Rocketry Upgrade Testing Branch Now Open! - [Game Update] - 282822

Just now, watermelen671 said:

I'm...not entirely sure. Okay, lemme level with ya. I have 0 idea what I'm talking about when it comes to all of the sciencey stuff that you see people going on about here.

Me too.. we should start a club.

The ONI non-smarty pants club for girls (and boys)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

Ohhh,, ok.. I get how they are the same now, but how would that nerf the water sieve? Have they actually changed the fixed temp or do you just mean that there is less reason to keep PW for any reason? (mind as well convert it unless you need some for plants)

You could put more heat on the PWater and then switch to the water and "kill" that temperature

Every 1ºC Pwater rises needed more heat than normal water.

Just now, Christophlette said:

Steel is still the same. But there is fossil in the oil biome that can be turned into slime and sedimentary rock in the crusher. SO you get more lime :)

How do slime and sed rock provide lime?

6 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

Ohhh,, ok.. I get how they are the same now, but how would that nerf the water sieve? Have they actually changed the fixed temp or do you just mean that there is less reason to keep PW for any reason? (mind as well convert it unless you need some for plants)

It seems that the sieve still outputs at a constant 40 degree celsius. I think this just means that the heat output of the sieve is increased.

1 minute ago, chemie said:

fossil in the rock granulator produces lime

Sadly I can't test this update. Almost every time I click on the starmap button or shortcut it crashes. And the building to reach the rocket that seems to be a mobile bridge crashes my game every time I try to move it on the screen before placing it.

1 minute ago, chemie said:

Into lime sorry...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

Steel is still the same. But there is fossil in the oil biome that can be turned into slime and sedimentary rock in the crusher. SO you get more lime :)

Glad to hear about fossils (even if I was holding out for a limestone biome).  I'm not sure how fossils convert to slime, though.  Not that I'm not happy to have another (much needed) source of the stuff.

7 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

5 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I'm...not entirely sure. Okay, lemme level with ya. I have 0 idea what I'm talking about when it comes to all of the sciencey stuff that you see people going on about here.

Polluted water used to hold 50% more energy per degree C/F than normal water, now it is the same. The nerf to specific heat capacity also means that you no longer magically lose energy when you turn polluted water into clean water. That is what made polluted water boilers create net cooling. It also made water sieve cooling systems excessively powerful but they still work due to fixed output temperatures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BadlyBurned said:

AHHHHH!!!!!! :D

Seriously, I'm having a heart attack!! Way better than I ever thought!!!!!! I don't remember anyone suggesting something like this, its totally out of left field. I really thought you guys might just make a "reset planet" endgame like with Don't Starve. This is sooooooo much better.

At the very most I thought space flight would be an endgame to "escape the planet".. not something to renew the map of resources needed and unique things you can't get elsewhere.

You guys are amazing!!

Also:

• Water and Polluted Water now have the same SHC so that the water purifier won't magically cause a loss of energy

What on earth is an SHC? I don't speak Science!!!

• Plants will now sleep at night.

You trolling us? lol

Someone please post a pic of the Gassy Moo and the new plant... I can't find anything and I don't want to die before I get home. Please and thank you.

Probably 

specific heat capacity 

1 minute ago, goboking said:

Glad to hear about fossils (even if I was holding out for a limestone biome).  I'm not sure how fossils convert to slime, though.  Not that I'm not happy to have another (much needed) source of the stuff.

Fossils are naturally slimy. You think they'd be super dry.. but nope. Slimy from all the deadness

16 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

The temp should still be fixed, but what it means is that polluted water can no longer have as much heat put into it as it used to. if the sieve still does what it does then its fine for people who use it. for those who don't its gonna be fun.

13 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

if the sieve still does what it does then its fine for people who use it. for those who don't its gonna be fun.

I've already got my popcorn ready, the backlash over this and boiling petroleum into natural gas is going to be entertaining.

Edited by goboking

9 minutes ago, FierceClaws said:

image.thumb.png.9ee07487a8c22287d810092e450f8929.png

I have 3 dupes in the astronaut job and it still says that, did anyone find out how to do this?

Just launched my first rocket, u need to send an active signal to the gantry

20180823153905_1.jpg

Edited by Fraxotic

3 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

What are the changes regarding steel production?

Also I assume no new colony is needed?

There's a new element fossils, u'd prolly need a new world to get it.

1 minute ago, Khullag said:

what's the fuel for rockets?

Petroleum~

Just now, FierceClaws said:

I did and it still shows missing astronaut. It's really confusing

I had my astronaut in an atmo suit. Not sure if that was needed.

WOW!! ROCKETS!!!! Tonight will be a gaming night instead of a sleeping nigth.....

"Water and Polluted Water now have the same SHC so that the water purifier won't magically cause a loss of energy"

it means 'Good bye old bases and water cooling designs!!! :(:( '... unless i toss hot steam to space.... (which can be a bad idea, but, if rockets can be used to bring ice or water from space... why not?? )

No more Oil -> NG? :(:(:( No more cool magma pool with oil to get tons of naturalgas in future :(:(