[Game Update] - 284355

Just now, _Q_ said:

I don't play it, it went down the drain at least for now. I admit it still has some potential left but given the current direction of development I doubt it will be anything more than pretty screen saver.

Wow.  I don't get your point of view at all.  I have a blast with the game and I've been enjoying all of the changes.   Its unfortunate that you don't think it is fun anymore -- personally I'm loving this game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thewreckedangle said:

no-one is forcing you to play.

#1 Fan-boy comment. 

Critique is always a positive thing, unless worded in the likes of "this is garbage" and "I don't like this".

Being able to point out what is not good or is not working to someones satisfaction is a good tool for the developers. 

Or would you think you would fare well in this world if everyone only said positive things to you, even if you made blunders? - I honestly doubt that.

• Like 2

Just now, SkunkMaster said:

#1 Fan-boy comment. 

#1 expected response for anyone defending anything.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Klei is forcing us not to play though

it was a simple error and undoubtedly will be fixed before i even finish typing this.

2 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

The gas simulation should be fixed as of 284372. Sorry about the trouble!

lo and behold

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Klei is forcing us not to play though

I'm confused. HOW are they forcing us NOT to play?   They've allowed us to experience a game while they're in the development process of this game.  We can play, with the caveat that "this is very buggy because we're still developing it."  They could have waited until the beta stage, or even until the production stage to let us play -- either case would prevent us from playing because the game isn't to that point yet.  But they're not.. they're letting us play while they work on it.  

THANKS KLEI!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I don't play it, it went down the drain at least for now. I admit it still has some potential left but given the current direction of development I doubt it will be anything more than pretty screen saver.

I said the same thing about Prison Architect after I played off and on for eight months.

49 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I'm confused. HOW are they forcing us NOT to play?

Quick and very necessary hotfix solved the issue. Sort of.

What are you talking about? Did you try the previous update before the hotfix? I doubt it or you would have agreed that you simply could not play the game at all since gas tiles did not interact with eachother at all. Oxylite didn't sublimate any oxygen etc etc. It would literally be unplayable in that state thus forcing you not to play.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Haha 1

Just now, Saturnus said:

Quick and very necessary hotfix solved the issue.

What are you talking about? Did you try the previous update before the hotfix? I doubt it or you would have agreed that you simple could not play the game at all since gas tiles did not interact with eachother at all. Oxylite didn't sublimate any oxygen etc etc. It would literally be unplayable in that state thus forcing you not to play.

Klei has been pretty quick to fix game breaking problems.  I was assuming that the problem would be fixed before too long and was not going to be a permanent problem.  Your statement made it sound like you expected the problem to persist.

1 minute ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I'm confused. HOW are they forcing us NOT to play?   They've allowed us to experience a game while they're in the development process of this game.  We can play, with the caveat that "this is very buggy because we're still developing it."  They could have waited until the beta stage, or even until the production stage to let us play -- either case would prevent us from playing because the game isn't to that point yet.  But they're not.. they're letting us play while they work on it.  

THANKS KLEI!!!

I don't think you see the whole picture here.

We, as alpha/beta / pre-release / early access "testers" are doing Klei a bigger favor then they do us.

We MASS test the game on a multitude of setups most likely unavailable to Klei.

We come with feedback from a player perspective, not just a tester perspective or programmers perspective. 

We pay them, in advance, for a game that is not even fully done. 

So while sure, Klei has to put up with a lot of "stuff", since so many different players also introduce that many different voices, If you watch the big picture you would understand that we as the players actually do Klei the bigger favor, and not the other way around.

That all said, i still enjoy playing this game, even in it's not finished form, and i'm glad if me paying for it earlier and contributing critique results in the game coming out faster, and maybe even results in a better end-product.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

No seriously gas and liquid tanks are still on the top of research tree.

Meh, no point.

Will just get Rimworld at the end of the month.

How does gas and liquid tanks at the top of the tech tree prevent you from enjoying the game? I'm completely confused.  I mean, you could go to the feedback forum and post your reasons why they should be moved.. but instead you're saying: "I'm done playing.  This game sucks. Bye now!"  That is not helpful at all.

5 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

How does gas and liquid tanks at the top of the tech tree prevent you from enjoying the game? I'm completely confused.  I mean, you could go to the feedback forum and post your reasons why they should be moved.. but instead you're saying: "I'm done playing.  This game sucks. Bye now!"  That is not helpful at all.

I can build big room with gas vent and store gas there instead of researching 150kg gas tank.

The gas and liquid tanks are like totally early game stuff, could be good to prevent wasting hydrogen, and should be on research tree and game time in that area when you set up your first electrolyzer, I don't have any use for them in late game whatsoever. Not to mention the actual storage space they have. You can build every system without them like usual with a bit of automation.

