Ten Thousand Hours of Art

ResettePlayer

Three whole people have expressed interest in an off-topic art thread, so here we go. To begin... two drawings!

20180913_173754.thumb.jpg.de362228566f2c1974bb631f6d622dcb.jpg

Could this be... original content? Not fanart? Who thought it possible!

20180908_115408.thumb.jpg.f2d1db1b20293bf7b4445aefc616b46d.jpg 

I think part of the reason I like drawing Wilson so much is because he looks like my own character here. And her brother. And her ancestor who shows up later.

What's all this for, anyway? Here's the truth: as much as I like to consume and appreciate things such as games and comics, I'd like to make my own at some point too. Comics, that is. Games are a bit out of my field.

Ideally this comic will launch in early 2022. Stay tuned for three and a half years for something that may never exist, kids! 

gasp

10 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I love the elegance combined with the fascinating, unnatural aspects of the head and arms. I desire such creativity as this. (your details, as always, are fantastic.)

11 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I think part of the reason I like drawing Wilson so much is because he looks like my own character here. And her brother. And her ancestor who shows up later.

Ooh, you're right! That's pretty cool.

11 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

What's all this for, anyway? Here's the truth: as much as I like to consume and appreciate things such as games and comics, I'd like to make my own at some point too. Comics, that is. Games are a bit out of my field.

O: 
That's pretty exciting! May you find motivation and success.

4 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

eldritch abominations never get old

I agree. The geometry of the skeleton and crown(?) is an interesting contrast to the organic tendrils.

Your original work is great! Thanks for sharing.

14 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:
  1. 20180913_173754.thumb.jpg.de362228566f2c1974bb631f6d622dcb.jpg
  2. 20180908_115408.thumb.jpg.f2d1db1b20293bf7b4445aefc616b46d.jpg
  1. Very fascinating. Looks like a robotic priest. With some paints, eerie lighting, and a logo, it would make a cool black metal cover.
  2. Sounds like your story will have a tone similar to Edge Chronicles... Unless steampunk isn't going to be involved.:wilson_ecstatic:
8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

20180208_093835.jpg

Was this piece relaxing to work on? Something tells me that it might have due to the long tendrils and intensive shading.

11 hours ago, Auspice said:

I desire such creativity as this. (your details, as always, are fantastic.)

Ahh, thank you so much! Creativity is a weird thing, and in a way, it needs to be trained. This entity wasn't something I came up with as soon as I sat down to draw it; sometimes it takes pages of sketches and time for it to fully develop in your mind. It also helps to have some sort of goal in mind; this entity has a role I want them to fill, and I wanted them to look the part too.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Unless steampunk isn't going to be involved.

Honestly, it was originally meant to be more of a cheesy swords-and-sorcery fantasy, until I realised it was going to take ages for the characters to get anywhere. So there's gonna be trains, at least.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Was this piece relaxing to work on?

It was a while ago, so I don't remember exactly, but once the difficult parts were down (skull, ribcage, pyramid and sword) then it was more relaxing. The tentacles don't have rigid structure like the rest of the stuff, and it was nice to watch it develop and become something more lively and interesting.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:37 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Three whole people have expressed interest in an off-topic art thread, so here we go. To begin... two drawings!

Have you ever played Magic the Gatherthing? Theres a card that looks exactly like this

Spoiler

Image result for elesh norn

Her names Elesh Norn, but, as it turns out, people are attracted to this monstrosity, so I would highly recommend not looking it up. It literally starts at the 4th result on google images, and only gets worse from there on.

5 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Magic the Gatherthing

Hoooooooooooooooooooo boy, no I have never played it, but I love to bask in the art. I dig this weird, mildly creepy sort of thing.

Now that I live in Da City, there's a comic book shop within walking distance (!) and there was a copy of the Art of MtG there for like $80 or something and man oh man, would I love to gaze upon that for hours.

