Ten Thousand Hours of Art

ResettePlayer

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

How did you make the shiine? Did you use a particular sharpie or pencil?

Was this for a school project?

Yeah, it's a kind of paint marker that I've had sitting around for ages. 

This wasn't an assignment, just stuff I drew for myself.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Did you use markers or watercolors for the dress? Little curious which mediums you used for this piece.

Ink wash with a brush! I've been using it a lot lately; if something is grey toned, it's probably ink wash. Regular fineliners/technical pens were used for the blacks and white acrylic paint for the eyes.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:54 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Paddlefruit of Twitch said to call him Dave, but I'm not sure. Does this guy scream Dave to you?IMG_20190127_0001.jpg

Wait, who's Paddlefruit and what's the context? Also, first thing that comes to mind is 2001: a space odyssey, so... Not sure.

15 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

One of the good things about art school is the inclusion of skeletons. This wonderful guy is suspended in a windowed closet thing. Maybe I'll get around to drawing the other one too.IMG_20190127_0002.jpg

That's beautiful! Has a photo-realistic element to it. Nice work, Resette.:wilson_dorky:

So... It's suspended in that pose?

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Paddlefruit and what's the context?

I mentioned making a new (but nameless) OC in the Twitch chat last week, and Paddlefruit (who has been attending the streams for the past several weeks; Jesse draws them a lot) responded.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

It's suspended in that pose

Yep! I didn't draw all the wires and bolts and things, but he's hanging from his knees, spine, and skull.

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

Is this a character in your comic?

Out of curiosity, have you read the Edge Chronicles?

Yes.

No.

Honestly a lot of the characters that end up being posted here look far more steampunk than I'd like. Not that I have a problem with steampunk, but that's just not quite the direction I wanted to take this in. This particular character is a train conductor; as such, I wanted him to look a perhaps a small bit like a train. Flowing hair and a very structured jacket.

Of course, i have a tendency to draw structured clothing a lot anyway, often adding stiffness to clothes that shouldn't actually be stiff.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:24 PM, ResettePlayer said:

A drawing of one of the three most powerful demiurges, The Crown.

IMG_20190118_0001.thumb.jpg.2b762d2a1812575d5f12c8e79e23cdaf.jpg 20190118_141635.thumb.jpg.bf4ac1b2bff6869795b38d98d4953519.jpg

It shiny!

There needs to be an emote for just pure amazement because that’s whats running through my head when I see your art. 

This onse in particular was ridiculously impressive to me because of the fabric folds and the fact you made it look slightly see through. It’s really really good man.

7 hours ago, geni0529 said:

There needs to be an emote for just pure amazement because that’s whats running through my head when I see your art. 

This onse in particular was ridiculously impressive to me because of the fabric folds and the fact you made it look slightly see through. It’s really really good man.

Thank you very much! I kind of surprised myself with that one. Dragging the white over the darker silhouette within worked pretty well.

I'm gonna dump some stuff here.

Gave a name and made a character sheet for that guy.itsterry.thumb.png.4354f17aa26406e561459c1de867e0cb.png

Calculus professor, you see. He has knowledge mortal men should not have.

Did another character rotation for a robot who was probably inspired by WX-78 more so than I thought at the time.

mhsrotation.thumb.png.f208f87982de4496f77ea6ceaa1464f6.png

And this here was inspired by many a living room, and might be my masterpiece for the time being. I'll consider colouring it digitally.

interiorperspective.thumb.png.87459a98232450d379f9d558fb1c3869.png

16 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:
  1. itsterry.thumb.png.4354f17aa26406e561459c1de867e0cb.png
  2. mhsrotation.thumb.png.f208f87982de4496f77ea6ceaa1464f6.png
  3. interiorperspective.thumb.png.87459a98232450d379f9d558fb1c3869.png
  1. I could actually see Stephen Colbert playing this character while using the voice he used in Harvey Birdman. Though that's probably not your intention.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. The addition of having Evelyn holding a skull shows a good contrast and size comparison. With some burlap flesh, this wouldn't look out of place with the Shane Acker film 9.
  3. It is your masterpiece. There's something quiet and subtle but very detailed with the piece. I've seen some childrens books with this kind of art style and this could possibly lead to a book if you wanted to go in that direction.

14 hours ago, minespatch said:

Though that's probably not your intention.

Hah, not exactly. He's sort of the Joker, sort of Maxwell, sort of Frank, and sort of one of my professors. Which is great, because when I mentioned this to one of my classmates (who I forgot was in his class too) she was like "Oh, it's [Professor's name]!" I was so happy to have captured his essence.

The addition of having Evelyn holding a skull shows a good contrast and size comparison

The skull was actually for storytelling purposes; it should tell you something about what happened to the Old Earth.

this kind of art style

I was going for that classic etching look, and that has been used in a lot of older children's books. This was supposed to be a one-off thing making the most of a perspective assignment.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:07 AM, ResettePlayer said:

itsterry.thumb.png.4354f17aa26406e561459c1de867e0cb.png

Oddly enough, the sketches gave me Victor vibes (which is weird since he a dupe OC of mine ^^; but he might look something like this if he was translated to your style, tbh).

Back on topic, your OCs look interesting. Can't wait to find out more about them >u>

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

he a dupe OC of mine ^^; but he might look something like this if he was translated to your style

This statement got me asking questions, which I then had to answer.

20190227_135524.thumb.jpg.e02cd63d143d1753a335fc0c1d68eeca.jpg

For all the great and terrible things a Printing Pod can produce, prescription eyeglasses just aren't on that list.

Archived