Ten Thousand Hours of Art

ResettePlayer

On 10/1/2018 at 1:19 PM, ResettePlayer said:

It's Inktober 01, how much longer can I last?20181001_103035.jpg

I remember seeing this one and the priest on October 4 on that cover for your story. The mask looks Greecian.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:25 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Two days down.20181002_181803.jpg

Kind of cute with the aside look but the clinging tendrils gives me Clive Barker Hellbound vibes. Same with the impaled items. What is this creature?

On 10/4/2018 at 3:25 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Day four.20181004_151333.jpg

So... Demon priest? Kind of has a Vincent Price/Clark Gable vibe on this character. Why is he cradling that gem?

On 10/5/2018 at 8:42 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Low effort, last minute, bad lighting Day Five.20181005_200533.jpg

Bad lighting? Cause the shading is within the skull?

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:
  1. Thank you! Have some more tired Thanksgiving Weekend skeletons.20181008_173005.jpg
  2. 20181008_172949.jpg20181008_172953.jpg
  1. Can a skeleton get diabeties?5b8652f8037ce_wilsonmorethoncs.thumb.png.cbb0632a82a89751b041a3ca0d35baff.png
  2. These two feel like a ongoing comic about a skeleton having existential anxiety.

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

What is this creature?

This creature has a needlessly extensive backstory. In a nutshell, they want to eat the souls of all living organisms in their quest to become God, and had to be restrained.

Bad lighting? Cause the shading is within the skull?

Naw, I meant the photo. I usually try to use natural light for taking the pictures, but at this point it was too late in the evening. The quality looked a lot worse on my low-brightness laptop screen; it doesn't look that bad now that I'm viewing it on a better screen.

These two feel like a ongoing comic about a skeleton having existential anxiety.

Well, you're not entirely wrong.

So... Demon priest? Kind of has a Vincent Price/Clark Gable vibe on this character. Why is he cradling that gem?

He's a ghost, actually, tied to his planet via the triangular nail driven into his skull. The gem is a magical Dragon Heart that grants him Magneto powers. I just put it there so he'd have something to do with his hands, though it is an object relevant to his character.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

IEszerine must be having one of her moods

This is actually me trying to draw a mask that had room enough to accommodate Caraluthis' massive nose.

Spoiler

20180921_142259.thumb.jpg.7f061e588a211347dc8093d2112ecc81.jpg Remember this character?

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

What's this guy being suspicious about?

Female character, actually. I understand the confusion, since I do struggle with drawing women a bit. She's probably thinking about how out-of-character it is for her to be a fashion model.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

The colors are really bright on this one! Interesting choice to make the fish a flatfish and the gem designs really emphasize the magic from it. Looking at the storyboards, the first angle had a darker tone compared to the final product.

Thank you! The fish was established (quite explicitly) as a flounder in the source material. And the instructor recommended using the second rough for the last panel, since it was a bit too dramatic for this scene in the story. I know what he meant; the final ended up being far calmer, but still slightly ominous. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Archived