Sign in to follow this  
Tayra

Tayra's Art

WhimsiKitty    123

Hello, Tayra! 

It is awesome how inspiring Don't Starve is! ^.^ I never considered myself to be a drawer of much fanart, but here I am, so I agree with you that the game can be unexpectedly encouraging for artists! :>

You have some cute fanart here so far! I particularly like the first one, Webber looks so adorable and sinister stroking that spider! X3 And Wigfried looks great in that last piece, very accurate to the game style. What is the dark streak on her face?

• Thanks 2

Swollson    457

hi! :D welcome to the dont starve art forums! i really like your wigfrid piece! :> 

you do animation? i bet they’re awesome! cant wait to see some cool ds animations from you!! :DDD

• Thanks 1

Tayra    37
Hi WhimsiKitty
I'm glad you like my artworks ^^ I used survivor Wigfrid skin. I used her patterns on her face. :D

Hello Swollson,
I am so happy you liked my works and it's great to be in this forum :3
Right now i don't do animations but at future i have some plans for it.
I'll do my best :)
  • Like 1

minespatch    74613
On 9/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, Tayra said:
  1. In my drawings, i'm not very good at forming up the background coloring. I hope that i can improve myself in this particular case. Your opinion of course holds a great importance for me.
  2. In the future, I'm planning to make long-term DST fan animations also, but i think i still have a way to go :)
  3. webberprofile2.thumb.jpg.8d7737461e4d9bf9f6d08fe699aa5480.jpg
  4. Maxwell.thumb.jpg.08c199f3fd3f580ec8d26bc7d3897081.jpg
  5. dst3.thumb.jpg.d1bec3680f6d80cb9f14f294232ee09d.jpg
  6. WigfriddSs.thumb.jpg.c8c056be018d1b550bddaa54a8ebe0fb.jpg
  1. Oh, of course! Keep up trying different backgrounds. Even mess with paper texture to give a old tome look to your art.
  2. Sounds interesting, can't wait to see what animations you'll come up with.
  3. Looks like you combined both of Webber's Guest of Honor portraits and replaced the fluffy white cat with those cave spiders. A ingenious change that I wouldn't think of. Though on "5", Webber's head fluff doesn't match the Webber you posted on "3" but I guess since its Guest of Honor, that's way more organized hair wise.
  4. With the way the codex is up in the air, it looks like MAxwell's gonna slash it to smithereens.:wilson_ecstatic:
    The additional detail of how you drew the pages is a nice touch.
  5. Love the color scheme! It's a nice balance of sepia meets warm Autumn colors to not look dull. Also love the additions of Hatch and chester, kind of inferring their owners personalities and contrast.
  6. Is this kind of a advertisment for the Bee-spear?:wilson_sneaky:
    Though I gotta admit, the spear compliments Wigfrid's survivor skin. Being both rough and fluffy at the same time.
17 hours ago, WhimsiKitty said:

It is awesome how inspiring Don't Starve is! ^.^ I never considered myself to be a drawer of much fanart, but here I am, so I agree with you that the game can be unexpectedly encouraging for artists! :>

I was going to ask if you have a art thread and then I peeked on the "Next unread Topic" button.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png

Tayra    37

Hello Minespatch,

Thanks for the compliment

In 3. drawing i used lines for pattern. Like you said Guest of Honor drawing is like that. Actually in 5. drawing i used lines for same pattern too but it look so dark i decide to not draw like that.

Thank you for your words. They are important for me and i will consider about them at future :wilson_blush:

• Like 1

DragonMage156    27090

Hey Tayra, glad you see you open up an art thread. I think I've seen some of these before (maybe DeviantArt or Tumblr?) anyway they're really cute. I particularly like the Wigfrid one but that could be because I main her in-game ^^;

Oh I'd love to see you tackle animation in the future! It's never too early to start practicing ^_^

Tayra    37
2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Man that's cute! Fits the season.

I'm guessing this is your revenge on batilisks?:wilson_ecstatic:

Hahaha:wilson_laugh:

For today's menu, a fried batilisk with willow's fire :wilson_evil:

• Haha 1

DragonMage156    27090
4 hours ago, Tayra said:

I wanted to be patient but i couldnt :wilson_ecstatic: Halloween apporaching!!!

It's never too early for halloween. Besides it's October now anyway ^_^

I really like the pic.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Thanks 1

Russian_Philin    10093
14 hours ago, Tayra said:

Я поделился на Tumblr раньше :wilson_blush:

Вигфрид - мой другой главный герой, поэтому мне было так весело рисовать ее.

Я хочу быть терпеливым, но я не мог :wilson_ecstatic: Хеллоуин apporaching!!!

Уиллоу рот-это очень странно, я знаю, что :D я не сделал правильно.

Я надеюсь, что всем это нравится

Хэллоуин.большой палец.JPG.064d0d01da4ec93ae8bbce20c44d0997.JPG

Wes and Wendy look really cool, and with Willow, I yell and laugh=)))))

I hope you still show a lot of beautiful art=)

• Thanks 1

minespatch    74613
On 10/10/2018 at 2:48 AM, Tayra said:

halloween21.thumb.jpg.23b9159a1ff3b3e10886ee5654c33072.jpg

Interesting choices for alternative skins. WX as a pumpkin would've been a interesting alternative Verdant skin. Is Wilber a skunk ray? Would be a relief that Hallow Nights makes werepigs pacified.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:47 PM, Tayra said:

Wickerbottom the Greatwickerbottommtw.thumb.png.2457641fb13114b13b18a758e0956b74.png

Is Wicker trying to step into Maxwell's territory?:wilson_sneaky:

Is there a reason the Japan flag is behind her?

Russian_Philin    10093
On 10.10.2018 at 6:48 AM, Tayra said:

forgot to share my new project on forum, sorry:wilson_hurt:

halloween21.thumb.jpg.23b9159a1ff3b3e10886ee5654c33072.jpg

And... It's here! :wilson_love:

I got to that thread, and I'm glad I got here. Halloween art is simply incomparable, I feel the atmosphere of this holiday, although in Russia this event is not celebrated.:wilson_wink:

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Like 1

Wonderful artwork! So full of life! I love the soft lighting you use! Wendy looks happier than I've ever seen her!

On 10/28/2018 at 2:23 AM, Russian Philin said:

I got to that thread, and I'm glad I got here. Halloween art is simply incomparable, I feel the atmosphere of this holiday, although in Russia this event is not celebrated.:wilson_wink:

Haha, Halloween in the states is a bigger deal than it is in a lot of countries, or so I'm told. Maybe we overdo it, but go big or go home, amiright? I'm not sure about Canada, but I think it is probably more like America than it is in Europe. If you go to a development, so many houses are nicely decorated up and down the street and it really gives you an indescribable feeling of happiness.

:wilson_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1