Share your kitchen.

6 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

does the chlorine make it always stay 100% fresh.     or do you also need to have a cold temp.

Lack of Oxygen is what keeps it fresh, just like in RL the germs need Oxygen and a specific temp to grow, that ~why in RL we vacuum seal food packages and once open put it in the freezer to slow their growth.

So gamewise all none breathable gas will keep it fresh (prevent germs from multiplying), CO2 is most common and easy to handle here, but Chlorine has the added benefit that it will also kill the germs (though little more tricky to handle.

Since I don't usually keep a lot of Dupes, my kitchens are usually pretty simple, yet effective, and typically build-able within the first few cycles.  A CO2 trap usually maintains itself fine as long as you don't have drastic pressure changes.  But, just in case, the deoxdizer is right there to maintain the local pressure.  If I felt the need for a sink, I could close it off from the left and add a sink on the right along with another grill, if I so wished.

SimpleKitchen1.thumb.jpg.bc2228044032ffe149a0cd89ddf74282.jpg

38 minutes ago, Cipupec2 said:

This a 16x4ish kitchen idea that I was toying with:

includes chloring food storage, automation, CO2 pump and well for backup

If you build the vent first, you can build the pitcher pump on top of it. However, it will still be blocked so it will not fill enough for the pitcher pump to reach, so no matter what you have to move the vent to either side of the pitcher pump. Similarly, there's absolutely no reason to have the full length of the pitcher pump. One or two tile depth is plenty.

CO2 drifts to the right bottom corner. If you're going to build a CO2 trap. That's where it should be. I'd recommend flipping the design 180.

Something like this would work a lot better overall.

image.thumb.png.c5679866086886d788243256293dbf35.png

EDIT: Replace the mesh tile with an air flow tile. If there ever got liquid  at the air pump it would be a nightmare to get out again. An air tile would prevent that.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:59 PM, QuQuasar said:

My design doubles as a bit of a decor bomb, since dupes eating on the top floor can see the paintings on the bottom through the airflow tiles. Automation keeps the chlorine level steady even when the base oxygen pressure drops.

I prefer chlorine to Co2 as a failsafe for when my hygiene strategies inevitably suffer a cascade failure and my dupes end up swimming in their own filth.

At late game like me decor bomb is just build room with metal tiles, which, give 15 for normal and 22.5 for gold tiles. give much more decor than normal decoration building.

My entire kitchen is built with gold. it give me 200~400 decor per air block.

13 hours ago, Cipupec2 said:

I like it. Also that shower room looks uniqe.  Any more nice looking or designed kitchens?

lol yea  it looks like they get more privacy that way, except for when the far right guy passes through

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, tranoze said:

I know it not a room, but, what the best design you've come up so far? This is my very compact infinitive storage kitchen.

image.png.49cbf3f8e50a48492096ff94d7fefd05.png

I think this is by far the most interesting one.    Only thing I'd add is a deoxidizer for rotted stuff that could create PO2. since it looks like you're only collecting finished cooked stuff,  I believe the uncooked stored  in the grill rots.   Maybe a sink too for the cook so you don't get germs.

The easy access to the food in from that chlorine room is great!

11 hours ago, Saturnus said:

If you build the vent first, you can build the pitcher pump on top of it. However, it will still be blocked so it will not fill enough for the pitcher pump to reach, so no matter what you have to move the vent to either side of the pitcher pump. Similarly, there's absolutely no reason to have the full length of the pitcher pump. One or two tile depth is plenty.

CO2 drifts to the right bottom corner. If you're going to build a CO2 trap. That's where it should be. I'd recommend flipping the design 180.

EDIT: Replace the mesh tile with an air flow tile. If there ever got liquid  at the air pump it would be a nightmare to get out again. An air tile would prevent that.

you left out the mush machine and (sink)   water for backup but the grill doesn't use water.  but yea. this looks good.

You could probably tweak it to have the arm 'drop food rather than the need to actually store the food.  thus reduces the width of the room.  you don't really need to 'store them if its on a drop not/fitter/buffer thingy.  

21 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Only thing I'd add is a deoxidizer for rotted stuff that could create PO2. since it looks like you're only collecting finished cooked stuff,  I believe the uncooked stored  in the grill rots.   Maybe a sink too for the cook so you don't get germs.

I actually have deoxidizer right next to my kitchen and all around my base because puff fly all around, produce so much slime, but all polluted dirt and rots are always delivered to compost.

Cl inside the containing room have pressure of 11 kg, and auto sweeper always sweep roots (i have it's setting to everything), and since pressure is so high, all root, and even if i bring slime there, they wont even produce PO2

27 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

you left out the mush machine and (sink)   water for backup but the grill doesn't use water.  but yea. this looks good.

You could probably tweak it to have the arm 'drop food rather than the need to actually store the food.  thus reduces the width of the room.  you don't really need to 'store them if its on a drop not/fitter/buffer thingy.  

I only focused on rebuilding the bottom part as that was the part needing a makeover.

Yeah, if food is dropped in a sterile environment and out of reach for critters that might eat it then there's no reason to waste space building fridges or other storages. Build fridges if you need the automation output of them otherwise not really needed once you have conveyor technology.

12 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I didn't know that CO2 drifts to the right bottom corner, regardless my CO2 solution is better. It offers a passive separation of gases and activates only if the CO2 overflows (high pressure bellow), while in yours when the pressure drops the pump will be less energy inefficient and eventually can pump other gases.

