Ten Thousand Hours of Art

ResettePlayer

On 1/27/2019 at 9:54 AM, ResettePlayer said:

IMG_20190127_0001.jpg

I know its late, but I would have cast by ballot to cast him as fred for he looks like he's been rather NAAAUGHTY

how surreal an unsettling he looks good show :purple_heart:

• Developer
17 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

The stream had no real structure this week, so I just drew the hosts. Forgive me.

Real talk though: Jambell is made up of mostly round shapes and Jarrett's mostly rectangles... guys... they're 80% cartoon already, I swear.

I'm going to frame this on my wall at home

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

So I guess this won't be used for worldbuilding in your comic?

Actually, it sort of was an exploration of architecture. Unfortunately truck with tank treads won't be featured in the comic (maybe in the far future of that timeline), but the triangle/trillium motif is important in one culture.

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 6:07 PM, ResettePlayer said:

only art that remains for aliens to find is anime

This + some memes and aliens would know that we're the ultimate beings.

"They possesed inteliigence that we may never even dream of achieving."

I need to chill with the obsessive polishing ('cos only then do you notice bad proportions), but here's a group shot of the OCs. Two guys on the far right are new. They're cultists of jerkdom and tribalism. Say hi.

chars0419.thumb.png.95de906adc8eed77e9c4618431bbc35d.png

Left to right: Eserine, Galena, Trawney, Jeff, Caraluthis, Annie, Kiril, Daryna, Harkensil, Currently Nameless, Currently Nameless, Currently Nameless.

I spent all that time making Eserin and Caraluthis looking cool and everyone else was like "yeah whatever".

On 3/22/2019 at 5:29 AM, ResettePlayer said:

The stream had no real structure this week, so I just drew the hosts. Forgive me.

I like the art you have presented here, well I do not have anything to show up over here, Other than this sketching which is probably made by lead I also like to paintings.

Been thinking about westerns again lately. Not necessarily the old books and movies, but the aesthetic, the look. Because westerns look cool as all heck.

carawestern.thumb.png.df36ab6dc0f05e3fb532a0132888ea3d.png

I've never played Secret Ponchos, but I loooove the art for it. This promotional art never ceases to impress me, and is the kind of stylisation I hope to attain: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VVOb  It's so atmospheric and angular and MMM, so good.

Due to me living in Temecula and California, I grew up around Western aesthetics. So I can understand your interest. Is there a reason the thorns have eyes?

Looked it up. Really love the look of the game. This is what animation does that live action cannot. Shame movie companies don't understand this.

56 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Is there a reason the thorns have eyes?

Adding eyes is a simple way to have something be "wrong". It's almost overdone, actually. The thorn growths would have been unsettling enough with insect and animal limbs...maybe with the eyes appearing only sometimes. 

I assure you these thorns also whisper incessantly, because of course they do.

Archived