Webber's Place in Hamlet DLC

I mostly play Webber and while I am very excited to play Hamlet in December,

But as the DLC seem focused on "civilized" pigs, would they be hostile to Webber or neutral?

If they're hostile he won't be able to utilize the town biome, but the Pig king in the base game has been non-hostile to him so it might work?

Or will the trade off be that he can befriend the scorpions that come with the DLC? Will there be something new for him to befriend?

What do you guys think?

12 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Pig CIty is just one of many biomes that Dlc'll itroduce. Even if weber can't utilize he'll still be able to visit other biomes

Still, from what the Trailer show it seems to be one of the main features of the DLC, like the volcano in Shipwrecked.

By the way I actually asked on one of Klei's art-streams for information but a mod told me no info is available until it's release so i thought I'd ask here.

11 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

Still, from what the Trailer show it seems to be one of the main features of the DLC, like the volcano in Shipwrecked.

By the way I actually asked on one of Klei's art-streams for information but a mod told me no info is available until it's release so i thought I'd ask here.

I have a Idea of how it might work. Since the pigs are civilized, They wouldn't outright try to kill something Pig like but they would be wary of you at the beginning. The pigs would most likely make you pay higher costs and out right ban you from certain shops, but over time the Pigs will begin to trust you more and allow you the things they banned from you in the past and eventually allow you to coexist with them. Another aspect would be that Webber would be more trusted from the seedy part of the community due to his monster like appearance and spider abilities. My final idea of how it would work would be like the Gorge where the Pigs didn't really care because they had evolved more.

10 hours ago, frashaw26 said:

I have a Idea of how it might work. The pigs would most likely make you pay higher costs

This is something that makes me think you're onto something. having higher prices would be a down side that would still signal their dislike for him, while not completely throwing him out.

I am doubtful however that long-lasting encounters with the would cause this to cease though, unless this is a mechanic that all characters would have.

That said I think a price increase is fair, and may be played by that Webber may more easily gather money in ruins since the mobs there don't attack him. Who knows, maybe he can even sell his own beard(silk)?

On 8/16/2018 at 12:06 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

I didn't see any spooders in any trailer.

That might be a thing where Webber becomes a downright downgrade for this DLC, like he can't interact with pigs and Spiders are rare on the map.

Sort of like how Wes is a choice for players that want more of a challenge?

Would that make sense?

I don't think so. Wes is a challenge character, but he can still do anything else that normal characters can. Locking Webber out of interacting with pigs entirely wouldn't be a challenge, it would simply make him unable to experience a large amount of content.

So either pigs will ignore him to level him with the other characters or he will have some sort of downgrade, but a buff in turn to even it out.

Like for example, what if you can hire Pigs as bodyguards or to carry stuff for you? But Webber can't do that but in turn he can get some sort of "evolved" spider with armor or more health or something.

I could see it working like Chester, like you buy a contract and then the pigs follow you as long as you carry the contract, if you leave it in a chest the pig stays put. It's a concept I've thought about before and I like it. I think it could be implemented.

To be honest I do hope they add some sort of new spiders, not like shipwrecked, where it's a reskin with an added mechanic, but something new you know?

Do you think scorpions will count as spiders?

2 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

So either pigs will ignore him to level him with the other characters or he will have some sort of downgrade, but a buff in turn to even it out.

No. Klei haven't done something like this in past Dlcs so why should they in Hamlet. 

Want examples? Ok:

-Woodie can't get Glommer cuz of his curse

-Woodie drowns when he turns into Werebeaver while on the boat

-Webber is hated by Bottlenose Ballphins= no free protection against crocodogs 

22 hours ago, Szczuku said:

No. Klei haven't done something like this in past Dlcs so why should they in Hamlet. 

You make a valid point my friend.

I would like to see some news spiders though.

22 hours ago, Szczuku said:

That seems a bit harsh though, but surely he washes up on shore though? Beavers can swim.

On 8/26/2018 at 4:48 PM, Szczuku said:

I'm p sure that's a bug.

-Webber is hated by Bottlenose Ballphins= no free protection against crocodogs 

I don't understand this. But why would such lovely creatures be so racist towards a spider child? It doesn't even make sense in game because Ballphins can't have developed a hatred towards spiders because spiders can't swim, and Ballphins can't even go on land.

-Woodie can't get Glommer cuz of his curse

This is why DST Woodie is better in that regard.

Uh...Wigfrid bro? She can't eat meat, but she has a buff in combat effectiveness to balance out the constant need for flesh.

In fact, all character aside from Wilson have at least one buff, and one big debuff...that's kinda the whole point of playing as and experimenting with different characters.

joshthink.thumb.png.5c5e70a5ae4ab5a3617ee4dfe2d54596.png

Edit: And besides, you can never have too many species of Don't Starve spiders. They're the most diverse mob in the entire franchise! :wilson_goodjob:

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

1.I don't understand this. But why would such lovely creatures be so racist towards a spider child? It doesn't even make sense in game because Ballphins can't have developed a hatred towards spiders because spiders can't swim, and Ballphins can't even go on land.

2.Uh...Wigfrid bro? She can't eat meat, but she has a buff in combat effectiveness to balance out the constant need for flesh.

3.And besides, you can never have too many species of Don't Starve spiders. They're the most diverse mob in the entire franchise! :wilson_goodjob:

1. They simply hate monsters. Land or sea doesn't matter, monster is a monster. And Webber is one.

2.I've meant that Klei never gave character another buff to help them in dlc. Everything you quoted was an example. Wigfrid was added to the game with dlc so... I didn't mean that characters have + and -

You misunderstood my point

3. Yeah. I'm pretty sure that at least every surface spider will be added to the dlc. If I remember correctly op said "Webber may more easily collect money in the ruins since monster there don't attack him" and I corrected him saying that only spiders are neutral to Webber

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I'm p sure that's a bug.

I don't think so cuz he spawns on another island with stuff to make wooden raft

On 12.08.2018 at 10:28 PM, TheMetalMan said:

I mostly play Webber and while I am very excited to play Hamlet in December,

But as the DLC seem focused on "civilized" pigs, would they be hostile to Webber or neutral?

If they're hostile he won't be able to utilize the town biome, but the Pig king in the base game has been non-hostile to him so it might work?

Or will the trade off be that he can befriend the scorpions that come with the DLC? Will there be something new for him to befriend?

What do you guys think?

I think that pigs will be neutral to Webber. It would be cool if the guards were constantly watching him, and ordinary residents were afraid.

5 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

He arrived with Shipwrecked, but the mechanic with his food benefit cooldown was actually implemented in post.

Again. You're misunderstanding my point.
What I've meant is:

Vanilla characters didin't get any changes when Rog or Shipwrecked came out. Rog characters got no changes when Sw came out.

That's what I mean- Klei giving character that existed b4 dlc some buffs to make them better for the dlc. Not character changes overall or character abilities being related to the dlc the character is a part of.

Archived