Here is my right side entrance improvement:
image.thumb.png.9581c8a13002af90e4e0d7643e64ebef.png

Since delivery is automated and the well is for backup, I put the cooking main area on the right to reduce Cooks pathing time

12 minutes ago, Cipupec2 said:

I didn't know that CO2 drifts to the right bottom corner, regardless my CO2 solution is better. It offers a passive separation of gases and activates only if the CO2 overflows (high pressure bellow), while in yours your when the pressure drops the pump will be less energy inefficient and eventually can pump other gases.

Mine is actually almost equally efficient. Test it. I have an element sensor that only pumps when there's CO2 in front of the pump so it'll not pump out any other gases than CO2 (once primed). However, you should note that it was just a rough sketch that took me 2-3 minutes to make to point out some of the flaws in your design and it wasn't meant as a copy/paste blue print. That should be painfully obvious.

Just now, Saturnus said:

I have an element sensor that only pumps when there's CO2 in front of the pump so it'll not pump out any other gases than CO2.

Not when the pressure drops. You pump will keep pumping until there is only enough CO2 for one tile at this point some Chlorine will by pass your sensor to the pump side, and then once more CO2 reach the sensor from above it could be sent down. Meanwhile my solution is more fool proof.

24 minutes ago, Cipupec2 said:

Not when the pressure drops. You pump will keep pumping until there is only enough CO2 for one tile at this point some Chlorine will by pass your sensor to the pump side, and then once more CO2 reach the sensor from above it could be sent down.

Test it. But either way. It hardly matters as it's perhaps a difference of maybe 0.1-0.2W on average we're talking about. And if there's a bit of chlorine in the output then you can just recycle that with a filter. You will need a way to top of the chlorine regards as chlorine tends to get deleted by itself over time when in a mixed gas environment.

Note that element filter like shutoff valves doesn't actually use power (except for the 0.1s it takes to change state). 

5ba07278b5bf4_2018-09-1720_34_50-OxygenNotIncluded.thumb.png.a468fb900927b65108b0c5ed44c44311.png

This was kind of ad-hoc as I was playing, but I basically extended my mealwood farm to double as food storage. Bristle berry harvests are sent here via automation, and meal lice also gets moved to the left of the plants. The cooking stations each have a particular food selected(infinite), where higher quality foods are at a higher priority to make. They are positioned in a way that food just drops down automatically at night. The 2 million kcal is probably all in those two little piles at the bottom.

I could probably cap it with a couple weight plates, and move all excess lower quality food out to spoil and turn into dirt.

35 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

@tranoze can you tell me how the food dropper works? I'm trying to replicate it.

sadly i deleted my save file (cuz my best dup got memory and skill cleared after a space mission, she has 23 learning skill and it just got cleared in one go, so i ll give you all the component of the dropper (not only food, but all type of resources) in debug build...)

First you need a on/off signal generator, you can do it easily by this:image.png.1e2739d8059f1caebad2d3dad93f545c.png

Set both buffer and filter gate to 3 secs. It can decrease depend on how large your base is, if item dont drop, decrease the timer. (sweeper doesnt consume power if it not delivering so dont worry about power at all).

You need to put sweeper above the dropped ground, so it cannot pick up dropped items:image.png.af5462321f252f8c989688d51432401b.png    

Then, connect on/off signal to the sweeper.

The last thing to do is have some storage so sweeper has something it can try to deliver to, like this:image.png.787066641325bc72b6ecb324a110c19c.png

Sweeper will try deliver any item in conveyor receptacle to conveyor loader, and got turn off during pick up time, and drop what ever it picked on the ground and stay there forever.

You should remember that conveyor receptacle and conveyor loader should not be in the same rail if you want sweeper to try to deliver, then, there you have it, the automation dropper.

5 minutes ago, tranoze said:

You should remember that conveyor receptacle and conveyor loader should not be in the same rail if you want sweeper to try to deliver, then, there you have it, the automation dropper.

Thanks! Sorry to hear about what happened to your old save :/ they should get that fixed already. Anyways, its possible to arrange it where I can put a door that pushes the food into the range of the sweeper, right? I plan on making it deliver to my great hall every dinner time.

14 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Thanks! Sorry to hear about what happened to your old save :/ they should get that fixed already. Anyways, its possible to arrange it where I can put a door that pushes the food into the range of the sweeper, right? I plan on making it deliver to my great hall every dinner time.

You can look at my build, the door is just to close my great hall as a room because i want it to have 4 mesh table each side so i cant put door any where else, and if i don't add a door there it wont count that room as a room.

image.png.49cbf3f8e50a48492096ff94d7fefd05.png

This is the most compact way i've thought of, if i know how your great hall look like i think i could help more.

Add a chimney/fireplace to your dinning room is not that hard right?

15 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

my great hall was there since i had nothing to do with the printer except for the light it provides 

Oh that easy, change your refrigerator for this food place, you can keep refrigerator there if you want any food to germs free

image.png.0d6c55d60fe52e9afa381c62687ccac7.png 

wait, change the air flow tile below the ration box to normal tile, you dont want any chlorine float around your base.

Automation image.png.c0cde142657e9fc26300ae5179cf41c6.png

Shipping image.png.a765d1c2b2b4ee43eb867013a1cf4d88.png

image.png

Archived