Shipwrecked on Switch music glitch

kiwikenobi

I just bought Don't Starve on Switch today, so I must have the most recent version. And while playing Shipwrecked, the dusk and morning music doesn't just play once, the way it does in the Steam version of the game. It plays, then a few seconds later, it plays again. And again. And again. Until the time of day changes to the next stage (day/night/dusk). I only played through one and a half game days, because it was getting really annoying. Has this issue been noted before? I didn't see anywhere to submit a bug report, or a list of known bugs, but perhaps I just missed them.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the game. Could you provide us more information including the following:

• Does this sound issue happen every time the time-of-day changes in-game?
  • Is this affecting multiple game worlds/save slots, or to only one specific save file?
  • Does this happen when playing Don't Starve (vanilla) / Reign of Giants / or Shipwrecked worlds? 

Sorry for the delay in replying. I thought I had set up to be notified when this thread was posted in, but I guess I hadn't. I noticed the repeating music thing in different attempts in Shipwrecked, not sure if the actual save slot is the cause, since I only ever just restarted the same one. I didn't notice the problem at all in Reign of Giants. I didn't try the vanilla mode. The music problem seemed to happen every time it transitioned from day to evening, playing the evening music over and over, and then from night to day, playing the morning music over and over. It's been a while since I played it, so I'm afraid I don't remember more now. When I am able to play the game again, I will post again if I notice the issue happening again.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I tested it again using a completely different save file, and Shipwrecked still has the same problem with the music. When it turns to evening, the evening music plays, and then plays again and again and again until night.

Reign of Giants continues to not have the problem. So, that mode is fine. The problems seems to be isolated to Shipwrecked.

I did a bit more experimenting. It's mostly the evening/dusk music that loops endlessly in Shipwrecked. The looping morning music will sometimes go away if I make the working/crafting music play during the day. But the evening music will continue to loop even as the battle music is playing in the evening, so that both songs are playing at the same time. Turning the music all the way to zero in the game settings eliminates the problem, inasmuch that I couldn't hear the music looping anymore, but it also means none of the other music can be heard, which is a shame, because it's all very good music. It's just when the very short transition music loops that it becomes annoying.

On 30/08/2018 at 2:47 AM, JanH said:

Thank you for the detailed reports. I will pass this along to our Switch developers.

Can we finaly get bug fix for this one? If one of you guys would actualy play your game on the switch you would 100% see this bug!

Archived