Sign in to follow this  
bluelover929

bf's game is using my save, we have different accounts. ??? :/

bluelover929    10

Not sure if this is a bug or not implemented but...I gave the second key to my boyfriend, so he logged onto google on my computer. Only problem is that after activating his game it still used my save :/ we have separate accounts so is there any way to have separate saves or no? He only has a mac and comes over frequently (we share the comp. alot)

if this should be in suggestions I'm sorry :confused:

Kevin    3720

You can log in as different chrome users. Your save information is stored in a directory associated with your chrome account.

burfl    13

No bluelover, Kevin isn't talking about logging in/out of Google accounts. He's talking about switching Chrome users. Two completely different things.

Click the icon that used to be a wrench (now it's like three horizontal lines) and select "settings" or just type "about:settings" in the omnibar (URL bar). Near the bottom of the settings page is a list of users for the browser. While you can sync them with a Google account, they are not the same thing. Create a new one and you will be able to switch between these browser users, which will each have their own local files and thus a different save game in Don't Starve. In fact, you can use this trick to create multiple saves for yourself and play in different worlds all on the same account.

bluelover929    10

ahh I see now. alright I feel very silly now. :rolleyes: I saw that tab while looking for a way to import accounts and whatnot...I just thought it was asking for a new account, not existing...well now I know. thank you very much for putting up with that :p heh

burfl    13

You're welcome. I wouldn't feel silly if I were you; I've used Chrome for several years now and didn't know it has a "users" feature until Kevin posted about it here on this forum.

Sign in to follow this