two doydoys.

For flooding, see my reply to your other thread.

Archived