Also nothing really happens in this game, you just build stuff and survive. Germs are totally irrelevant, finally after 141 cycles on hardest setting the immunity of ONE of my duplicants reached 1%.

After you set up exosuits you can pretty much do whatever you want on entire map without any risk whatsoever.

So this is just ultimate time waster instead of having fun and some EVENTS.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

This is starting to look like a never ending loop where bugs fixed are just bugs that have been re-introduced, just to be re-introduced and re-fixed? at a later time...

Welcome to software design. I imagine the code is fairly complex for this game so it's understandable. Without automated testing of most features between build/release there are bound to be new bugs. Separation of concerns might be violated. If they had a basic base they could have manually loaded it up and seen issues before release. I suspect they'll fix these pretty fast though. *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I can build big room with gas vent and store gas there instead of researching 150kg gas tank.

The gas and liquid tanks are like totally early game stuff, could be good to prevent wasting hydrogen, and should be on research tree and game time in that area when you set up your first electrolyzer, I don't have any use for them in late game whatsoever. Not to mention the actual storage space they have. You can build every system without them like usual with a bit of automation.

Also nothing really happens in this game, you just build stuff and survive. Germs are totally irrelevant, finally after 141 cycles on hardest setting the immunity of ONE of my duplicants reached 1%.

After you set up exosuits you can pretty much do whatever you want on entire map without any risk whatsoever.

So this is just ultimate time waster instead of having fun and some EVENTS.

So post those reasons to move the tanks into the feedback forum.  

As for "nothing happens," well... there's nothing wrong with that.  I don't need surprise events or disasters in order to have fun.  If I sit down to build a robot, its more enjoyable for me if "nothing happens" during the assembly process.  In fact, its frustrating when "something" does happen (my cat steals a piece and runs off with it).  I like to challenge myself, and see how different systems interact with each other.  *shrug*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

So post those reasons to move the tanks into the feedback forum.  

As for "nothing happens," well... there's nothing wrong with that.  I don't need surprise events or disasters in order to have fun.  If I sit down to build a robot, its more enjoyable for me if "nothing happens" during the assembly process.  In fact, its frustrating when "something" does happen (my cat steals a piece and runs off with it).  I like to challenge myself, and see how different systems interact with each other.  *shrug*

Nothing will change. It will only get worse, without proper modding support this game is dead, as I don't see Klei making anything for few people that find the game to easy.

Anyway there is no point to this, I'm leaving this game for now, and will check on it after they finally figure out what game they want to make.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

Nothing will change. It will only get worse, without proper modding support this game is dead, as I don't see Klei making anything for few people that find the game to easy.

Anyway there is no point to this, I'm leaving this game for now, and will check on it after they finally figure out what game they want to make.

I can tell you are still salty after Don't Starve, glad to see you are still around at least.

EDIT:
That last part sounded sarcastic but I mean it, It's nice to see some Eldritch are still lurking around in the forums.

Edited by Moonkis

• Cargo bays now return a total of one tonne of resources.

1000 kg of materials from rocket? are u kidding me? all this hassle with rocket setup for 1 tonn per 3+ cycles? 1 duplicant can move 1600 kg from one place to another and a full blown rocket moves less :D yeah it brings new resources but thanks for the info - i would not even bother to build it in survival mode

4 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Solar panels and the steam turbine now obstruct light.

You must be kidding me!

It took me 30 hours to finally build my first solar farm in survival mode 30 min ago...fail.thumb.jpg.264bad9f20dc4f353f0a5dafec246981.jpg...and now its useless...

Solar farms are already so hard to set up, why nerfing them even more?

View full update

Edited by Steve Raptor

25 minutes ago, Steve Raptor said:

Hey don't be so upset buddy, things like this are bound to happen when you play an early access game, sometimes your marvelous invention won't work the next day because the devs decided to add an extra line of code.

But look at the bright side, they realized that producing eco-friendly steel was just not cutting it if you wanted to protect the asteroid from getting eating alive by meteorites. You either had to sacrifice your colony, or your CPU. But hey, now we can turn dinosaurs into steel by extracting the non-renewable fossil from the oil biome. Sure you can still go eco-friendly, but Jurassic Steel is way easier and faster to produce, and it doesn't make your computer download an emotion module so it can wish to die. 

So cheer up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Deustodo said:

Hey don't be so upset buddy, things like this are bound to happen when you play an early access game, sometimes your marvelous invention won't work the next day because the devs decided to add an extra line of code.

But look at the bright side, they realized that producing eco-friendly steel was just not cutting it if you wanted to protect the asteroid from getting eating alive by meteorites. You either had to sacrifice your colony, or your CPU. But hey, now we can turn dinosaurs into steel by extracting the non-renewable fossil from the oil biome. Sure you can still go eco-friendly, but Jurassic Steel is way easier and faster to produce, and it doesn't make your computer download an emotion module so it can wish to die. 

So cheer up.

*Sniff* Il try