How to create a vacuum gate automation

14 hours ago, Flydo said:

You can also use a design like this for the same effect and easy to build in early game (use a gas filter if you want to separate gaz).

image.png.c7425ff45830633573a98fbdde7b294d.png

In case someone's curious, it takes 7 pumps like this to keep vacuum on one end. (doors don't need to be powered, and athletics skill doesn't matter)

21 hours ago, jfc said:

Pretty sure i tried this before and there' always some gas that manages to get in

Never have this kind of trouble and i use it since so much time now, but it can happen when you have a huge different of pressure between the room (like 2Kg in one side, 20 Kg in the other) so another airlock is needed (but most of the time i don't really need to enter in a 20 Kg pressure room)

19 hours ago, kuroko0820 said:

and need to setup power system just for that, and power wasted each time duplicant access.

So few Watts the vaccum is made so quickly, don't really care

18 hours ago, greggbert said:

Doesnt that pop your eardrums?

Nope, dupe neither pass to a vaccuum zone.

14 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

In case someone's curious, it takes 7 pumps like this to keep vacuum on one end. (doors don't need to be powered, and athletics skill doesn't matter)

Interesting, you just need a corridor and with 7 pump you can maintain the vaccuum in other side?

Did pressure matters? Did you need more pump if 20 Kg pressure?

5 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

I meant door/pump/door/pump and so on with 7 pumps. The pressure doesn't matter.

So much to maintain vaccuum?

So now i have a question in my head, for what system you have tested something like, i'm curious

Archived