The Challenge is that you can't use polymer presses, metal refineries, rock granulators, glass forge, or oil refineries. Start off with a smooth hatch and a glossy drecko, then go molten slickster when in oil biome. you can use natural gas gen, (the generator and boiler) an insane regolith smelter,  (As long as it doesn't contain any of the above) and any other machine that doesn't use any of these. (You can use petroleum gen)

Molten Slick.yaml

Glossy Drecko.yaml

Smooth.yaml

This is an interesting challenge.  The no early rock granulator would make me sad because I tend to rush smart battery on coal generator, but I wouldn't feel the need for it if I can feed copper or iron to a smooth hatch. 

One hard part would be building a stable colony without a rock granulator due to sand limitations.  If your colony becomes large enough, you will no longer be able to sustainably support yourself with the regolith for your filters unless you use liquid oxygen machines and water boilers.

Hard mode of this challenge would be to not start with the animals and have to either ranch them before you have these resources or find another way to create these resources.

Boil Crude Oil? (A tiny bit?) Get Lucky With a Volcano? Melt Metal Ore? A true hardcorist would not even do those. They would rely on critters and critters only. A petroleum Gen is still possible. This doesn't say no Fertilizer Maker. If you wanted to, you could. All is fine and dandy, unless the eggs fall into the water, or in that matter, the critters themselves. Just imagine if the only reason you're refined metal-less is because the one smooth hatch that you got, died.

Archived