Pocket edition controls disappear in Android 9

My phone recently updated itself to a beta version of Android 9. Since then, when I launch the game, the virtual joystick and virtual attack/collect buttons are missing. Moreover, it doesn't look like there's any way to get them back - the UI seems to be asking for an xbox controller.

I guess there's some autodetecting of the OS version, can you make it treat Android 9 like Android 8? I am running on a Pixel 2.

Thanks if you can make it playable again! It's a great game.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with controls. We have reported this to our mobile devs; in the meantime, could you provide us with your device specs?

- Your Android device,
- Your Device model number,
- Your device manufacturer

Also, would you be able to answer a couple of questions

1) Is Bluetooth enabled on your device currently? Does the same issue happen when you have disabled it?

2) Are you using (or have you ever used) any third-party software/app that allows you to custom map controllers?

The same problem is happening on my Google Pixel XL 2 device as well.  Today, I received / installed the Android Version 9 public OTA update.  The game looks as if it needs the Xbox controller whether Bluetooth is on or off.  I have never used 3rd party software for custom map controllers.

I am also having this issue and I'm mortified! It happened after the most recent Android upgrade. Pixel 2 XL. Please help! I'm getting on a plane tomorrow and don't know what I'll do! This is my favorite game! Next to Goldeneye.

I'm having the same problem after an update to Android 9 on my Google Pixel 2. I'm having the problem regardless of whether Bluetooth is on or off. I've never installed third party controller software. I tried reinstalling the game and nothing changed. 

The picture enclosed is what appears for the control screen with no option to remap for a phone without a controller. I cannot even exit screens like setting or controls because I don't have a "B" button. 

Screenshot_20180816-114215.png

Hi,

Im having the same problem with my device when I recently update to android oreo. I hope this is resolved or being resolved.

If it is fixed could someone help how to return the touch controls because its opting me to use also a controller.

My Device is:

-Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

-Bluetooth is turned off.

-Im not using any 3rd party software/app

Ive attached a screenshot of my devices info.

Hope it gets resolved soon.

Thank you. Love your game, I hope could play it again soon.

Screenshot_2018-08-30-23-50-21-271_com.android.settings.png

Hi everyone, we think we may have found a possible fix for this issue and are currently testing this to make sure that the possible fix works and that it does not negatively affect the game. We are hoping to roll the fix out sometime soon - again we are very sorry for the inconvenience, and would like to thank you all for your patience while we investigated this issue. 

Hi,

Good day Sir Moderator/Dev hope we get a reply for any kind of update if there would be any estimated time for the update or if you are still looking up for some fixes, just to give a "calming" notice for us who wants to play this lovely creation of a game.

Hope it gets fixed soon. Im itching to go back playing this game.

Thanks in advance for the response.

On 8/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, JanH said:

Hi everyone, we think we may have found a possible fix for this issue and are currently testing this to make sure that the possible fix works and that it does not negatively affect the game. We are hoping to roll the fix out sometime soon - again we are very sorry for the inconvenience, and would like to thank you all for your patience while we investigated this issue. 

Any updates?

Sorry for the wait and for the inconvenience. We are currently finalizing the update for Android (which will include the fix for this control issue) and we hope to have the update ready to roll-out sometime next week. Thank you very much for your patience everyone.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, JanH said:

Sorry for the wait and for the inconvenience. We are currently finalizing the update for Android (which will include the fix for this control issue) and we hope to have the update ready to roll-out sometime next week. Thank you very much for your patience everyone.

I guess that plan went to crap. I'd like a refund. It's that simple. If you can't delivera playable games, then i would like my money back.

On 29/9/2018 at 6:47 PM, herferod said:

I guess that plan went to crap. I'd like a refund. It's that simple. If you can't delivera playable games, then i would like my money back.

I agree. This is pretty unacceptable

On 8/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, JanH said:

Any updates?

On 9/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, JanH said:

Protip: under promise, over deliver. If you say 2-3 weeks and it comes out in a week everybody is thrilled. If you say hopefully a week and it's not here, we get mutinous.

On 9/21/2018 at 12:39 AM, JanH said:

Update is finally available and game is playable once again after waiting like for forever. Anyways thanks, but Im just curious why does it say "Last Updated Sept. 21" in Android Playstore, when I check everyday but was only able to update it today.

Archived