Rocketry Upgrade Testing Branch Now Open! - [Game Update] - 282822

9 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

The trivial ones are exploity though (as in devs tried to kill them before).

As long as the game relies on only one substance per tile they can tweak all they like. It will always be exploitable. Learn to live with it.

Water sieves having fixed output temp though. Pretty easy to fix.

I don't mind the storage buildings offering less storage space than our own contraptions and rooms.

Granted - the game should incentivise coming up with your own set-ups instead of buildings (imho), and by this measure liquid/gas storages are not a step in the right direction. BUT:

• these storages are mostly used early game or for rudimentary projects, and as such have limited usability
  • you can't automate them, so if you want something more advanced -  you build storage rooms and equip them with everything you need
  • storage rooms outperform the storage buildings in terms of space and flexibility

So, as long as buildings are less powerful than player's own set-ups, I'm all for them.

Edited by Tobruk
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grimgaw said:

The same way that backspace button (debug) is exploitable. It's not as much living with it, but not using it.

Then don't complain about it. There's nothing wrong with exploiting game mechanics. In fact it's commendable but if you choose not to that's fine too.

Edited by Saturnus

It's quite amusing watching streamers (I guess tons of players do it too) play on hardest settings and use these tricks.

Lets make the game really hard so I can get some challenge in game I mastered. ...and use these tricks to make it trivial. Logic.

4 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

I am wondering if i should continue my new save or just go back to my old one.

I would wait a bit with new saves. I'd REALLY hope that world gen gets adjusted to guarantee Chlorine geyser.

You wouldn't want to realize at cycle 1000, when you bring moos back from space, that you have nothing to feed them.

2 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

I would wait a bit with new saves. I'd REALLY hope that world gen gets adjusted to guarantee Chlorine geyser.

You wouldn't want to realize at cycle 1000, when you bring moos back from space, that you have nothing to feed them.

My world gen does.... bu thats cuz i tweaked it haha.

For me its more the fact I usually don't have or use petroleum until several hundred cycles in usually... I have a new save with a leaky oil fissure close to my base which I need to figure out how I will cap it. 

Out of curiosity, did the meteor shower have been fixed ? They are supposed to start when you discover the surface but, in reality, start on the very first cycle (I have tried to find something about that but found nothing so far)

19 hours ago, AzeTheGreat said:

My thoughts so far:

Gas Reservoir - What's the point?  21 tiles to store 150kg.  That's worse than a high pressure gas vent.

The gas resorvoir only displaces 15 Tiles (3x5). It only needs raw metals to produce whereas a high pressure gas vent needs plastic.

The Gas Resorvoir is more convenient as well because you wont need a pump and therefore no electricity to get the gas out of the reservoir.

The high pressure gas vent tank also needs walls to be enclosed. This means that the high pressure gas vent tank would only store more gas per tile if the tank was big (we are talking bigger than 4x4). 4 x 4 x 20 kg = 320 kg. To enclose this you would at least need 4 x 4  = 16 more tiles. 320 kg / ( 4 x 4 tiles + 16 tiles ) = 10 kg/tile, resulting in a tie. A 5x5 tank would only store 11 % more gas per tile than the gas reservoire.

Edited by MTzu
Typo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MTzu said:

The gas resorvoir only displaces 15 Tiles (3x5). It only needs raw metals to produce whereas a high pressure gas vent needs plastic.

The Gas Resorvoir is more convenient as well because you wont need a pump and therefore no electricity to get the gas out of the reservoir.

The high pressure gas vent tank also needs walls to be enclosed. This means that the high pressure gas vent tank would only store more gas per tile if the tank was big (we are talking bigger than 4x4). 4 x 4 x 20 kg = 320 kg. To enclose this you would at least need 4 x 4  = 16 more tiles. 320 kg / ( 4 x 4 tiles + 16 tiles ) = 10 kg/tile, resulting in a tie. A 5x5 tank would only store 11 % more gas per tile than the gas reservoire.

To add to this, you can put a resevoir in your high pressure tank!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tobruk said:

I don't mind the storage buildings offering less storage space than our own contraptions and rooms.

Granted - the game should incentivise coming up with your own set-ups instead of buildings (imho), and by this measure liquid/gas storages are not a step in the right direction. BUT:

• these storages are mostly used early game or for rudimentary projects, and as such have limited usability
  • you can't automate them, so if you want something more advanced -  you build storage rooms and equip them with everything you need
  • storage rooms outperform the storage buildings in terms of space and flexibility

So, as long as buildings are less powerful than player's own set-ups, I'm all for them.

if you haven't noticed these storage buildings are one of the latest techs. if it's an "early-game" than i'm a penguin

• Thanks 1

First of all, it's a interesting update.

Many nice ideas.

• A new Critter (SUPER)
  • A new Plant (Design is not finished yet, are they ?)
  • Rockets (base idea, the implementation is bad)
  • Telescope (NEW tech building to research, yay)
  • Gas Bottler

The main issue I have with this update is, that they add a lot of stuff, that add some new building sites to the game. They expand the cosmic part and the keynote is really good, but there are still so many building sites in the game and they become more and more.

The Starmap is another thing. How others said, it has a feeling like a browser game.

The rockets are too big! Maybe a real rocket is to small, but the other things in the game haven't also the right dimension. Think of the volcanoes and the dupes size. Make it smaller!

Petroleum as the fuel is not good selected. The Oil is at the bottom of the map. Pipe it from the bottom to the top is a performance thing. More pipes, fewer FPS. Why not add kerosene or a special rocket fuel ?

The regolith debris  are still in there. The most annoying thing ever.

The game need a really great bugfix release. Maybe u should intermit the next update and release a bugfix release only.

Edited by DustFireSky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

The rockets are too big! Maybe a real rocket is to small, but the other things in the game haven't also the right dimension. Think of the volcanoes and the dupes size. Make it smaller!

I totally agree on that. Doors are not big enough to let the rocket through... And I talk about bunker doors...

If I recall right from yesterday, the liquid fuel tank of the rocket can contains 900kg of petroleum to fuel a rocket. And it takes 5x5 tiles. One tile in the asteroid can contain 900kg of petroleum alone...

Petroleum as the fuel is not good selected. The Oil is at the bottom of the map. Pipe it from the bottom to the top is a performance thing. More pipes, fewer FPS. Why not add kerosene or a special rocket fuel ?

I agree on that. It's redondant to have petroleum as fuel. Maybe sour gas ? So we must throttle the production to get a lot of petroleum to produce power and a bit of sour gas to fuel our rockets ? Naphta may not be the right answer but would be in the right direction.

The regolith debris  are still in there. The most annoying thing ever.

Those are fun to mess around at the start to handle the temperature. But the debris are just unbearable after a while. You can't put them into compactors indefinitely. Maybe heat it to liquefaction and vent it into space but stil... You need to add a ton of heat to melt it ! ^^

• Thanks 1