[Game Update] - 284571

My game crashed when my rocket landed on return from a mission. I was able to reload the last autosave and continue. Crash was submitted for analysis.

My rocket was crewed by 2 astronauts named Frankie and Stinky. When it returned from the mission Frankie was gone and there were two Stinkys.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:04 PM, JarrettM said:

We feel it’s approaching time to shift our focus to polish, usability, and content backfill. There is plenty of work to be done in those categories.

Hope you are going to introduce multi threaded workload for ONI! Factorio is another game like ONI... but is running perfectly fine in my low end laptop. Hope ONI will soon pull off the same.

So, I see you have decided to make solar panels opaque again.  I really wish you would make up your mind on this.  

It seems you still haven't put back the damage meter for buildings.  It used to be nice to be able to see when a building had taken damage.

And now that we're all back to retraining everyone in the 'job assignments' screen, why, oh why, couldn't you alphabetize the duplicant list, or at least give us the option between alpha order and whatever randomness you have chosen?!

I was really hoping that you would have fixed the gas and water flow model such that a backed up (or blocked by a value) pipe coming off a 'T' would allow for full flow to the other non-blocked pipe (you know, like in real life).  But sadly, it's still the same - max flow out of a 'T' is 50%....  

Sunburned while working in the observatory?  Really?  That is just plain mean.

Oh, and there is a bug in there.  Only someone who has the trait "Research Telescope Researching" is supposed to be allowed to use the telescope.  This trait is only listed for the Tenured Scientist, however Banhi, my Scientist in training, is able to use it as well as Ada, my extra crispy Tenured Scientist..

Observatory Sunburn.jpg

Observatory Skill.jpg

Observatory Use by Unskilled Dup.jpg

Edited by Misca
  • Like 1

Sour gas instead of natural gas from boiling oil now, huh?  And at over 1000F, no less, guaranteeing that it is impossible to get rid of. So in this one update, you nerfed solar panels AND natural gas generation?  You already decided to boil my plants in the expressive update making food generation exponentially more difficult..  Not to mention the purple meteors (thanks, space update) that are slowly eating their way down through my base because steel is so out of reach.  Games are supposed to be fun to play, but you turn this into more of a nightmare with every update.  The message I am getting loud and clear is "we're ruining this game, go find something else to play..."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Misca said:

And at over 1000F, no less, guaranteeing that it is impossible to get rid of.

You can get nat gas from it if you cool it down.

2 hours ago, Misca said:

steel is so out of reach

You got lime from fossils making it much more accessible.

@Sasza22 Cooling it doesn't help if you can't use it.  Natural gas generators don't want it.  And natural gas generation from dumping oil on magma has been significantly reduced.  That mostly only produces sour gas now.

Fossils.  Interesting.  I assume these would appear randomly while digging?  Guess that will help in new games.  My current base has most land areas cleared - either by me or by meteors :(.  

19 minutes ago, Misca said:

@Sasza22 Cooling it doesn't help if you can't use it.  Natural gas generators don't want it.  And natural gas generation from dumping oil on magma has been significantly reduced.  That mostly only produces sour gas now.

Fossils.  Interesting.  I assume these would appear randomly while digging?  Guess that will help in new games.  My current base has most land areas cleared - either by me or by meteors :(.  

You didn`t uderstand me. Sour gas changes into nat gas and sulfur when liquified (something like 40% nat gas to 60% sulfur) so you can get nat gas from it just needs a more complicated process.

Fossils are a new rock type spawning in the oil biome. Crushing 100 kg gives you 5 kg lime. They spawn in pretty large amounts. Enough to build a full shield over the asteroid without using any lime from eggs.

12 hours ago, Cipupec2 said:

Since when we have combat?!

Only instance of combat is when you order the dupes to attack a critter. Hatches and dreckos will fight back and can damage the dupes. But even if that happens the dupe will be incapacitated first. Also i don`t think they do too much damage.

Awesome!

I really have the feeling that this is a good moment to get to polishing. I have no doubts that you have loads of ideas to add challenges and content to the game, so I'd love to see you clean up, what has been done so far, and then move on to all the crazy, funny, great plans you have to keep our dups entertained ^^ Can't wait!

Building and launching the rockets has been pretty fun, but I've been very unimpressed by their capacity. One bio container sent to the ice planet takes 9 cycles and returns 3 weezwart seeds and 12 sleet wheat grains. That's it? That's pretty useless. Similarly a cargo flight bringing back 1 ton of assorted raw or refined metals, not impressed. I know you can scale up the rockets to a point, but but no matter how big you build it it can't begin to justify its costs in time, space, research, training, infrastructure, and resources. 

Maybe the Gassy Moo's are awesome? I hope so, that's about all I've got left to strive for.

16 hours ago, Tragar said:

returns 3 weezwart seeds

Wheezeworts can be only obtained that way so if you want more than the ones you get from mining the asteroid you are left with that.

As for the Moo people say it`s not too impressive either but i got a feeling it`s going to get improved in the next upgrade. Still hoping for it giving milk of some sort.

• Like 1

No more relationship\interactions updates for Dupes? It's so sad((( It would be so interesting to see further expanding of life behavior. I understand that's it's not The Sims (sorry for typing this) but deeper role behavior (such as friendship, enemies, couples, hooligans) would fit nicely in the game!!!

Thank you for the game! Love it!