How to get a bunch of skins?

6 minutes ago, ZeZesRevenge said:

I play the game quite much but still hasnt got anything beautiful yet. And can I obtain old event Items and such?

The current skin system is garbage. Even if you play a lot, the odds of the higher rarity are so low you're lucky just to ever see one. And it will likely not be a skin you wanted. So if you want a specific skin, you'll likely have to buy it.

You can not get old event items unless they're tradeable. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the event to return.

12 minutes ago, ZeZesRevenge said:

I play the game quite much but still hasnt got anything beautiful yet. And can I obtain old event Items and such?

Currently you cannot get or weave old event skins. Maybe they'll be accessible at a later point, but nothing is confirmed on that. But the winter and halloween skins will likely return this year too, at the same time as last year (again, likely, not surely).

Getting nice skins takes quite... long. They are extremely rare.

18 hours ago, Lumina said:

Forge will return, i'm pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere here.

True, devs wrote about this - all events should back.

18 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The current skin system is garbage. Even if you play a lot, the odds of the higher rarity are so low you're lucky just to ever see one. And it will likely not be a skin you wanted. So if you want a specific skin, you'll likely have to buy it.

You can not get old event items unless they're tradeable. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the event to return.

I play since closed beta - never got elegant head skin :D only from event i bought  // I have 2k hours in DST

I play since the game got out of beta, 1800 hours in, and got about 3 head skins and 5 or 6 elegant clothing. You get them, its just pretty hard and takes a very long time. The market has waaay too pricey items, I wouldn't recommend unless you really really want a specific skin you are not able to get otherwise.
The best thing to do IMHO is to weave and buy events skins: You'll have a lot of stuff to play with, they are quite easy to craft if you play during the events, and if you buy them, they have reasonable prizes while you help the devs to continue support the game.

I have 2,707 hours in the game. I've only gotten 2 (maybe 3, can't remember) elegant skins from normal gifts. Your chances of getting elegants is much greater during events as the chests grant 4 items (and might have a raised chance, unsure).

That said I have a total of 70 elegants. Primarily by purchasing the skin packs during events, or grinding for spool during events. Those last options are your best chance at getting (certain) skins, though not all skins can be obtained like this (and doing so can take a lot of time).

Acquiring a complete collection of non-event skins will require you to visit the steam market for less than ideal prices.

17 hours ago, ZeZesRevenge said:

Hi Everyone!

I have been playing Dst for a while but I only have a few skins.I see guys that have completed all the collections.How do they do it and how can I?

Thanks for all answers and hopefully you get an elegant skin :D

Play a lot, at around 500 hours you should have a decent skin collection.

Just now, ZeZesRevenge said:

I have 173 hours but at first I did not know anything and I unweaved everything I got  :(

Then you've just lost all of your items. If you really play a lot you should have 4 skins per week.

At this exact moment I have 545 hours in DST. I have 220 skins, because I'm very active.

getting good skins is pretty much based on your luck as an example when i bought the game i gifted the second copy to my friend while he has far lesser playtime he got 3 elegants with 130 hours of play whilst i have about 390 hours and the best ive got was the "austere endtable" which i got very recently also from personal experience the most players the most likely you will get a gift i played with my friends for an hour and i got 2 gifts

1 hour ago, crystal_clodet said:

getting good skins is pretty much based on your luck as an example when i bought the game i gifted the second copy to my friend while he has far lesser playtime he got 3 elegants with 130 hours of play whilst i have about 390 hours

Honestly, I think the skin drop system might actually reward you for playing less. I hear about this situation a lot, and after long breaks from playing the game it seems like one of my first few gifts are usually a spiffy or better.

Of course, there's not really any proof... but it seems like a fairly suspicious coincidence to me...

8 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, I think the skin drop system might actually reward you for playing less. I hear about this situation a lot, and after long breaks from playing the game it seems like one of my first few gifts are usually a spiffy or better.

Of course, there's not really any proof... but it seems like a fairly suspicious coincidence to me...

I also noticed this... two friends of mine, who rarely ever play (we play once every 2-3 month, or even more rarely), get a lot better skins in average then me. 

And just you said, it could be coincidence... but it's a bit much of coincidence in my opinion. But who knows...

Btw, as I played on a Klei Official someone just go the bumble spear. I don't know how much hours they got, but they didn't know (yet) how rare this skin actually is.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Once I left The game for some time and I got shadow frock from wickerbottom.

So klei might simply secretly encourage you to enjoy your life a Little bit aswell.

6 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I also noticed this... two friends of mine, who rarely ever play (we play once every 2-3 month, or even more rarely), get a lot better skins in average then me. 

And just you said, it could be coincidence... but it's a bit much of coincidence in my opinion. But who knows...

Btw, as I played on a Klei Official someone just go the bumble spear. I don't know how much hours they got, but they didn't know (yet) how rare this skin actually is.

4 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

Once I left The game for some time and I got shadow frock from wickerbottom.

So klei might simply secretly encourage you to enjoy your life a Little bit aswell.

wow this seem to somewhat be 2 good to be real but also somewhat true. I haven't play on my ult for couple weeks, not months though. But when I came back on. I got the elegant straw hat skin but that was the only time I ever one an elegant skin oof ;(

Archived