Krampus Backpack

I killed him like 15 times and no backpack, I know the chances are very slim, that's why I want to ask you how many times did you kill him to get his backpack ?And it seems to be a bug or something, I went and exterminated 3 towns of pigs ( big ones ) and no krampus spawned ( i heard the hiss but he was not there ) and when i got home, and slayed 3 of my pigs, 3 krampuses spawned near by. One of them killed my favorite pig, Mr.P i have him from day 10 :(R.I.P. Mr. P

I STILL haven't gotten him and I've easily killed over a hundred xD According to his code it's a 1% chance of dropping so I must just be unlucky then...As for the latter problem it wasn't a bug, depending on what day you are on there's a chance that up to 3 Krampii can spawn when you "summon" him. The reason he didn't get summoned during the first pig slaughter must have been because you were JUST under the threshold to summon him, so when you went back home your naughty points didn't diminish a whole lot and those few extra pigs put you right over. The threshold can be anywhere from 30-50 naughty pts and pigs count for 3 pts each (with 1 pt of naughtiness taken away per minute).Hope this helped!

One one playthrough I killed him 15times,no result.Then another time I killed him once and he dropped his sack.And yesterday I got his sack in adventure mode,again the first kill :) The odds with only a 1% drop chance...Maybe Klei could make it that the more Krampi you kill the higher the chance for a Krampus sack.Like add 1-2% per kill..

The chances of getting it are really low.

see:

inst.components.lootdropper:AddChanceLoot("krampus_sack", .01)
(1% drop chance)

After farming krampus for days, i just ended up changing the rate to 50% chance.

Edited by scud

The chances of getting it are really low.see:

(.01% drop chance)After farming krampus for days, i just ended up changing the rate to 50% chance.
No, not it's not 0.01% - Its just 0.01, which is 1/100 which is 1%

Here is what I want:1. Dissection Table2. Able to carry trapped frogs like rabbits3. Dissect animals to get possible benefits4. Useable Tongue whip5. Whip Krampus until he runs out of charcoal and stolen items.6. Hit him again to get him to drop the Krampus sack7. Watch as he turns insane for stealing FROM him and removing his only way to escape.Frogs become useful, cool new build-able science tab item, removing the random of krampus.

The chances of getting it are really low.see:

(1% drop chance)After farming krampus for days, i just ended up changing the rate to 50% chance.
Hello Scud, can you tell me where to change this in my game files ?I want something like a 10 or 20 % chance.What i have to change and where in the game files ?Thank you if you can help !

*open (dontstarve location)\data\scripts\prefabs\krampus.lua file, in notepad.

*search for this line:(is almost at the end)

*change the ".01" for the number you want.

*save the file.

ps: make a copy of the file first, just in case.

145 kills, but I finally reached the almost Krampus point, made a save, & reset to it over & over. I've heard as few as 3, under 20 is common. Over 100 seems to be unusual. I rarely got Treeguards before Progress Update, so I don't seem to hit the low %'s.