In a somewhat similar vein, Peter Mohrbacher is one of my all-time favourite artists: https://www.artstation.com/bugmeyer

On 9/17/2018 at 7:47 AM, ResettePlayer said:

eldritch abominations

Sounds like you would get a long with Mr.P (can't find the tag). He's no longer active here but I know he likes eldritch kinda stuff.

To be fair, it is pretty cool ^_^

On 9/18/2018 at 12:13 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Honestly, it was originally meant to be more of a cheesy swords-and-sorcery fantasy, until I realized it was going to take ages for the characters to get anywhere. So there's gonna be trains, at least.

Lord of the Rings but they have trains. Honestly though I'd read that. I'm a sucker for those fantasy type stuff :p

17 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

as it turns out, people are attracted to this monstrosity, so I would highly recommend not looking it up.

Don't say that. It'll make people want to look it up XD Though it wasn't as bad as some other stuff I've seen, they just inflated her chest area "a little" >u<;

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Don't say that. It'll make people want to look it up XD Though it wasn't as bad as some other stuff I've seen, they just inflated her chest area "a little" >u<;

Sounds like you've just seen the start of it. I hope you like frilly pink panties.

16 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Now that I live in Da City, there's a comic book shop within walking distance (!) and there was a copy of the Art of MtG there for like $80 or something and man oh man, would I love to gaze upon that for hours.

Have this amazing card art, on me.

Image result for redwood treefolk

I think the artist was high.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:41 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

so I would highly recommend not looking it up. It literally starts at the 4th result on google images, and only gets worse from there on.

Cause it has a sexy bod, I'm not surprised they're attracted to the creature. They probably ignore the head.:wilson_ecstatic:

On 9/19/2018 at 1:33 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

Image result for redwood treefolkI think the artist was high.

I don't think Token or Klei were high when they made Ents and Treeguards.:wilson_sneaky:

If you want to see high, just check out Sid and Marty Croft's H. R. Puffenstuff or Adult Swim's Saul of the Mole men.5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png

Here's a character of mine that I draw... a lot. Holy crap. You guys don't even know.

I like elongated features, yet they're hard to pull off. Add a huge nose to that and you have a character who's always challenging. Thus, they are always rewarding when you get them looking decently.

20180921_142259.thumb.jpg.7f061e588a211347dc8093d2112ecc81.jpg

Coulda made the head smaller, I guess.

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

The outfits of the two characters you posted give me a Victorian/Western vibe. Really curious about more of the plot/lore you'll be laying down.

Where are those tattered rags coming from?:wilson_shocked:

Well, the planet is at about a 19th century level of technology. I should work on diversifying the fashion a little, since it doesn't really take place on Earth.

The demon character was encouraged to dress that way by a human who thought having a dapper demon as a friend would be awesome.

As for the rags, let me tall you about magical cloth. Transcendent entities (the aforementioned demon and the six-armed entity, for example) can manipulate the cloth with minimal mental effort, and sometimes they'll just have it blow around for dramatic effect. That's also how they get clothes that fit them, because they're 3-6 metres tall respectively.

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Now I see what inspired your style for Maxwell XD

Yeah, I should probably tone down the elongation of human characters so that the inhuman characters can look more inhuman comparatively.

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm really curious about the character on the far right besides themummy character.

Eserine the Lich Queen of Narzhica. She's one of my favourites. I'll see about getting a better drawing in here sometimes. Being a skeleton in an overly elaborate outfit, she's difficult to draw.

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

It's Inktober 01, how much longer can I last?

That’s a big mood right there, the art here is amazing I finally went and checked out this thread and I do not regret it. The shading on all the bigger pieces is so amazingly done and how you draw people is fun to look at! Not much more I can say other then w o w.

11 hours ago, geni0529 said:

That’s a big mood right there, the art here is amazing I finally went and checked out this thread and I do not regret it. The shading on all the bigger pieces is so amazingly done and how you draw people is fun to look at! Not much more I can say other then w o w.

Thank you very much! It's great to hear when someone enjoys the weird stuff I spend my time drawing.

Archived