[Game Update] - 284571

10 minutes ago, Jackblac said:

They added fossil tiles to map gen. They can be crushed in rock crusher for lime and sedimentary rock

I'm pretty sure that's not exactly what he meant though. He probably meant if there some much needed improvements in the POI overlap handling.

21 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I'm pretty sure that's not exactly what he meant though. He probably meant if there some much needed improvements in the POI overlap handling.

Like the ninja change on tinier abyssalite biome walls on previous updates ? :)

@Carnis Look at R9MX4 bug report post here, plus steam is buggy too, weird thing....

1 minute ago, rafker said:

I am still waiting for slicksters fix (infinitely staying at place and not being able to poop and eat)

Isn't that fixed already?

Slicksters will prioritize egg laying over inhaling so that they will lay eggs more reliably in low gas availability environments.

It just says egg-laying, but isnt it the same issue?

4 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Isn't that fixed already?

if only. It maybe even got worse, because that could kinda work before (eating on mesh tiles, pooping inside crude oil puddles)
Now it doesn't work that much

image.thumb.png.79c27a36bb22728eba5f09bb75c5d215.png

Slickstres still require to be NOT in CO2 to be able to poop (sometimes works if slickster in liquid, like on the picture, but very , VERY randomly)

Edited by rafker

2 minutes ago, rafker said:

if only. It maybe even got worse, because that could kinda work before (eating on mesh tiles, pooping inside crude oil puddles)
Now it doesn't work that much

image.thumb.png.79c27a36bb22728eba5f09bb75c5d215.png

umm, why not have all mesh tile floor? i find it easiest then, just have a floor below to gather the oil or petrol.

• Like 1

Just now, Xadhoom said:

umm, why not have all mesh tile floor? i find it easiest then, just have a floor below to gather the oil or petrol.

Slickstres still require to be NOT in CO2 to be able to poop (sometimes works if slickster in liquid, like on the picture, but very , VERY randomly)

Just now, rafker said:

umm, what? every time i ranched them i just used mesh tiles, its been working fine.

6 minutes ago, QuantumFlux said:

I saw mention of a Steam Engine (remember the one that is currently in the game is called Steam Turbine) in the other patch note thingie, anyone know anything about that? Seems like we could build Jules Verne style steam powered rockets?!

Good catch. But my best guess is that it's a copy-paste error. It might be one of the space-techs that will be released in the october updates.

• The game now has rockets.
  • New Buildings: Steam Engine, Kerosene Rocket Engine, Liquid Fuel Tank, Cargo Bay, Gas Cargo Tank, Liquid Cargo Tank, Command Module, Gantry, Cargo Bay, Astronaut Training Center, Telescope, Oxylite Refinery, Liquid Reservoir, Gas Reservoir, Gas Bottler, Gas Bottle Emptier

Edited by blash365

1 minute ago, blash365 said:

Good catch. But my best guess is that it's a copy-paste error. It might be one of the space-techs that will be released in the october updates.

Yea, I had a good look around the tech tree searching for it. They probably have it in another branch in their version control and mixed it up, or maybe it was planned to be a sort of surprise building for this release but ended up getting cut because it wasn't quite ready.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xadhoom said:

umm, what? every time i ranched them i just used mesh tiles, its been working fine.

It seems you were right (in some way): they definitely fixed that one exact problem with surrounding CO2. The problem is now that they break on ultra-speed (which is still sad)

2 minutes ago, Cipupec2 said:

How does that work?

works pretty much like the pitcher pump and the bottle emptier, except the canister filler has an input pipe and the canister emptier just releases into the air around instead of in a specific tile. you can even auto-bottle gasses

1 hour ago, QuantumFlux said:

I saw mention of a Steam Engine (remember the one that is currently in the game is called Steam Turbine) in the other patch note thingie, anyone know anything about that? Seems like we could build Jules Verne style steam powered rockets?!

I think that it's a rocket engine not yet implemented

Spoiler

5b8d6293168f3_rocketsteamengine.thumb.png.e4071d744dd4c7b7afe096b83c067427.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bomato said:

wow, my dupes are actually fast! my game slowed down to a crawl on cycle 370 on preview with 8 fps, lol. now its running ok again, but it's still just 20-30fps on my high-spec PC (Ryzen 1700, 16bg ram, GTX 1080 Ti). Is the game that badly optimized or are there any settings I can configure to improve performance?

Its a single core game...Lots of threads in the forum on the details. The change of settings would be to swap the cpu xD

Edited by babba